Animosity | Harry Potter Stor...

By notdaisyloll

ANIMOSITY | "i never met my father, is that okay?" Rosalyn Black lives in a world of magic, her father died b... More

ANIMOSITY
i. harry potter
ii. sorting hat
iii. remembrall
iv. three headed dog
v. troll in the dungeon
vi. seeker's snitch
vii. dragon's and snakes
viii. unicorn blood
ix. you-know-who
x. chessboard & flying keys
xi. gryffindor wins house cup
ACT TWO
xii. wiseacre's wizarding
xiii. cornish pixies
xiv. watch your back
xv. slytherin heir
xvi. moaning myrtle
xvii. parselmouth
xviii. polyjuice potion
xix. petrified hermione
xx. follow the spiders
xxi. lockhart the fraud
ACT THREE
xxii. sirius black
xxiii. the grim
xxiv. buckbeak
xxv. family of murderers
xxvi. term werewolf
xxvii. girls + ron
xxviii. crystal ball
xxix. hidden secrets
xxx. moons & befrayal
xxxi. timeless
xxxii. raisin brain
ACT FOUR
xxxiii. quidditch world cup
xxxiv. krum the man
xxxv. triwizard tournament
xxxvi. spider curse

xxxvii. harry's name in the goblet

139 2 0
By notdaisyloll

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter thirty seven
➾ harry's name in the goblet

ROSALYN SAT CLOSLY TO HER FRIENDS in the Great Hall on a Thursday afternoon, the Great Hall was obviously crowded with people who were just as excited as everyone else, the Goblet of Fire stood in the center of the hall, and Dumbledore approached the Goblet.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion selection." Dumbledore's his hand stretched out and the lanterns of the Great Hall became dull, leaving nothing but the Goblet of fire to light up the room. The headmaster circled around the goblet, slowly the blue shade mixed into a peachy pink and a single piece of paper jumped out.

Dumbledore snatched the air, taking the piece of paper in his hands. "The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum!" Rosalyn glazed around the Great Hall as everyone jumped in cheer for the first member of the game. Viktor then made his way out the Great Hall.

A second piece of paper flew out from the Goblet of Fire and into Dumbledore's hand. "The champion for Beauxbatons... is Fleur Delacour." The beautiful woman of Beauxbatons cheered for their friend, applauding above everyone else.

The final piece of paper flew out from the Goblet, Rosalyn wonder which unlucky student would be chosen. "The hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory!" The Hufflepuff table roared in excitement for their seeker player. Rosalyn inhaled a sigh of worry while she looked around the Great Hall before making straight eye contact with Cedric as he exited out the Great Hall.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore announced. "We now have our three champions. But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory—the Triwizard Cup!" Dumbledore spun right around, pointing at the glistening Triwizard cup as it was revealed.

Rosalyn furrowed, staring oddly at the mist of the Goblet glowing brighter than ever, Dumbledore stepped up blocking the light of the Goblet with his arm and a single piece of paper shot out from the Goblet, Dumbledore couldn't believe what he was seeing, the name running around his mind.

"Harry Potter." He muttered, Rosalyn looked at Harry who seemed shocked as her, listening to the whispers as they grew louder. "Harry Potter." Every single person in the room turned back to the boy, Hagrid shook his head mumbling beneath his breath. "Harry Potter!"

"Go on, Harry." Hermione whispered shoving him lightly. "Harry, for goodness sake." She forced herself to pick him up from the bench, Harry slowly rose from his seat, walking down to meet Dumbledore whilst ignoring every single person glaring at him.

Dumbledore stared down at the boy, thrusting the slightly burnt paper with Harry's name on it into his hands. Harry didn't understand the look he was getting from the headmaster, he didn't know how his name made it into the Goblet, he made his way down the between the two house tables while he clings into the small piece of paper.

"He a cheat!"

"He's not even seventeen yet!"

Rosalyn rolled her eyes at the nonsense around her while she watched closely when Harry walked up and passed all the Professor's warily looks and out the Great Hall.

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

It was late at night when Roselyn found Harry in the common room, alone. He had been alone since the announcement of him joining the games. Ron took it the hardest out of the three of them, he was jealous that the great Harry Potter was the first youngest member to play in the games.

Harry snapped his head to the sound of the door closely, Rosalyn pressed her lips together approaching him with a gentle sigh. "You should know— that... that I know you didn't put your name in the Goblet." Harry eyes rounded at her confesión and then he smiled for the first time since his life was sentenced into the games.

Rosalyn awkwardly met his soft gaze, Harry nodded slowly. "Thank you, Rose, it feels good knowing that someone has my back and does actually believe me." Rosalyn smiled softly as she watched his gaze shifter down to the Daily Prophet in her hands. "What that?"

"Nothing, absolutely nothing, more like trash." Rosalyn says with a scoff, placing the Daily Prophet down on the table hoping he will choose to ignore it, but Harry wasn't like that as he snatch the Daily Prophet from the table and stood up. "Harry Potter, age 12 suspect entrant in the Triwizard Tournament, his eyes swimming with the ghost of his past—"

Harry grumbled, balling up the Daily Prophet in his hands and threw it harshly into the fire. Rosalyn hummed. "Told you it was trash." She mumbled when Harry turned to walk away, but the sound of someone calling out to him made them turn to the fireplace.

Harry looked up at Rosalyn and together they approached the fireplace and kneeled down. "Sirius!" Harry exclaimed with a shocking expression. "I don't have much time, so let me get straight to it. Did you or did you not put your name into the Goblet of Fire?"

"No!" Harry spat quickly, Sirius promptly shushed him, Rosalyn looked back her shoulder then back to Sirius. "I had to ask. Now, tell me about this dream of yours. You mentioned Wormtail and Voldemort. But who was the third man in the room?"

Rosalyn sat back on her heels, fiddling with the long sleeve of her cardigan, she had no idea what Sirius meant by Harry's dream with Wormtail and Voldemort. "I don't know." Harry admits.

"You didn't hear a name?" Harry stared off to the side and shook his head, not recalling hearing a name. "No, uh... Voldemort was giving him a job to do. Something important."

"And what was that?" Rosalyn found herself asking him, Harry looked into her brown eyes and smiled briefly before he snapped out of his gaze, she furrowed looking back down to Sirius.

"He wanted..." Harry trailed off, scared of the meaning of what Voldemort wanted. "—Me." Harry uttered uneasy. "I don't know why, but he was going to use this man to get to me, But, I mean, it was only a dream, right?"

Harry looked between the two family members, hoping to get some sort of reaction from them. Rosalyn immediately nodding not knowing it was a simple dream or not. "Yes." Sirius spoke calmly and quietly. "It's just a dream. Look, Harry. The death eaters at the World Cup, your name rising from the goblet. These are not just coincidences Hogwarts isn't safe anymore."

Harry paused shaking holding his hands together. "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying the devils are inside the walls, Igor Karlaroff? He was a death eater." Sirius explained harshly. "And no one, no one stops being a death eater. Then there's Barty Crouch. Heart of stone. Sent his own son to Azkaban."

Rosalyn looked back at the sound of a door opening, someone must have woken up. Harry leaned closer to the fireplace but not enough to feel the heat. "Do you think one of them put my name in the goblet?"

"I haven't a clue who put your name in that goblet, Harry, but whoever did is no friend to you." Sirius said which made Rosalyn rethink about the people who came into Hogwarts and were greeted with open arms. "People die in this tournament."

"I'm not ready for this, Sirius." Harry whispered shaking his head. Rosalyn looked at him, noticing the shakiness in his voice when he spoke, he was genuinely scared for his life. "You don't have a choice." Sirius tells him.

The footsteps behind them grew louder as them came closer to where they sat. "Someone's coming." Rosalyn whispered to the man in the fireplace. "Keep your friends close, Harry." Sirius's final words came through and Rosalyn and Harry stood up just as Ronald Weasley walked down.

"Who you talking to?"

Harry walked around the couch and glanced back at Rosalyn, he stopped and started at the tall redhead. "What? I was talking to Rose, who else would I be talking to?"

Ron looked between them. "I heard voices, multiple." Rosalyn shrugged cocking her head. "We were just talking, Ronald, hence to the multiple voices you heard." Ron scoffed at her words and turned back around, heading upstairs.

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

Rosalyn followed Hermione, Ginny and Ron to the forest where the muggle witch had planned to have Harry and Ron on the same page. "Look, it's already been through enough people. Why don't you talk to him yourself?" Hermione exhaled as they came closer.

Harry squints and closed the book shut before he stood up. Hermione looked back to the older head head. "Ron, this is your problem, not mine." What do you want me to say again?"

Ron leaned down and whispered and never once did he look away from Harry. "Go." Hermione exhaled approaching Harry. "Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid's looking for you."

"Is that right?" Harry questioned looking between Hermione and Ron. "Well— what?" He furrowed confused by what he just heard. Hermione winched. "Uh... um—" she quickly ran back to Ron. "Are you sure you won't do this?" She asked him quietly.

"Do it." Ron mumbled, Hermione brushed her hair back behind her ear and she walked back to Harry. "Dean was... told by Parvati that— Please don't ask me to say it again." Hermione exclaimed. "Hagrid's looking for you."

Hermione exhaled and walked away. "Well, you can tell Ronald—" Hermione spun around interrupting whatever he was going to say. "I'm not an owl!"

Rosalyn felt as she was standing on a thin rope, and at the end of each rope was Harry and Ron, she hated whenever they fought. Hermione grumbled turning back to lead Rosalyn and Ginny out the forest.

𖤐

I can't even make up an excuse for not writing, I honestly haven't been on this app lately and schools been kicking my ass

Happy Holidays 🫶🏼🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 5.4K 65
The Potter twins had never had great luck. After the war, just when they thought they were finally getting a well-deserved break, they were transport...
42.1K 1.2K 13
A group of children, survivors of the second wizard war, victims of losing families, and no strangers to death and mourning are given a chance to pre...
90.1K 2.2K 26
What do you know about the Molfoys? Well I know quite a bit, I was a Malfoy. They are pure bloods, rich, mean and that's not me, I'm Rosanna Black, b...
2.5K 47 14
Imagine finding out that your father is a serial killer and that you've been in the wrong world since you were born. Living a muggle-life while havin...