πƒπšπ¦πšπ πžπ¬ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 πƒπšπ²οΏ½...

Oleh NirvanaticXo

𝒂 π’Žπ’–π’•π’† π’ƒπ’π’š 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒔 π’‘π’“π’†π’”π’Šπ’…π’†π’π’• π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’. π’π’†π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’ƒπ’π’“π’”, π’„π’π’‚π’”π’”π’Žπ’‚π’•π’†π’”... Lebih Banyak

01 | The Outcast
02 | The New Kid
03 | The Class President
04 | The Guest
05 | The Unwanted Reminder
06 | The Game
07 | The Beginning
08 | The Fire
09 | The Wild Night
10 | The Risk
11 | The Dance
12 | The Pattern
13 | The Problems
14 | The Cycle
15 | The Act
16 | The Lingering Thought
17 | The Damages
18 | The Saviors
19 | The Explanation
20 | The Aftermath
21 | The Blame
22 | The Long Week
23 | The Birthday Gift
24 | The Butterfly Effect
25 | The Calamity
26 | The Mix Up
27 | The Past
28 | The Break
29 | The New Year
30 | The Secret
31 | The Meltdown
32 | The Winter Fest
33 | The Interview
34 | The Cupid's Curse
35 | The Daydreams
36 | The Setup
37 | The Truth
38 | The Bad Trip
40 | The Return
41 | The Change
42 | The Stalkers
43 | The Domino Effect
44 | The Final Nail
45 | The Epilogue
Aesthetics + Playlist
Evangeline | 01

39 | The Storm

218 19 2
Oleh NirvanaticXo

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Monday, March 24th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

The look on Ambrose's face held one of desperation. He was pleading with his eyes to get me to stay.

To say that I was in shock was an understatement. I didn't know what to actually say or explain my feelings.

"E-evangeline," he says again.

"You can speak?" I ask again.

Can we talk? I can explain all of this.

He goes back to communicating with his hands. It seemed that was all he could say so far and lost the courage he had.

"What's going on? What are we doing here, Ambrose? Who was that girl?"

"H-her name is Jezabel. She's my ex-girlfriend," he says.

"Why were you with her, Ambrose?"

The unsettling feeling was beginning to take over my body. I didn't want to know if they had done things or not. Whether he came back here because he wanted revenge or because he missed her.

I came here to be with my friends. To talk to Logan so he can help me figure out my situation. Jezabel was already here when I found him.

"So you two didn't...?"

He cocks his head with confusion and then his eyes widen with realization. He shakes his head. "N-no. No. God no."

I sigh with relief.

"I-I wouldn't d-do t-that," he stammers. His eyes are glossy and he looks at me with pain in his eyes.

"Let's go back home please. We can talk about everything," I suggest.

I don't want to go back there. Those aren't my parents. I can't look at them.

"Ambrose, I understand. But you can't stay here forever. This place isn't good for you."

I watch the people that Ambrose claimed as home take part in things he said he wouldn't want to do again. If I didn't come and chase after him, would he have fallen in the dark place that he fought so hard to get out of?

I don't want to leave yet. I'm staying with Logan.

"Fine. Then I'll stay here with you and we can talk things out," I say.

He nods and reaches for my hands. "I-I'm g-glad you're here," he says quietly.

He was so soft spoken and that's not something that I thought he would be if he were to speak. Now that I'm actually hearing him speak, it sounds like the impossible is now possible.

"Can we get out of here? I'm tired of the looks I'm getting and I don't want to be surrounded by chaotic teenagers." I see people destroying things out onto the backyard. They're all rowdy and violent towards each other.

I can't really believe that Ambrose was like that when he was younger. That he would do this when he would run from his home and look for comfort elsewhere when Sandra would cause his pain.

Ambrose nods and he interlaces his hand with mine. He begins to take us back towards the direction of the party. Tiffany was leaning against a tree while she spoke to the friend that I assumed was Logan.

"Everything good now?" Tiffany asks, glancing at our interlaced hands.

"T-thanks for c-coming w-with her," Ambrose says.

Tiffany's smile falters and her eyes round. "What the fuck? He can talk?"

I couldn't help, but chuckle at her shocked expression. "We have to talk about a lot of things. We're leaving now."

"Trust me, after not hearing my best friend talk for years and now's the day he does you're bound to feel like you don't know who he is anymore," Logan says, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

Ambrose gives him a sad smile and looks at him apologetically.

"This place is nuts. I don't see how you guys can call this a party. It's just a bunch of erratic people grouped together," Tiffany narrows her eyes at the people moshing with each other inside the house.

My eyes find their way to see Jezabel already looking at me. She's sending daggers at me with her eyes once she sees that I'm holding Ambrose's hand.

"You have a lot to explain to me about your ex," I tell Ambrose in a low voice.

He looks over at Jezabel and turns to look at me. She's got nothing on you. I'm sorry for making it look like this was something else.

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Logan's place was a lofted studio apartment in the outskirts of the city.

Ambrose was crashing on his couch for the meantime and extended his invitation to Tiffany and I to stay as well. It was similar to how Ambrose had decorated his room with large band posters, black walls, clothes thrown around, and guitars leaning against each other ready to be played.

"H-have you eaten?" Ambrose asks, as we sit side by side on the couch.

Tiffany and Logan were discussing their differences and why she wouldn't associate herself with people like him. It was entertaining to see them bicker back and forth like siblings. They were total opposites like water and oil.

"Like early in the morning when we were headed here," I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"I'm starving, is there anything good around here," Tiffany announces, looking at Logan.

"There's a pizza shop down the street," Logan says, "I want some pizza."

"Yeah, I guess I can eat something greasy for once," Tiffany says.

"You look like you need to eat," Logan snorts.

"You guys go, I'll stay with Ambrose," I say.

Tiffany looks at me to confirm and I nod. She looks at Logan and rolls her eyes. "Come on rockstar, let's go."

"Rockstar?" Logan mumbles to himself and follows Tiffany right out.

The room settles into an uneasy quietness. It was just the two of us in a stranger's place. This is now how I wanted to start my spring break off, but at least Ambrose was at my side.

"So why did you decide to come here in the first place?" I ask.

He sighs. "I-I needed Logan's help. He s-said t-that he w-would help me w-with anything. S-so I took his w-word."

"Your first instinct was to go to a party?" I ask in disbelief. "The minute I walked in everyone seemed to be drugged up and doing unholy things. You had your arms wrapped around her."

He looks down in shame. He's nervously twitching and avoiding my shameful gaze.

I was hurt. I wanted to forget my pain for a second and I did. I forgot who I was, where I was at, and what was happening around me. Jezabel took my situation for granted by trying to do what she usually does.

"Is that why you blocked me?" I ask, hurt in my tone.

He looks at me confused. "I-I never blocked y-you."

"Tiffany called you and you answered and then hung up after she told you off," I say.

He shakes his head. I never got a phone call. His eyes drawn in realization. "She had my phone," he says quietly.

"Why did she have your phone?"

She said she misplaced hers and wanted to find it. I guess she was blocking you so you wouldn't find a way to communicate with me.

"Did you tell her about us?"

He shakes his head. "Only t-that we were together. N-not the other p-part."

"So she's been stalking you and you stumble upon her and she welcomes you with open arms." I couldn't help, but applaud her for her weak attempts at trying to steal back my boyfriend.

She doesn't know why I'm really here. She's only the past. I swear we didn't do anything. What you saw is the only thing that I mistakenly did. I would never cheat on you.

His eyes are filled with tears as he looks at me with regret. He then surprises me by kneeling in front of me. His hands are placed onto my knees to stabilize himself. Even while he was kneeling, he still reached my height as I remained seated on the couch.

"Ambrose, please get up."

"I w-was so angry with you. W-when I got here, I thought I could d-do something t-to get b-back at you, but I couldn't," he says, "I-I realized I-I'm not that type of p-person. I could n-never."

I was getting mixed feelings about his confession. He was really thinking about doing things to get back at me. I was glad he didn't do it, but if I hadn't come all this way, would he have?

I wanted to cause all sorts of destruction to my body because it didn't feel like mine anymore. When I saw you again, it made me realize that you actually did care and I was wrong for putting that blame on you. You were right, it wasn't something for you to reveal to me.

I put Ambrose's face in between my hands and wiped away the stream of tears that fell down his face. His tears were mixing in with the leftover paint he had on his face and it became a murky mess.

Ambrose still managed to look ethereal even while crying to me. He was beautifully flawed and I loved his imperfections. I admired his honesty. I cherished his feelings.

I pulled him towards me and brought him in for what I thought would be a normal kiss, but he put all of his feelings and passion into it and caught me off guard.

He managed to take over the kiss and dominated me by pushing me down onto the couch and climbing right on top. I didn't even care where we were at this point or what we were going to do next.

All of my worries were blurred by the kiss and the fire that ignited me had taken over my mind like fog.

I was pinned underneath Ambrose and I pulled away from the kiss to catch my breath.

"A-are you okay? S-should I stop?" His hazel eyes stare back at me with concern.

I nod. "I'm okay. I'm good."

I pull him back in for a kiss and slip my hands underneath his shirt. I felt all of his scars that were healed and permanently etched onto his skin. He shivered underneath my touch when I ran one of my hands back onto his chest where I felt his heartbeat steady.

I don't know how it all happened, but his shirt finally came off and I was in the process of taking mine off. He helped me take it off and threw it somewhere in the living room. Our shoes were kicked off and we were down to just our undergarments.

My insecurities and fears were driven away by Ambrose's affections and I finally felt good about myself.

"You're beautiful," he whispers, "I'll be gentle with you."

And I trusted him.

I felt a bit uncomfortable at first and then it faded away as Ambrose continued to go at a steady pace. He looked at me and I knew what the look was so I gave him a go with a nod of my head and then he picked up the pace.

I began to hear the sound of tips and taps against Logan's ceiling window. I hadn't realized that it was raining and it made the experience feel euphoric.

Pleasure was taking over my body and subconsciously began to run my fingernails down Ambrose's back. I hear him hiss by my ear, but he doesn't complain.

"I'm close," I whisper, followed by a muffled moan.

He doesn't say anything back except that he begins to move his hips in a way to dig in further.

My mind goes blank and a feeling I've never felt before takes over my body, not before the same happens to Ambrose. His body softly collapses onto mine and I feel tears prick at the corner of my eyes.

Why was I crying?

Ambrose looks up at me and his soft smile falters and looks at me with concern. "W-why are you crying? D-did I hurt you?"

I shake my head. "I just never thought that I could enjoy doing things like that after what happened."

"I'll reverse all of your pain," he says.

That I knew he would.

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

An hour later, Ambrose and I were able to shower and dress up as we waited for Tiffany and Logan to show back up.

They came inside carrying multiple boxes.

"Sorry we took long," Logan apologizes, "but Tiffany insisted that we gave you guys time to talk and fuck if you needed to."

I choke on my drink and Ambrose glares at Logan.

Tiffany chews on her pizza happily and gives us a knowing look. "See I was right. They did fuck."

"No, we didn't," I lied through my teeth.

"You both have hickies on your neck and your clothes are different," Tiffany says, running her eyes up and down our figures.

I reach up to my neck and sure enough I feel a sore spot. When did that happen?

"So was he good or average?" Tiffany asks.

"Well?" Logan questions joining Tiffany's side.

Ambrose flips him off and ignores him by eating his slice of pizza.

For the rest of the night, we ate and talked about all sorts of things. We watched all kinds of movies and at the end once it got close to 3 a.m., we finally went to sleep. I felt peace at once when I laid in Ambrose's hands, knowing that our souls were tied together and it felt like we were closer than ever.

I was hoping that Ambrose had felt the same. I heard all sorts of stories of when couples have sex for the first time. Tiffany had said once before that it's usually girls that get attached quickly while guys don't even feel a difference.

That was the only thing that installed fear inside of me, but knowing how Ambrose was and how he let me into his life, it would be different for us.

The beginning was over now it was time for the hard part. We would have to face Ambrose's parents and find out who he really is and where his real family is at.

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Tuesday, March 25th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Logan wanted to take us out onto the city and show us how both him and Ambrose grew up and what activities they took on, while Ambrose promised that he would show me his old house and what his past consisted of.

"And this is our hangout spot. Or was," Logan corrects himself. He parks the car in front of a normal looking house.

The street was semi empty and it only seemed that way due to most of the houses being abandoned or foreclosed.

"If we get shot here I swear to god," Tiffanys grumbles under breath.

"You came here all the time?" I question Ambrose who only nods at me.

We make our way towards the house with chipped painting on the door and a single broken window pane. I could hear music playing inside and a couple of voices talking.

Logan walks in without knocking and I could hear the people inside greet him. Tiffany walks in behind him without a second thought and I look at Ambrose who only nods for me to follow him. He grabs my hand and pulls me inside the mysterious house.

There's four people sitting in the living room surrounding a coffee table. It smells like mildew and weed in here, and it's awfully dim.

It seems like these were the people from the party and one of them happened to be Jezabel.

"Ambrose, surprised to see that you're here," she says, a smirk on her face. Her eyes avert to my figure and I could tell that she's judging.

"Well sit down guys, we're just waking and baking," one of the guys says. His face still had remaining face paint of a faded skull design.

Logan takes the joint that is handed to him and inhales the smoke a few takes. He then passes it to Tiffany who gladly takes it.

"Come on Ambrose, you have to smoke now too," Jezabel says, causing the others to agree with her. "We missed you having here. The parties haven't been the same."

Ambrose shakes his head and stays glued at my side as we awkwardly stand by a wall with holes in it.

I wondered whose house it was and why it had been taken over by teenagers. It seems that all this city has to offer is just booze and parties.

"Sit down guys, we won't bite," Jezabel says with a chuckle. The others join her and tell us to sit down.

Not wanting to have eyes on me for any longer, I sit down next to Tiffany and Ambrose follows my lead by staying at my side.

"Actually Ambrose, do you mind helping me get some beer from the garage's fridge? The door always locks automatically and I need help."

Ambrose looks at me with a questioning look. "It's fine go ahead," I say.

Jezabel gets up and waits for Ambrose to join her side. I watch them both head down the hall and turn right where the door would lead to the garage.

"So where are you both from?" The skull guy asks, shifting his gaze between Tiffany and I.

"Hollow Grove. It's a pretty big town in California," Tiffany answers, "You probably wouldn't like it since you wouldn't fit in."

"Who says we want to fit in?" Skull guy asks.

"So you guys come from money, huh?" A girl with purple hair asks with a grin on her face. "Spare me some change?"

Tiffany snorts. "As if. You'd probably waste it on drugs or something."

The group engages into a conversation about what they would buy if they had the kind of money that we did. At first it made me a tad uncomfortable, but then I understood where they came from.

Most of them ran from home, others came from broken families that struggled with mental health and financially. It was obvious that Ambrose would hang with these people because he felt comfortable knowing that they shared something alike.

I was glad that Ambrose came into my life at the time that he did. If it wasn't for him, I don't think I would be standing here today.

I hear Jezabel laughing as her and Ambrose appear from the corner carrying beer in their hands. I felt relief at the sight of him. He joins my side once again after he sets the bottles down in the middle of the coffee table. Only his friends reach for one.

"Tell us Ambrose, what has it been like living in California?" A guy wearing a beanie asks this time.

They all look at him and Jezabel laughs at the question. "Are you forgetting that he's mute, you idiot?"

"I can speak," Ambrose says.

Everyone goes silent and stares at Ambrose with the same shocked expression that Tiffany and I wore when we only heard him just yesterday.

"Bro," the skull guy mutters.

Jezabel stares at Ambrose with an indescribable look. I couldn't tell if she was angry or just confused. "How is that even possible? You never spoke when we were together."

"E-evangeline helped me. She broke my silence."

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ─────── 

A/N: About 6 chapters remain for this book.

 I finally planned the ending to this book and I feel pretty content with where the book is going.

I want to thank you all for 4.3k+ reads. The reads are growing rapidly and I appreciate everyone's support. 

I was a bit hesitant to write sexual content for this chapter, but I decided to ease my way in slowly (No pun intended) but let me know if this is what you guys like or want to see more 😏 I'm just testing the waters for now even though this is my book and I'm going to write it how I want to LOL

As always thank you for reading and waiting patiently :) vote, comment, and share if you enjoyed the lastest chapter and I will see you guys soon <3

- N ♡

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

92.6K 2.8K 95
~MALE POV~ Amaya Brooks. She's got to be the prettiest girl ever. She always looks so beautiful. She's always got this bright, carefree smile on her...
1.2M 40.2K 65
"What if your not so one nightstand turns out to be your new boss ?" ❀ STARTED : 9th DECEMBER 2020 FINISHED: 14th FEBRUARY...
34.1K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
1.3M 29.1K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...