The Beast

By palepinkferriswheel

To the world he was a beast but for her he would do anything. He could have the world but all he wanted was h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Authors Note-Important
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Authors note
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Final Authors Note

Chapter 26

1.2M 53.1K 15K
By palepinkferriswheel

I sat talking to Maggie and Cyrus after my shift was over, the cafe was absolutely empty at this time of night and I adored talking to those two. After what I had done the last time I saw Xavier I wasn't exactly in a rush to go to his house, maybe I would stay at Jay's tonight. My decision had absolutely nothing to do with my cowardice, or at least I tried to convince myself it didn't.

"Honey we love talking to you but it's getting very late." Maggie said, and I nodded realizing it was nearly midnight. I called Jay telling him I was staying over for the night, and though confused he was happy to have me over, offering to pick me up but much to his dismay I declined. But of course Jay wasn't giving up that easy, if I got something he would too. Somehow he had gotten me to agree to go to a midnight movie with him as he wanted to catch the first show of his favourite actor, claiming the actors' body would make it worth it, and although grossed out I agreed. I quickly changed into a pair of dark jeans with a fitted creme sweater, knowing Jay would skin me alive if I was dressed as he calls it lamely, to watch the premiere of his to be favourite movie.

I quickly messaged Xavier.
"Hi Xavier its Raine, thank you for letting me stay last night but I think I'll just stay with Jay from now on."

I sighed looking at it. It sounded meek to me, anything but the strong unaffected woman I had meant to sound like. I pressed a kiss to Maggie's cheek as she gathered up the dishes outside before making my way to Cyrus who now sat inside the office handling the paperwork. I kneeled down in front of him and he set the bag down to turn to me. I grabbed his large hands in my own, the thin skin on his hands worrying me at how fragile it felt.

"Promise me you won't disappear like that again." I said seriously to Cyrus and he smiled at me gently.

"I promise cookie." He answered.

"One more thing." I say and he nods looking at me confused.

"Get well soon okay, put all your energy into it, because there is no way you are leaving me or Maggie." I said stubbornly, my vision starting to get blurry as tears began to cloud my eyes and he nodded at me extending his pinkie. I smiled at him connecting my own pinkie with his, the way we would when I was a child.

"Goodnight Cyrus." I told him pressing a kiss to his cheek before grabbing my bag.

I dragged the bag through the door huffing and puffing as I went but came to a stop when I saw who waited outside.

Xavier stood leaned up against his car. His steely grey eyes trained on me intensely, watching my every move as I fidgeted beneath his gaze. It was predatory, he looked at me as if I were his prey. His thick muscled arms covered by the dress shirt that he had folded up to show his impressive forearms, were crossed in front of his broad chest. The first few buttons of the shirt popped open showing the smooth tan skin that gleamed in contrast to the white shirt. He seemed to glow with an ethereal dark beauty, one that could easily have me enthralled.

I slowly made my way to him, after coming to the conclusion that I couldn't run. He was much taller and he probably worked out while I read and drank sugary beverages all day, it wouldn't exactly be a fair chase.

I came to a stop next to him, keeping a large distance between us. I mumbled out a small 'hi' to him while staring down at his shoes not wanting to meet his intense angry gaze. I finally mustered up the courage to look at him, and let out a gasp when I did, he was now right in front of me. His arm wrapped around my waist whirling me around to press me against his car. I squirmed in his hold, biting my lip keeping my eyes trained on his large broad chest too intimidated to meet his eyes.

His hand came up under my chin forcing me to look into his eyes, up close I could see the storm brewing in his grey eyes as he stared at me, he was not happy with me. He held up his phone letting me see the message and through clenched teeth he finally spoke.

"What's this supposed to mean?" He asked me his voice rougher then usual as he asked of the aloof message I sent him, holding up his phone before me.

"J-just that I'm staying with Jay, I shouldn't be a burden on you. I-it's not fair to you and it's kind of irrational staying with a man I don't know that well after a break in." I say stopping myself from rambling when I feel his fist clench tightly as it rests softly on my hip.

"You think you're a burden?" He asks me his voice angry and I simply stare at him not knowing what to say. I didn't want to upset him further not knowing what he would do. Although I no longer believed he would actually hurt me, it didn't change the fact that I found him extremely intimidating.

"Raine." He said through clenched teeth as I don't answer, taking another step forward so his body completely presses to mine, and I dug myself further into the car but he came even closer and my mind begins to grow foggy. His scent completely enveloping me, his firm strong warm body pressed against mine so that I could feel his broad chest move with every breath. His dark eyes stared intensely into my own making me forget how to breathe.

"Answer me love." He said leaning down nuzzling his face into my neck and I trembled in his hold. This was taking an unexpected turn.

"T-this is inappropriate." I mumbled out pathetically and he inhaled deeply, pressing a kiss to my throat, as he pulled away only enough to look into my eyes.

"Is it?" He asked his eyes full of mischief and something more as he trailed his nose slowly from my cheek to my jaw and back. The bit of oxygen I had managed to get into my body with him so close rushed out at the way the silver of his eyes gleamed. Where had the anger gone? That was easier to handle than this, I didn't have enough time to sit down and ponder over how I felt about this. I struggled to speak, not wanting him to see the way I reacted to him. It was odd as if he had me under a spell, it confused me. I'd never acted this way before, no one had ever induced such behaviour from me before.

"Man you barely know huh?" He asked trailing kisses down my jaw, making me let out a breathy gasp.

"T-that's not what I meant." I say lamely.

"Really? So what did you mean love?" He asked his voice growing husky, something in his tone telling me he was trying to restrain himself, but from what I didn't know. I blinked deliberately as I felt a drop of rain on my cheek, a few more before the rain really began to pour down upon us, drenching us both in mere seconds. My cheeks warmed as his white shirt begins to grow translucent sticking to the taut muscles of his broad chest and revealing the tan skin beneath. The rain was cold but yet my skin was beginning to feel quite heated.

His tongue came out gently licking the corner of my jaw, collecting the cold rain drops from my skin with his heated tongue. The sensation of his mouth on my skin making my fists clench against the collar of his shirt but he simply continued in his path pressing kisses on whatever skin he could reach.

"D-don't you want an answer?" I asked, I'd rather be in that predicament than this.

"Maybe later." He whispered into my ear, his warm breath rushing over it making a shiver run through me.

"B-but-." I start but he interrupted me pressing a finger against my lips, pulling away he trails his fingers slowly over my lips, his eyes gazing intently at my parted lips. Short puffs of air escaped them but they stopped altogether as he leaned closer, his eyes flickering from my lips up to my eyes. I looked into his beautiful melted silver eyes and my lack of oxygen became the last thing on my mind as his body pressed even closer to mine.

His arms wrapped tightly around my waist pulling me impossibly closer, every part of my body pressed against his. My eyes slowly fluttered close as I felt his warm breath on my lips, his soft plump lips pressed softly to mine hesitantly making every thought rush out of my head. Xavier being all I could think about as his plump lips now pressed firmly into mine, his kiss gentle but so passionate that it almost didn't feel real. My hands travelled up behind him, an arm wrapping around him and one going to grip his hair, not even able to think, all this coming as an instinct to having his lips against mine and his firm broad form pressed against mine. I moved my lips slowly against his, my muscles slowly relaxing under his touch, my whole body melting into his and his seemed to do the same.

His lips moved with mine, and it felt as if they were meant to be together, as if our lips were molded specifically for each other, as if our bodies were carved to press into each others. He held me as if his arms have ached to hold me for a lifetime, and now he could as if he would never let go. We pulled apart slowly, our lips swollen from the passionate kiss that we shared. His arms still wrapped tightly around me as if even after the kiss he wasn't ready to let go.

He looked deeply into my eyes, his the softest I had ever seen them. His lashes wet from the rain appearing darker making his eyes look even more striking. I panted for breath, flustered after the kiss but he looked completely in control, the only thing telling me he was affected by the kiss were his eyes, the intensity of them, the intense longing in them as if he wanted to kiss me again. As if he never wanted to pull away, as if he would be perfectly fine with kissing me for all of eternity.

I swallowed thickly as I looked back up at him, to be looked at with such desire, such longing was something I'd never forget. This wasn't just a man's passion for a woman not just some regular lust, it was much more intimate, longing just for me. It were as if he longed after everything that I was, not just my physical appearance, and that was something that would forever stay imprinted in my mind. I don't think it was possible for me to ever forget him, perhaps a man like him was impossible for anyone to forget, but I knew for sure I would always remember Xavier Night for the way he'd made me feel on this night. The way he'd made my insides heat up even in the cold downpour of the rain.

I stared up at him struggling to compose myself, but then he did something that made all my efforts go to waste, something that makes me feel even more breathless than I already was. Something that I had never seen him do, something that I would long to see again as long as I lived.

A small smile formed on his face as he gazed down at me adoringly. His melting silver eyes held a joy that I had never seen in them before but wished to see again and again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 220 37
He was the first to love her but also the first to break her. She thought the cure for everything in the world was love. It took falling in love hers...
23.4M 723K 50
He was powerful. He was terrifying. Said to be cruel and unjust. Terrifyingly possessive. He had the world, but to him she was his world. There was n...
146 3 9
a good girl a good life what more could she want. There was only one thing that could truly satisfy her, Him.
1.1M 34.7K 31
She was his world without her knowing it she was the lost hope,for him to return back to normalcy. she was his precious little love. she was the be...