TRIBE Chronicles: The Complet...

By David_NL

***(Still undergoing edition.) - New chapters will be published at least, once or twice every month going for... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE & READERS' DISCRETION
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 1 - EXTENSION
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10 - David's Haunted Past
CHAPTER 10 - David's Haunted Past 2
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 11 - Resolution
CHAPTER 12 - Sequel Intro
RELIC OF THE PAST - CREDITS
SEQUEL'S ANNOUNCEMENT
[CH1] CHAPTER 13
[CH2] CHAPTER 14
[CH3] CHAPTER 15
[CH4] CHAPTER 16
[CH4] CHAPTER 16 - EXTENSION
[CH5] CHAPTER 17 - David's Return
[CH6] CHAPTER 18
[CH6] CHAPTER 18 - EXTENSION
[CH7] CHAPTER 19
[CH8] CHAPTER 20
[CH9] CHAPTER 21
[CH10] CHAPTER 22 - Resolution
[CH11] CHAPTER 23 - 2nd Sequel's Opening
A WINK OF FATE - CREDITS
ANNOUNCEMENT & APPRECIATION
[CH1] CHAPTER 24
[CH2] CHAPTER 25
[CH3] CHAPTER 26
[CH4] CHAPTER 27
[CH5] CHAPTER 28
[CH5] CHAPTER 28 - EXTENSION
[CH6] CHAPTER 29
[CH7] CHAPTER 30
[CH8] CHAPTER 31
[CH9] CHAPTER 32
[CH10] CHAPTER 33
[CH11] CHAPTER 34
[CH12] CHAPTER 35
[CH13] CHAPTER 36
[CH13] CHAPTER 36 - Extension
[CH14] CHAPTER 37
[CH14] CHAPTER 37 - Resolution
[CH15] CHAPTER 38 - 3rd Sequel's Opening
ANNOUNCEMENT & APPRECIATION 2
[CH1] CHAPTER 39
[CH2] CHAPTER 40
[CH3] CHAPTER 41
[CH4] CHAPTER 42
[CH5] CHAPTER 43
[CH6] CHAPTER 44
[CH7] CHAPTER 45
[CH8] CHAPTER 46
[CH9] CHAPTER 47
[CH10] CHAPTER 48
[CH12] CHAPTER 50
[CH13] CHAPTER 51
[CH14] CHAPTER 52
[CH15] CHAPTER 53 - Finale
[CH16] CHAPTER 54 - 4th Sequel's Opening
ANNOUNCEMENT & APPRECIATION 3
[CH1] CHAPTER 55
[CH2] CHAPTER 56
[CH3] CHAPTER 57
[CH4] CHAPTER 58
[CH5] CHAPTER 59
[CH6] CHAPTER 60
ALL TRIBE SERIES
WORLD BUILDING INTRODUCTION

[CH11] CHAPTER 49

10 4 28
By David_NL

<<Lord Lanzors, the imposing ruler of Galehold, was a prodigy of his tribe and a member of the prestigious Lanzors family.
At just thirty years old, he had already ascended to the pinnacle of Galocian power, achieving the highly coveted Pillar realm. He was the only Galocian to have attained this level of power, hence he was responsible for the safety and well-being of his people.
Despite being in his mid-nineties, Lord retained an air of power and vitality, looking much younger than his age. He had already secured the future of his tribe by grooming his successor, his great-granddaughter, Celia Lanzors, to inherit his position as the future ruler of Galehold.>>

Grail's eyes blazed with hatred and anger as he faced Lord, his former mentor and the one who banished him to the Outlands.

<<Grail had once been a prized pupil of Lord's, destined to be his successor as ruler of Galehold. But his dark tendencies proved too great a risk, and Lord was forced to cast him out. Since then, the savage wind had been plotting his revenge, honing his skills, and building his power until he was strong enough to face his former mentor and the entire Symphony of Dawn.>>

Despite harboring resentment toward Lord, Grail was taken aback by the unexpected encounter. He had assumed that the Galehold ruler would be attending the conference meeting in Central Continental City and not present in Galehold.

As if knowing what the savage wind had in his thoughts, Lord replied to him with a sneer.

LORD: "Wondering why I'm not in Central Continental, is it? It's simple! I made my son attend on my behalf. An old man like me has no reason to be involved in such trivials, don't you agree?
"Moreover, do you think that bumping into me within this temple was a mere coincidence? I anticipated your return to the Symphony of Dawn and even orchestrated for backups from the other tribes.
"Soon, you'd be finished, Grail Savage! Your fate had already been sealed the moment you stepped into Galehold City!"

GRAIL: "[Suddenly bursts out dark laughter.] Hehe-hahaha! In that case old man, you've actually saved me the effort of killing you later. You all will die here and none shall escape!
"As for your damned backups, I will be waiting for them once I'm through with you. I'll make sure to as well send them to the very depths of oblivion," Grail responded with murder in his eyes.

LORD: "Humph! You are delusional. How do you intend to take on us all alone? You may have attained the power of a wind master through your perverted means but you should know that I am the acknowledged master of wind. You cannot even hope to trounce me!"

GRAIL: "There will be nothing left of you, once your so-called backup arrives. I may have felt more threatened if you were younger and agile just as then, but right now, I am confident of my triumph, seeing how old and weak you've become!" Grail mocked his ex-mentor.

LORDE: "Hah! Still as arrogant as ever! - however, that arrogance will be your end, Grail Savage!
"Destro Bevulker! Cara Tonia!! Take down this psychopathic maniac!" Lord commanded the two Galocians standing beside him.

<<Cara Tonia, a female Galocian, and Destro Bevulker, a male Galocian were both superhumans at the late stage of the saint realm's hierarchy. Being amongst the remarkable geniuses of Galehold, and exhibiting upright personalities, the two windcallers were entrusted by Lanzors into safeguarding the sacred stone alongside the Galocian monks.>>

Heeding to Lord's command, Cara and Destro immediately sprang into action, charging toward Grail with ferocious intensity, determined to protect the sacred stone at all costs. Meanwhile, Lord deftly removed the floating stone from the pillar, observing Grail's reaction carefully. The sight of Grail's covetous gaze confirmed Lord's suspicion that the former intended to steal the precious artifact.

The two youthful protectors charged forward, their determination palpable as they launched a synchronized assault on Grail, unleashing a pair of vicious wind torrents. But the savage wind, with his unwavering resolve, remained unfazed by their confrontation.

With a stoic expression, he punched through the gale-force winds with nothing but the sheer force of his bare fist, dissipating the onslaught into the ether. Undeterred by this setback, Cara and Destro quickly adjusted their strategy, shifting their focus to a close-quarters melee against their formidable opponent.

In a synchronized display of martial prowess, the two Galocians charged forward, unleashing a flurry of kicks and blows in a desperate attempt to bring down Grail. Despite their coordinated efforts, their attacks proved futile.

With his impeccable reflexes, Grail dodged and parried their attacks, effortlessly countering with his own blows. However, the exchange was not one-sided.

Refusing to be outdone, Grail responded with a masterful counterattack, summoning the devastating power of the 'GALE PALM' wind technique.

In a flash of wind force, he struck Cara and Destro with incredible precision, simultaneously slamming them with a crushing burst of wind energy to their abdomens. The impact of this attack was so powerful that it sent the two Galocian guardians hurtling through the air, their bodies slamming into the walls of the temple corridors with a resounding thud that echoed throughout the ancient halls.

Moments later, Cara and Destro emerged from the rubble of the shattered walls, their movements sluggish and labored, their breaths ragged and blood trickling from their nostrils. But despite their injuries, their eyes burned with a fierce resolve that refused to be quenched by fear or pain.

In an unspoken show of solidarity, the two young Galocians exchanged a glance of mutual understanding, their resolve fortified by the realization that they had faced a formidable opponent in Grail.

Without hesitation, they swiftly launched another attack against their adversary, undaunted by the prospect of facing his terrifying fighting skills once more.

CARA: "Destro! Use that move!" Cara instructed her comrade while focusing on Grail.

A pulsing surge of energy coursed through Destro's body, igniting a fierce tornado of wind that threatened to burst forth from the very walls of the temple. But this was no ordinary wind - as the tempest swirled around him, it was imbued with a dizzying array of razor-sharp daggers that spun in a deadly vortex, glinting menacingly in the dim light.

With an almost supernatural command over the wind elements, Destro unleashed the full force of his power, launching the dagger-laced tornado at Grail with a single fluid motion.

This technique, known as the 'Tele-wind Max,' was a testament to Destro's progressive control over the wind, and it was clear that he had poured every ounce of his strength and skill into this attack.

As Destro's powerful 'Tele-wind Max' technique bore down upon him, Grail calmly focused his energy, summoning a razor-sharp wind blade that sliced through the tempest with ease, effortlessly cleaving it in two.

However, before Grail could recover from his counterattack, Cara suddenly appeared before him with supernatural speed, her movements fluid and graceful as she delivered a powerful kick to his face that sent him flying through the air.

Undeterred by their adversary's incredible resilience, Cara and Destro surged forward in unison, closing in on their descending opponent with fierce determination in their eyes.

With a synchronized battle cry, they launched themselves at Grail, their clenched fists aimed squarely at his face. It was clear that they had no intention of letting up, pouring every ounce of their strength into this final, decisive blow that would determine the outcome of this fierce battle.

But in a sudden twist, Grail disappeared from sight, leaving Cara and Destro momentarily stunned and disoriented. Before they could even begin to comprehend what had happened, their adversary reappeared in a flash of light, materializing directly above them.

With terrifying speed and ferocity, Grail slammed both Galocian prodigies to the ground with bone-jarring force, sending shockwaves rippling through the temple's ancient walls. With a savage grin twisting his features, he seized them by the neck, his fingers closing around their throats like a vice grip.

The two young guardians struggled and gasped for air, their bodies thrashing in a desperate attempt to free themselves from their adversary's deadly grip.

But it was all in vain.

Grail's strength was simply too great, and with a sudden, sickening snap, he twisted both their necks with a brutal efficiency before dropping their bodies motionless on the ground.

As he gazed down at their lifeless forms, a cold, calculating gleam entered his eyes. It was clear that he had not only defeated them but also taken pleasure in their deaths, reveling in the brutal display of his formidable power.

With a callous disregard for the fallen guardians, Grail kicked their lifeless bodies aside, watching as their divine sparks flickered and faded before vanishing into the sacred wind stone in Lord's hand.

Grail focused on his ex-mentor, a triumphant smile spreading across his features.

GRAIL: "old man! I expected you'll intervene on those two behalf. Rather, you expressionlessly watch them die in my able hands! How cold-blooded of you.
"Whatever, your loyal dogs are gone. You are all that is left with no one around to protect you!"

LORD: "Humph! Grail, you seem to have a shortage of memory. Who says that I need protection? I should have known better.
"Cara Tonia and Destro Bevulker both died befitting warriors. Their sacrifices and servitudes shall not be left in the dust. It is for this sole reason that I will grant upon you a bloody lesson that you will never forget even in death!" Lord responded while rolling up his sleeve.

GRAIL: "Stop spouting nonsense, old man! You will do nothing but die at my very hands. Moreover, I shall retrieve the sacred stone from your miserable corpse when all this is over!"

Without warning, Lord retaliated against Grail with a formidable burst of air. However, the savage wind was prepared, countering with an equally impressive gust.

The two overbearing tempests collided with an explosive force, creating a chaotic disturbance within the hallowed Symphony Dome. The impact was so intense that their resulting aftermath razed the entire temple to the ground.

As the walls of the Symphony Dome crumbled, Lord and Grail swiftly conjured their windshields, deflecting the barrage of falling bricks and debris. The temple reduced to rubble, leaving the battlefield exposed.

Witnessing this outcome, Lord resolved to take the fight more seriously. He acknowledged that his opponent was even more formidable than he had anticipated.

Meanwhile, Grail grew increasingly infuriated at Lord's ability to match him in power despite the latter's advanced age. With a clenched fist and a grim expression, he pushed himself to take down the Galehold ruler as quickly as possible, driven by his growing frustration.

With gazes of ferocity, the two Wind Masters assumed their formidable stances, each determined to finally put an end to their long-standing resentments once and for all.

******

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

609 60 36
Most of us long to "Be" but when the path gets too costly, or steep, we take solace in what we "Have." Remove the trappings of what we own, and then...
614 24 25
"Ian." Mother's sweet voice called out to me. "Ian?" She called again. I opened my eyes. I could hear the warming sound of her voice. I knew she wasn...
0 0 6
Gayle is on the hunt. Since her father's death nearly a decade ago, she hasn't been able to put it to rest. Something didn't add up. Secrets were be...
1K 328 12
Monsters Are Created By Other Monsters. Sou & Isabelle, A set of eccentric and unhinged twins with erratic elemental powers has to set aside their di...