No one left (UA civil war/Vig...

By lazycatqueen

What if when Izuku was a kid something huge happened. Something that seemed to pass by quickly to others but... More

Author's Note
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
A/N
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73

Chapter 1

1.8K 36 26
By lazycatqueen

Izuku's POV

Rules.

rUlEs

RULES

RULES!

Rules. That's what defines this world.

Everything followed rules. He understood that, from a young age. No hard feelings there. After all, he was defined by his own rules.

He just - he just wished that other people wouldn't define him by their own rules.

Rules were his pair of shackles for him. Something he could never break free from.

No matter how hard he tried. No matter how hard he cried. No matter what he did. They were always there. A gleaming pair of words and opinions surrounding his wrists. Holding him down. Holding him back.

His rules were enough. He thought. Enough for him.

Don't do this. Don't do that.

Don't watch your mother cry at your father's funeral. It's better to look away. Don't look at people's faces as they say their goodbyes. TUNE OUT THEIR EMPTY WORDS.

Don't remember that night he died. Don't remember watching your mother waking up from her deep sleep as a villain escapes out their bedroom window. Don't watch her choke on her own screams and his blood as she awakens. Don't watch as the police arrive. Don't. DON'T. Close your eyes, close your ears. Don't.

Don't hate the world, hate leads to more misfortune.

No those weren't rules. The rules came later. Those don't(s) came from his personal experience.

~Flashback~

"Mommy!" The poor green-haired boy shouted trying to get his mother to listen to him. "MOMMY! I'm so excited. What quirk do you think I'll get?! I- I'll use it to save people! Just like All Might!"

His mother's blank face scared him and he shouted again. With a flinch she looked at him and smiled fondly. Her eyes leak tears as she reaches down and grabs his hands in hers. They were in the waiting room at the doctor's. She was yet to get over her husband's death. She would be strong again. For him and her son. She owed it to them after all. Her face hardened with resolve. She would protect her baby. 

"Oh Izu." She whispers fondly. "I'll be happy with whatever you get."

The little boy laughs and with a sigh, his mother lets go of his hands and thinks. At least something is going in the right direction for us.

"Inko Midoriya and Izuku Midoriya?" A nurse calls.

They stand up and she smiles kindly down at the green-haired boy. "Are you ready?"

He nodded vigorously and she smiles again, "We'll then follow me."

They followed her into the doctor's room. Inko watches as the doctor examines Izuku. His facial expression twitches and she braces herself for her son's results.

"I-" He starts and clears his throat before turning to Inko. "I'm sorry your son doesn't have a quirk."

Inko's heart dropped in her chest. Her son didn't have a quirk? But-!

But his dream of becoming a hero?!

Izuku was still smiling and humming.

Inko takes a deep breath. "I understand. Is there anything we can -"

"No." The doctor says.

"But me and my late husband both had a quirk so -"

"No." The doctor says again. "I'm sorry your son is quirkless and there are no signs of him getting a quirk ever. Now please exit this room as quickly as you can, I have more important patients waiting."

His voice was edgy and he kept fidgeting every time he looked at Izuku. Inko glares at the doctor before standing up and staring down at the doctor.

Izuku bounced up in his chair as he stood up.

"So what quirk did I get?!" He asks, his brain wasn't really there. 

He was too busy daydreaming about being a hero with his awesome quirk that he didn't pay attention. 

Inko crouches down in front of her son and looks him in the eye before swallowing hard, with a pained voice she says. "I- I'm sorry Izuku. You don't have a quirk."

"But what about my dream? Of becoming a hero?"

"Give up on it." The doctor says turning around in his chair to face his computer. "You'll die."

Inko swallows her anger and refrains herself from hitting the man.

With a deep breath she tells him, "Just you wait. He'll show you, my son will become the greatest hero ever."

The doctor barks a sharp laugh and stands up. He's shorter than Inko but it feels like they're leagues apart. He points to the door.

"Good luck on that."

~~~~~~

Just outside of the room and after hearing the door click shut behind her, Inko squats down and looks at her stunned son in the eye.

"Izu." She says softly. "Izu look at me."

He looks at her and she smiles, "Izu you don't need power to be a hero. You're already my hero, I believe that you can be everyone's hero too."

He smiles softly and she holds her tears back as she says, "Izu don't ever give up on your dream. You have to believe that anything is attainable as long as you want to attain it."

He nods seriously and Inko stands back up. The nurse from earlier was standing there the entire time and Inko blushes, worried that she had overheard everything.

"I'm sorry-" They both say at the same time.

Inko looks at her and the nurse says. "I- I overheard everything; that your son is quirkless."

Inko gives her the "so-what?" eye and the nurse gulps. "I just wanted to come and say that -"

"That what?"

"That he could still be a hero..."

Inko stands there stunned. "How- how did you know?"

The nurse flushes again. "The entire time you were waiting your son was saying how excited he was to get his quirk and be the best hero. Like All Might."

"I-" Inko starts but Izuku darts from her side, letting go of her hand and hugs the nurse.

The nurse smiles softly and whispers. "I've always wanted kids." 

The lady kindly leads them back to the entrance.

~~~~~~~

Just as Inko and Izuku were about to enter the car, Inko remembers that she left her phone in the doctor's office.

"Izuku stay here." She orders as he get's in the car. 

She locks the car to be safe and without waiting for her son's reply, she sprints back in to get her phone.

As she rushes through the automatic door she tries hard to remember the way to the office. After a couple of wrong turns and a couple of suspicious glances from the staff, she finally makes it to the doctor's office and without knocking (because he deserves that :') she opens the door.

Inko enters the room just as she sees a villain with a long bludgeon swinging right at her head.

The doctor was already dead, slumped against the wall. There was blood red blood splattered everywhere.

Her eyes widen as she takes in the masked villain as she sees the weapon zoom towards her forehead.~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~V~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(1100 words, ish i lost count lol)

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. HOW WAS ITTTTTT IDK.

COMMENTS?

THINGS YOU DIDN'T LIKE?!

How r u doing?

lmao

Author-chan is done ranting about being happy that she was able to publish one chapter. Successfully.

Author-chan is trying to plan ahead so she doesn't give up halfway through.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 8.8K 19
After realizing that Izuku couldn't be a hero he still never gave up. Not until he was told he couldn't be one from his all time favorite hero, All m...
603K 20.7K 55
Izuku Midoriya had everything a 4-year-old child could wish for. He had a family, a home and a quirk that was like no other. Thanks to a tragic and v...
26.7K 878 37
Hi, I'm new at this! The image above is drawn by moi. However Boku no hero academia BNHA belong to Kōhei Horikoshi. This is my first time writing a f...
66.3K 2.9K 19
Quirkless doesn't mean useless but because of how quirkless kids are being treated they often end up dead.. Izuku Midoriya is a kid that was born qui...