The Kings Love

By NamMinJasmine

Running away from an abusive home, Jasmine Marie finds herself on a plane with tragic results, landing her in... More

Cast
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
The Compromise |12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
The search begins |16|
Sophia's Smile |17|
When the Kings are away, The Chosen shall play |18|
Jasmine's Nightmare |19|
Candys Corruption |20|
King Laurent's Return |21|
Jasmines Dismissal? |22|
King Larrys Change |23|
A Kings Jealousy |24|
Back Into The Forest |25|
Remembering |26|
Comforting Her King |27|
The Kings Decisions |28|
The Twin Kings Headaches |29|
Determination |30|
Hearing Their Side |31|
Curtis Speaks |32|
Dysfunctional Dinner |33|
Alliances |34|
Melissa's AWOL |35|
What Actually Happened |36|
Did you have fun Your Highness? |37|
Feelings |38|
Conflicted |39|
Their Secret |40|
London |41|
If you're staying |42|
Your what? |43|
Not good enough |44|
Losing her |45|
Staying Still/Moving On |46|
|48|
A/N Important
Friendship |49|
A/N: Q & A
Court Game Reverse? |50|
No |51|
Us Day |52|
Not Everything Ends Well |53|
Festival of Life
Uneasy
Finding out
Where am i?
Beast King
Dead Ends
Frost Queen
Stressed
So much hate..
....
His view
Back to Parisih
Um..
Overstepping Boundaries
No Running
It's Not That
Inner Battle
What?
I'm sorry..Repeat that please
Im happy..but yet I'm not
Hormonal
Ignoring the issue
Confined Again
You can't fix everything
I'm sorry that i'm crazy
Secrets?
|80|
|81|
|82|
|83|
|84|
Filler Chapter
|85|
|86|
|87|
Epilouge

Don't leave me Kyanna |47|

2.2K 132 101
By NamMinJasmine

( King Larry )

She said nothing. Not a single word since we got on the boat. Lauren had immediately told Jasmine to leave with us, that she would be fine on her own. But Jasmine was not, I was worried about her sanity.

Jasmine: "What's wrong with her Larry?" I hadn't expected Jasmine to speak. I was caught off guard and the sorrow hit me like a ton of bricks.

King Larry: "She's suffering from a brain tumor. When Kyanna started having issues with remembering certain things, I had her checked out. By the time we found out, it was already to big. I tried to get her some medical help but no chemo could fix it. I wanted to tell you but Kyanna begged me not to. I'm so sorry Jasmine." She said nothing, just started crying again. My mom wrapped her arms around Jasmine and softly stroked her hair. But I had to at least warn her about what she was walking into.

King Larry: "Jasmine, there's something else you should know. About Laurent, well he--"

Lidia: "That's enough Larry! She cannot handle something else right now. We will speak about it when she's in a better mindset." My mothers glare shut me up. Was she crazy? Did she think Jasmine would handle it better heading into a major war unprepared? I huffed and leaned back into the seat, placing my hand on Jasmine's thigh, offering my comfort at the very least.

We got off the boat and walked through the town silently. A couple of townsfolk greeted Jasmine warmly while others just had a look of sadness in them. When we got to the castle, Jasmine held back at the entrance. I looked back at her and she was shaking like a leaf in the wind. I slowly went to her, taking ahold of her hands.
King Larry: "Are you okay?" She looked at me and tears fell from her dark mocha eyes.

Jasmine: "What if King Laurent doesn't permit me to enter? What if Kyanna doesn't remember me? I don't know if I can say goodbye to another person Larry. I just can't! It hurts! Please Larry, I'm scared!" She was hyperventilating and her eyes went wide, the pupils dilating. I quickly yanked her into my arms, hugging her to let her know she was not alone.  She buried her face in my shirt and cried.

King Larry: "Jasmine, I know it hurts and I am so sorry you have to do this. To be honest, I wasn't going to tell you. I was scared that it would break you, you've had such rotten luck here in Parisih and I didn't want to add to it. But Jasmine, since my mom isn't here there is something I need to tell you. Candice is pregnant." Still, was the only way I could describe Jasmine. There was no more crying, no shaking, no anger, just stillness. Jasmine's head slowly lifted and I felt my own tears prick at my eyes at the pure betrayal and hurt in the brown depths.
Jasmine: "It is Laurents?" , She asked quietly.

King Larry: "She says it is but I have my doubts, I hardly believe Candice was only sleeping with my twin."
Jasmine eyes went distant and I felt like she became so empty.

Jasmine: "Can you take me to Kyanna now?" Lost was the only emotion hanging in the air. I whispered okay to her and guided her to my room, where Kyanna lay.

( Jasmine )

My mind was everywhere but yet no where. So Candice was pregnant? For some reason, I wasn't surprised. King Laurent wanted children and what better way to trap a King who no longer wanted you? It mattered not at the current moment, all I wanted to do was see Kyanna. When Larry took me to his chambers, I couldn't tell you what it looked like for the only thing I saw was the skinny dark chocolate woman laying in the bed. I walked from Larrys side all the way to the side of the bed Kyanna was on. Her face was sunken in and her usually dark chocolate complexion was now a dull nearly ashy color, like a piece of charcoal that was turned to ash. Her dark mane was now thinning and laid about her face like a willows branches. Her eyes fluttered open so slowly and when she turned her head to look at me, I watched as she grimaced in pain but still managed to smile at me.

A sound made its way from the very core of my soul and broke free, a cry like no other. I fell to my knees and leaned my head on Kyannas arm on the bed, sobs rocking my body.

Jasmine: "Oh Kyanna, I-I- I'm so sorry! I wasn't here and I should've been here! Oh Kyanna, why didn't you tell me? I could've held your hand! I could've been a better friend! I was so wrapped up in me and didn't see you. I'm sorry." My voice broke with every word and I was wetting the sheets with my tears. Hot fat droplets of water fell one after the other as I cried out my sorrow at seeing my friend in such a state. When I felt a thin nearly bony hand caress my cheek, I looked up into the sad but still bright eyes of Kyanna.

Kyanna: "I do not care that you were gone before Jasmine, you are here now. I am well aware of the hurt you have also endured and I am sorry I can't be here to hold your hand when you need me as you do mines now. Jasmine, do not break from this, I have made my peace and Larry has promised to take care of my siblings for me. I am not sad because I am dying, I am sad because I can see you dying although you live. Live for me Jasmine, do not let what you love slip through your fingers because you never know when it's to late. King Laurent is a fool but I hear the arguments, I hear the disbelief. Sophia wrote to me and informed me that she heard King Laurent say he wants to marry you. Candice is a danger Jasmine, do not let her win. You, my friend deserve to be Queen, cause only you my friend will both Kings love and protect. One as your guardian and one as your heart. Do not run Jasmine. Know that I love you and I hope to look down upon you and a beautiful kingdom." Kyannas voice rasped and cracked with every word and I begged her to speak no more, to just rest. I took her small hand in mines, squeezing it and saying a silent prayer.
I felt arms wrap around me and saw Larry kneeling next to me and he took Kyannas other hand in his.

King Larry: "I will take care of them until my dying breath and even after. Your family will never know struggle again my love." Larry got up and leaned over to Kyanna, placing a soft kiss on her lips. Her smile was gentle and kind.

Kyanna: "Thank you Larry. I'm tired so i'ma just rest now..." And like that, the hand softly squeezing mines back went slack as her eyelids lethargically closed. Panic rose in my chest. I got up and started to shake her, begging for her to wake up.

Jasmine: "Please! Please! Noooooooo! Kyanna please! Wake up don't do this to me!" More and more I shook her but nothing. My tears blurred my vision and I was losing it. Larry pulled me away into his arms as Dr. Leona came in the room and checked Kyannas pulse. When she sighed and shook her head in a negative nod, I lost it. I pushed against Larrys hold and reach out for Kyanna.
Jasmine: "Noooooooooooo! Kyannaaaaaa! Please no! Let me go Larry! Let me go damnit!" Larry was crying, his heart just as broken as mine.

King Larry: "She's gone Jasmine. Please, no more. Let Dr. Leona do her job, we shouldn't be here. Come with me." I cried as Larry led me away from his room and Kyanna. Who else would I lose?

Larry softly sat me down in the resting room, his eyes just as broken as mine. He placed his hands on my face and made me stare him in the eyes, my brother seemed to have aged ten years in ten minutes.

King Larry: "Do not break Jasmine. I need you to get it together." My mind was blank and I spoke with an emotionless tone.
Jasmine: "Don't let her leave... Don't let her leave me Larry! Don't leave me Kyanna! Please!" I was losing it once again, my heart in a scramble and my mind just exploded. Larry just hung his head down and cried. The atmosphere was to much, just pure pain. The sudden sound of heels hitting marble was loud in my ears, and I felt a cold dread settle in my body but anger was its undertone.

Candice: "Wow, who let the pauper back in? What's the matter? After King Laurent left you, you came here begging for scraps? Why are you even back in Parisih? King Laurent chose me." I slowly looked up to her, my eyes bloodshot and my face red. I got up and just looked at the woman. I reached into my pocket and gripped the thin chain in my hand. Candice leaned and glared in my face, her words a hissed whisper.
Candice: "What's the matter, cat got your tongue? Without your little sidekick Kyanna, you are nothing." And with that, my hand swung back and the sound of gold hitting flesh was loud. Candice laid on the floor, clutching her cheek, the welt from King Laurent's necklace a nice dark red. I watched as her blood for the cut on her dripped down the chain. I walked over to her and got in her face.

Jasmine: "I know everything you've done Candice, Curtis has informed me of everything. I don't care if you're pregnant, if you ever mentioned Kyanna through your vile whore lips again, I will personally see that you not only are exiled but I feel an execution is in order. No more nice Jasmine, Candice. King Laurent is mine and then I will show you who the true pauper is, you money hungry bitch!" I stood up, emptiness in my heart. I turned around and ran right into the arms of King Laurent.
Surprise lit his eyes and then pain and shame.

King Laurent: "Jasmine...why are you here?

End chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 684 17
Andrea didn't know what to expect when she met Laurent Bourgeois, a simple project turned Twilight movie turned a new change in life, she thought her...
496K 10.8K 56
I was sitting in his lap and I tried to look everywhere but at him because of the fact I was straddling him. "You look way better in my clothes" A...
119K 3.6K 47
Chloe wasn't like any other 14 year old, while most fourteen year olds would be living a care free life, Chloe is hunting for food in garbage cans an...
3.4K 333 16
Badly beaten and stabbed Jasmine was standing at death's door. Until two beautiful strangers rescued her. But the strangers had a secret they were va...