xxxvii. harry's name in the goblet

✩☆★✩☆★✩↯ chapter thirty seven➾ harry's name in the goblet

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter thirty seven
➾ harry's name in the goblet

ROSALYN SAT CLOSLY TO HER FRIENDS in the Great Hall on a Thursday afternoon, the Great Hall was obviously crowded with people who were just as excited as everyone else, the Goblet of Fire stood in the center of the hall, and Dumbledore approached the Goblet.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion selection." Dumbledore's his hand stretched out and the lanterns of the Great Hall became dull, leaving nothing but the Goblet of fire to light up the room. The headmaster circled around the goblet, slowly the blue shade mixed into a peachy pink and a single piece of paper jumped out.

Dumbledore snatched the air, taking the piece of paper in his hands. "The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum!" Rosalyn glazed around the Great Hall as everyone jumped in cheer for the first member of the game. Viktor then made his way out the Great Hall.

A second piece of paper flew out from the Goblet of Fire and into Dumbledore's hand. "The champion for Beauxbatons... is Fleur Delacour." The beautiful woman of Beauxbatons cheered for their friend, applauding above everyone else.

The final piece of paper flew out from the Goblet, Rosalyn wonder which unlucky student would be chosen. "The hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory!" The Hufflepuff table roared in excitement for their seeker player. Rosalyn inhaled a sigh of worry while she looked around the Great Hall before making straight eye contact with Cedric as he exited out the Great Hall.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore announced. "We now have our three champions. But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory—the Triwizard Cup!" Dumbledore spun right around, pointing at the glistening Triwizard cup as it was revealed.

Rosalyn furrowed, staring oddly at the mist of the Goblet glowing brighter than ever, Dumbledore stepped up blocking the light of the Goblet with his arm and a single piece of paper shot out from the Goblet, Dumbledore couldn't believe what he was seeing, the name running around his mind.

"Harry Potter." He muttered, Rosalyn looked at Harry who seemed shocked as her, listening to the whispers as they grew louder. "Harry Potter." Every single person in the room turned back to the boy, Hagrid shook his head mumbling beneath his breath. "Harry Potter!"

"Go on, Harry." Hermione whispered shoving him lightly. "Harry, for goodness sake." She forced herself to pick him up from the bench, Harry slowly rose from his seat, walking down to meet Dumbledore whilst ignoring every single person glaring at him.

Dumbledore stared down at the boy, thrusting the slightly burnt paper with Harry's name on it into his hands. Harry didn't understand the look he was getting from the headmaster, he didn't know how his name made it into the Goblet, he made his way down the between the two house tables while he clings into the small piece of paper.