The Beast

By palepinkferriswheel

To the world he was a beast but for her he would do anything. He could have the world but all he wanted was h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Authors Note-Important
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Authors note
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Final Authors Note

Chapter 21

1.1M 45.9K 13.2K
By palepinkferriswheel

"Mr.Night I-" I started but he interrupted me.

"Raine please I'm begging you do not call me Mr.Night, call me Xavier." He pleaded and for a moment I'm tempted to say his name just to see if it sounds as good when I say it as it does when he says it. But I doubted that was possible this man was perfect, inhumanely so. Perhaps that's why he was so terrifying.

"I-I can't live with you." I said with a breathy little laugh, uncomfortably trying to move away from him to put some space between us, but he stepped forward, eliminating any space I managed to create. It was as though he did not understand human emotion very well, to me it seemed like he could not even tell I was uncomfortable. From what I knew of him thus far despite being a little pushy at times, he wasn't the type of man that would purposely try to make someone uncomfortable, or continue doing something he thought made somebody feel that way. 

"Love it's for your safety, that's all, I only want to keep you safe. Raine you're in danger because of me and I couldn't live with myself if something were to happen to you." He said, the look in his eyes softening a bit in a way that seemed almost tender.

"I'm living with Jay, I promise I'm safe." I reassured. Perhaps he thought it was the man who had attacked me come to take vengeance since he had beat him up quite badly. It really wasn't his fault though. He had done a really kind thing by stepping in on those occasions and helping me. 

"Y-you shouldn't feel guilty. It can not be the man that attacked me, he was arrested, I would have been informed if he had gotten bail. It was very kind of you to step in and save me but please don't trouble yourself now. I am very much safe." I told him, attempting to give a reassuring smile but I wasn't sure how effective it was.

"I'm glad to hear that man was arrested, he deserved far worse. But whoever did raid your apartment left that note, clearly it was with intent, and they may be back. In the circumstances that they do come back, surely Jay's home would be a predictable place to look for you." I was about to interrupt him but he continued before I had the chance to do so.

"If that is what you are worried about, then rest assured I would never touch you, not without your consent." He mumbled quietly making my face burn with embarassment. 

"You've saved me twice, I do not think you capable of sexual assault." I muttered quickly, refusing to make eye contact with him. Just because I knew he wouldn't try to molest me, didn't mean I was going to become roomies with him. My eyes widened as I realized he had mentioned the note.

"How do you know about the note?" I asked pressing my lips together as I tried to imitate his probing expression.

"Small town, news spreads." Mr.Night said simply, so fast it couldn't have possibly been a lie. But that didn't change the fact that I could take care of myself, and I had my fiercely protective friends to care for me too.

"You would have your own room, and I promise I won't bother you, you would have complete privacy." He assured.

"No Mr.Night that's not it, I-I just, I can't come live with you. I'm going to be fine on my own, please don't worry about me." I begged, and this time he let my formality go.

"Raine I'm begging you, let me protect you." He says grabbing a hold of my elbows, but I got out of his hold, startled by the sudden movement, I took a step away from him.

"No I-I will be fine, trust me I can protect myself." I said and the look in his eyes told me he was about to argue, but I beat him to it.

"This isn't up for discussion Mr.Night." I stated firmly making sure not to look into his eyes so that I wouldn't coward out of saying the strict words.

"So isn't your safety." Mr.Night said. I narrowed me eyes at him, clenching my fists tightly, my nails digging into the soft skin of my palm.

"If the intruder had been there when you had gotten home what would you have done? Do you have any idea what could have happened?" He asked me, clearly making an effort to keep his voice gentle.

"But he did not, and I am fine. There's no use worrying over what could have but did not happen." I retorted sharply making his jaw clench tightly, and he raised an arm to loosen up the knot of his tie, clearly very frustrated with me. I struggled to stay cross with him, and not be distracted by the tie. 

"You don't understand. Low-lives like that don't stop so easily. I would feel very-very guilty if you were to get hurt because I allowed you to remain in such an obvious place." Mr.Night got out, struggling to look for the right words.

"I'll be fine, I somehow always am." I stated, crossing my arms against my chest. He looked over me for a moment before he crouched down, wrapping an arm around my legs, hoisting me up onto his shoulder making me squeal loudly in fright. My jaw dropped as he started walking out of the cafe, carrying me as though I was a sack of flour and not a very unsuspecting person. 

"Put me down." I said loudly, my voice octaves above the way it normally sounded. I couldn't believe this was actually happening. Perhaps I had fallen asleep while doing the records and had dreamed this all up, surely things this bizarre didn't occur in real life. But the pressure of his muscly arm on the back of my upper thighs was telling me otherwise.

"This is completely inappropriate." I yelled, going further into panic as he kept walking quietly.

"Put me down you hooligan." I screeched at the top of my lungs, completely hysterical now that we were out of the cafe and almost to his car. He set me down, using his body to trap me against his car.

"Hooligan really?" He asked amused, and oddly I blushed, making me want to scream. I was being kidnapped and here I was blushing at the kidnapper's amusement at my vocabulary, I really was going insane.

"Yes, y-you're kidnapping me, hooligans kidnap people." I explained trying to sound strong but sadly my voice cracked, causing me to seem every bit as startled as I was.

"It's not kidnapping love, I only want to keep you safe." He said using a hand to cup my face so that I was looking into his eyes. His silver eyes looked so soft and trustworthy that he was almost successful at side-tracking me.

"I-it is kidnapping, you're taking me captive, you're taking me against my will." I said. 

"I hadn't planned to do this against your will, but you won't come with me, and this is absolutely necessary to keep you safe. My house is unexpected, and has a great alarm system. Also as you have witnessed before I can hold my own in a fight." He said making my eyes dart down to the large muscles of his arms and chest and as always when I'm frustrated to my absolute embarrassment tears started to pour out of my eyes. It was why most people couldn't argue with me, even though I tried my best to stop it, I always started crying out of frustration.

"Hey, hey Raine, please love I didn't mean to scare you, please don't cry. Please just let me protect you, I swear no harm will come to you." He said sincerely and my struggles began to lessen until they came to a complete stop.

"Forgive me love, I never want to upset you." He mumbled softly cupping my face in his hands, and I nodded.

"Thank you, now will you please come with me?" He pleaded and I nodded unthinkingly, making the corners of his lips twitch up into a small smile, the happiness in his eyes making them all the more compelling. His arguments made sense to me, I loved Jay but he wasn't very skilled at fighting, and neither did his home have some elaborate alarm system. 

"Thank you love." Mr.Night said, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me towards his body crushing me against him. He pulled the door open, depositing me carefully into the car being so gentle with me as though he were afraid I would break.

I sat in my seat as he made his way towards the driver's side of the car, coming out of my trance and feeling the fear and regret at my actions creep up as I became more aware of what I had just agreed to. But the gentle way he had held me took away some of my doubt.

He sat in the car, starting it up, the smooth revving of the engine humming in my ears as he began to drive. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196 6 13
She's beautiful, and she gets along with everyone. Everyone loves her. Including him. He stops at nothing to protect her, until she slips through his...
70.1K 1.6K 25
She is the light for his dark world which he snatched away from everyone for himself only for him. SHE BELONG TO HIM TILL DEATH AND HE WAS RELUCTANT...
218K 7.1K 18
All he wanted was somebody that understood and she wanted to not feel this loneliness.
586K 23.5K 22
Aleera was the typical 21 century woman, had her own house and ran her own business, living all by herself and without relying on anyone. She saw her...