ii. sorting hat

✩☆★✩☆★✩↯ chapter two➾ sorting hat

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter two
➾ sorting hat

ROSALYN STEPPED DOWN from the train with Ron and Harry, scanning around the platform, clutching her robe's closer to her body, following directly behind the boys. "Right, then! First years, this way, please! Come on now! First years, don't be shy!"

Rosalyn's eyes nearly feel out of their sockets when the tall and giant man approached them with a lantern in hand. "Hello Harry." The man smiled down at the kids.

"Hey, Hagrid." Harry greeted smiling back.

"Whoa!" Ron exclaimed staring up at the giant man standing before them. "Alright then, this way to the boats. Come on now, follow me."

Everyone trailed behind Hagrid, he lead them to the boats where they all found themselves seated and immediately by themselves, the boats lead them through the darkness of the lake to the Hogwarts's castle.

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

Professor McGonagall meet the first years upon the stairs where they slowly reach up, stopping before the giant doors. "Welcome to Hogwarts. Now in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates but before your can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin."

That sent a shiver down Rosalyn's back, she didn't wanted to become the family's disappointed a be sorted into Slytherin, she only knew that her father was sorted into Slytherin but her uncle wasn't, there was a chance she wouldn't be picked on by where she'll be sorted in.

"Now, while you're here... your house will be like your family." Professor McGonagall explains. "Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup—"

"Trevor!"

Rosalyn blinked by the suddenly shouting, she turned back to a big-teeth boy who she believed was Neville, the boy Hermione told them about, the one who lost his toad. Neville looked up meeting Professor's McGonagall gaze and stepped back to place. "Sorry."

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." The woman turned away.

"It's true, then." The voice of Draco Malfoy caught their attention, Rosalyn turned to the boy, he was her second-cousin, and how much she hated being related to the Malfoy family. "What they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

Whispers of his name echoed around them, everyone knew about the famous child. "This is Crabbe and Goyle." Draco introduction them, he stepped forward to Harry. "And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy."