xx. follow the spiders

✩☆★✩☆★✩↯ chapter twenty ➾ follow the spiders

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter twenty
➾ follow the spiders

HAGRID TURNED TO THE noise of knocking, he just couldn't believe someone would come and knock on his door so late at night. He held the crossbow in his grasp, and kicked the door open, pointing the weapon outwards, the three kids eyes widen watching the door slam open. "Hello? Hello?"

The trio lifted the invisible cloak off their bodies, a heavy sigh came from Hagrid. "What's that for?" Harry asked, gesturing to the weapon.

"Oh, nothing, I was expecting— it doesn't matter. Come on in, I just made a pot of tea." Hagrid said stepping aside, Rosalyn held onto the invisible cloak and walked in, the boys not far from her.

Hagrid took the teapot off the table to pour some of the tea he prepared, though his mind must have been elsewhere when Rosalyn noticed his shaky hands and when he overfilled the mug causing it to spill.

"Hagrid, are you okay?" Harry asked peering up.

"I'm fine, I'm all right." Hagrid exclaimed, a sad expression on his face. They knew something was about to happen. Rosalyn squints at him. "Did you hear about Hermione?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, I hear about that, all right." Hagrid replied nodding. Rosalyn slowly glanced to Harry. "Look, we have to ask you something." Harry began biting inside of his mouth. "Do you know who's open the chamber of secrets?"

Hagrid exhaled. "What you have to understand about that is—" The man didn't have the change to say anything else when a knock came to the door, alerting Fang. "Quick, under the cloak."

Rosalyn unwrapped the cloak and with Harry's help the three of them hid beneath the cloak and backed up, Hagrid quickly picked up the crossbow. "Don't say a word. Be quiet. The three of ya."

The wooden door was open. "Oh, Professor Dumbledore, sir."

"Good evening, Hagrid." Dumbledore greeted. "I wonder, could we...?" He gestured into coming inside. Hagrid nodded. "Of course, come in, come in."

"That's dad's boss." Ron says quietly, Rosalyn watched Dumbledore and some man she didn't recognize walk in. "Cornelius Fudge, the minister of magic."

"Bad business, Hagrid, very bad business." Fudge declared feeling sick to the stomach. "Had to come, three attacks on muggle borns. Things have gone far enough, the ministry's got to act."

"You know, I never, professor." Hagrid said glancing at Dumbledore, shocked that they came into his home and accuse him of such a thing.