No one left (UA civil war/Vig...

By lazycatqueen

What if when Izuku was a kid something huge happened. Something that seemed to pass by quickly to others but... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
A/N
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73

Chapter 55

201 9 0
By lazycatqueen

Someone's POV idrk

Shoto stares at his classmate who was standing across from him. Their earlier meeting and the other's parting words rang in his ears. "Where did you get the confidence that you could beat me?" Nijima had spat those words in spite, his eyes swimming with hatred before he had left the corridor. 

Shoto had stood there in silence for a moment contemplating what his classmate had said. As far as he knew and even if he didn't want to say it straight to Aoi's face, Nijima was basically fighting quirkless. There was almost no way he could beat Shoto who would have an ice quirk.

So why was it such a terrifying sight to see Nijima Aoi stand across from him with such dark eyes?

Shoto breathed in deep, he would win and he would become number 1 without using his left side.

Izuku's POV

He was standing still, predatory stillness and focus settling over his face. His eyes slowly lost their light in them and turned into dark pools of inky darkness. His natural look, Class 1A blinked in suprise at the sudden change in that cheery boy that had strange mood swings but he never looked dead like that.

The moment Midnight started the countdown the two of them prepared to start fighting. Shoto sank down, lowering his center of gravity while Izuku still stood lazily around.

"3.

2.

1!

Fight!" Midnight called and Shoto started by shooting small little slides out from his hands that rushed towards Izuku with startling speed, and once they got close to the white haired boy, they rammed out of the grown to a full wall sized height with amazing ferocity.  

Izuku stared at the walls hurtling towards him with complete disinterest. Shoto was merely testing his abilities. He relaxed his muscles and with feline smoothness he proceeded to dodge the walls. Shoto immediately sent another larger wall that Izuku had to roll out of the way to dodge.

"Quirks are physical abilities." Izuku states simply in the silence that was following the crackling of Shoto's ice wall rush.

Everyone held their breaths in a baited manner.

"So eventually you're going to run out of ice and use your fire side." Izuku says smiling.

"Why are you so intent on me using my fire side? Didn't I tell you that I wouldn't indulge in something like that?" Shoto asks, anger coating his face.

Izuku remembers a conversation he had with a certain someone earlier.

Endeavor had finally caught Izuku alone as he wanted to talk with the boy. Endeavor had started off by complimenting his fighting. But eventually it led to Endeavor saying that "his" Shoto would pass All Might, like that had to do with Izuku and how he hoped Izuku would put up a good fight against Shoto... basically using him as an effective training bot. 

So Izuku just decided to slap the old man's face with some common sense. He basically went "guess what bitch... HAHAHA you think Shoto's you? Well think twice. Cause he's not." But he said it in more of a polite tone.

So to spite who-knows-who, Izuku would make Shoto use his fire quirk. He would wear Shoto down so much that he would be forced to use his left side. He would make Shoto see that he wasn't Endeavor. 

Shoto kept shooting ice walls that were getting slightly harder to dodge since Shoto wasn't stupid and learning. Izuku could see as Shoto was reaching his physical burnout with his ice quirk as he was slowly freezing over. 

With a final push, Shoto threw a wall of ice that covered the entire arena leaving no space to dodge.

Most thought with a satisfied nod that the match was over. Afterall how would a quirkless kid like (Nijima Aoi) Izuku be able to dodge that? 

But Izuku wasn't done. Earlier he had asked Midnight if he could use some of the weapons that the support course made for him. So sliding free a couple long sword like weapons from his sleeves, Izuku stood relaxed as the wall of ice hurtled towards him.

With a clean, X-like slash, he carved out a little space for him to walk through.

Shoto just stared wide eyed as his opponent emerged from the wall of ice and in a laid back manner, proceeded to brush off some invisible pieces of lint from his sweater.

Izuku was looking spotless if he said so himself. He was quite clean. Cool. Shoto was exhausted from the looks of it. He was panting from the cold that was slowly covering his right side and his body was kinda drooping.

"Are you done yet?" Izuku asks midly. "You look like you've reached all you can do without your left side."

Shoto gritted his teeth and started a small fire in his left hand.

"Oh? Are you going to attack me with that?" Izuku asks his eyebrows quirking in interest.

But Shoto didn't attack and neither did Izuku, Shoto merely melted his right side.

"FINISH HIM OFF!" Most of the crowd was shouting but that was just background noise to the two of them.

Shoto had returned to his previous state and he started to send wall after wall of ice towards Izuku. Unlike before where he was testing Izuku's abilities, Shoto was now very serious. The walls were perfectly arena sized causing Izuku to have to cut through ever single one.  The walls continued to come at an increased pace. 

Izuku wasn't too affected. He just meticulously started cutting his way towards Shoto. He made it seem seamless as he moved towards his classmate. Within moments, he had somehow managed to get behind Shoto. 

Shoto who had no practice with using both of his quirks at the same time, had started freezing over again. Izuku watched with interest as Shoto continued to freeze over as he unsuspectingly sent more ice walls to where Izuku had been standing. After a while Shoto had to hunch over from the cold.

Izuku finally steps in and taps his opponents shoulder from behind and Shoto tries to turn but he's rooted in place with ice.

His glare directed at Izuku was as frosty as his ice. Shoto was still trying to gather his ice to strike against Izuku. He couldn't move so he could only huff in frustration.

"You've reached your limits for your ice. So why don't you use your fire?" Izuku says smirking.

"I could just warm myself back to normal with my fire." Shoto snarls.

Izuku shrugs, "You could. But do you think I would let you? I thought you wanted to be number 1. But in order to be on your way to number 1 you would have to win this tournament to create a name for yourself."

"I want to be number 1 without using my father's quirk!" Shoto shouts, "What do you not understand about that?!"

"Oh I don't know. A lot of things. But who am I to say ask my questions?" Izuku says. "It's your trauma not mine. But I do know one thing-"

Shoto had slowly been smoldering under his ice as Izuku had suspected and he once again started to shoot Ice walls at Izuku. There was also a layer of ice coating the ground making it hard for an inexperienced fighter to move about on. 

Luckily (unluckily?) Izuku had been trained quite well by XXX. So he knew how to move.

"Let me explain your situation." Izuku says calmly as he continued to slam down the walls of ice. The swords he was wielding were starting to get a little cold to the touch. "From an outsiders persepctive here's what I understand. Your father, Endeavor, wanted to be number 1. But once he realized he couldn't, he wanted his kids to be number 1. 

So he had a quirk marriage with your mother and tried to create the perfect child which happened to be you. Your mother couldn't take the strain, stress, all of it as she saw too much of him in you. So she threw probably a boiling pot of water onto your left eye.

She was sent away to a mental asylum probably and you realized your father was behind all of this. You also realized that maybe you did indeed take too much after your father. And your father had a fire quirk so you connected the two and thought that if you used your fire quirk you would become 1. what your mother hated and 2. someone like your father."

Everyone was silent as they watched the fight unravel below. Izuku was tiring too but Shoto was again taking a long break. Izuku was finally done waiting for something to happen and after scrambling atop the last ice wall, he sprinted at Shoto who was trying to re-heat himself. With a passing slide, Izuku sheathed this weapons and punched Izuku in the stomach. 

With the force from Izuku's fist which was still implanted in Shoto's stomach and the ice coated floor, Shoto was sent sliding towards the boundary line of the arena. 

Shoto's POV I think

He was sent sliding back by Nijima Aoi and without thinking, Shoto used his left side. He shot his hands back and thawed the ice so that he would stop sliding.

"BUT THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR THINKING!" Aoi shouted, "WAS THAT YOU THOUGHT USING YOUR QUIRK MEANT YOU WERE YOUR FATHER. BUT GUESS WHAT?! NEWS FLASH. IT'S YOUR QUIRK TODOROKI! YOU'RE NOT YOUR FATHER AND HE'S NOT YOU! IT'S YOUR QUIRK TODORKI!"

Shoto who had been pushed to the physical limitations of his body could barely understand what his opponent was saying but Nijima's words pierced the thick fog of his head and lodged it self in a little corner and wouldn't move. It was whispering to Shoto that Nijima was speaking the truth. 

So Shoto who was tired beyond belief started attacking on instinct.

Izuku's POV

He smiles triumphantly as Shoto started blindly shooting fire from the corner of the arena where he was standing. Izuku could dodge the first hit and as he slipped on the ice a little, Izuku's vision shifted to someone in the crowd that appeared. He was quite far away but Izuku could clearly see the pale blue-ish hair and the cracked (crusty) lips of Shigaraki Tomura.

Izuku stopped in shock. He just stopped and stared, he was still staring when Shoto's fireball hit him square in the chest and launched him out of the ring before crashing into the build up of ice walls that were behind him. 

Izuku continued staring at Shigaraki who was smirking, and he still stared as his vision slowly clouded over with red.

Everyone else's POV

It was a shock that Nijima Aoi had lost. Everyone in Class 1A, actually everyone in the audience thought he would win, but that boy who had been moving with feline smoothness had stopped mvoing and shock had flashed across his face stark against the predatory stillness that had settled over his features once the match had started.

He had slammed into the ice wall with a sickening thunk and his head started bleeding.

Midnight who had been shouting the whole match along with President Mic (they were just ignored by Izuku and Shoto) declared the win to Shoto Todoroki.

Everyone was shocked. What had happened?

~~~~~

(1851 Words)

sorry for not updating last week, i was tired and stressed so here's like an extra long chapter for you all <3

comments?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

726K 27.6K 43
Everyone said he was untamable and not human like! His mother couldn't handle the pressure of a son that had such a unique quirk and gave him up. No...
22.3K 809 12
"Do you think.... That I could be a hero too? Even... without a quirk?" "Without a quirk? Not happening, kid." All his life Izuku Midoriya...
982 38 7
Izuku Midoriya was quirkless even though he wants to become a hero, and a certain sage decided to help his far descendant with that. I don't own the...
105K 2.2K 22
Izuku Midoriya has never felt more confused. Being a villain has taught him to never get attached to anyone, because they'll either end up betrayi...