xxiii. the grim

✩☆★✩☆★✩↯ chapter twenty three➾ the grim

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter twenty three
➾ the grim

ROSALYN CLAPPED HER HANDS AT the end of the song, the children walked back down the front heading back to their designed houses. Dumbledore stepped up to the podium. "Welcome, welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now, I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast."

"First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of defense against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, professor." Rosalyn peered out at the man from the train, he stood up, bowing at the applauding.

"Of course— that's why he knew to give you the chocolate, Harry." Hermione said, leaning forward for Harry to hear her through the clapping.

"Potter, potter!" Draco whispered shouted, causing Ron and Harry to turned back. "Is it true you fainted? I mean, you actually fainted?" He teased him. Rosalyn rolled her eyes.

"Shoved off, Malfoy." Ron grumbled turning Harry right back around. "How did he find out?" Harry asked peering at his friends. Hermoine shook her head. "Just forget it."

"... Care of magical creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs." Dumbledore took their attention. "Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our own— Rubens Hagrid."

Hagrid smiled at the clapping echoing around the Great Hall, he stood up knocking down the dishes on the wooden table. "Finally, on a more disquieting note, at the request of the ministry of magic, Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban until such a time as Sirius Black is captured—"

Rosalyn darted her gaze downwards, listening to the murmuring of the students around her, hearing her name getting passed around like a note. "The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now, whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities... a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way."

Rosalyn glanced up at Dumbledore ignoring the burning gaze from everyone on her face, Hermoine's reached out, placing hand above Rosalyn's. "Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But, you know, happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times— if one only remembers to turn on the light."

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

"Just ignore them, they don't know what we know." Hermione told Rosalyn Black, they walked together after dinner, heading back to their dormitories for tomorrow's class. Rosalyn crossed her arms, stroking up the stairs.