xxix. hidden secrets

✩☆★✩☆★✩↯ chapter twenty nine➾ hidden secrets

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter twenty nine
➾ hidden secrets

THEY CAME ACROSS WALDEN MACNAIR, the man who's meant to take Buckbeak's life away. The four teenagers walked down the pathway heading towards Hagrid's hut.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak. It's just to horrible." Hermione says, they stepped out and noticed Draco and his goons, peering from behind a giant rock. "It just got worse." Ron commented, Hermione stormed down the stairs.

Rosalyn followed closely behind her. "Ah, come to see the show?" Draco teased, turning around to the four Gryffindor's. Hermione ripped her wand out from her pocket. "You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" Her wand pointed directly beneath his head.

"Hermione, no!" Ron spoke up, stopping her from something she might regret, Hermione inhaled glaring at the male before her wand. "He's not worth it." Rosalyn furrowed in disbelief as Draco whimpered, pressing himself against the stone and slowly Hermione brought her wand down. Draco dropped the act, laughing. Hermione turned quickly, punching the male in the face.

"Now, that's a sight to see." Rosalyn said nodding whilst crossing her arms. "Malfoy, you okay?" Crabbe asked, and promptly they left sprinting back inside. Hermione turned and exhaled. "That felt good."

"Not good— brilliant!" Ron exclaimed. Hermione smiled meeting Rosalyn's small nod of approval of her actions. They headed further down the hill to Hagrid's hut where they spotted Buckbeak tied outside with a chain.

"Oh, look at him. Loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows through them." Hagrid says, peering out the window, adoringly watching the creature. Harry looked up at him. "Why don't we just set him free?"

"Ah, they'd know it was me and then Dumbledore would get into trouble." Hagrid explained shaking his head, he had thought about it but knew about the consequences that would take effect. "He's coming down, you know, Dumbledore. Says he wants to be with me when they... when it happens. Great man, Dumbledore. Great man."

Rosalyn looked away from the kitchen table and back to Hagrid as he turned back. "We'll stay with you, too, Hagrid." Hermione stood up nodding her head firmly.

"You'll do no such thing." Hagrid immediately declined the invitation. "Think I want you seeing something like that? No, you just drink your tea and be off. Oh, before you do, Ron—" He walked over to a pot where he brought out Ron's pet. 

"Scabbers! You're alive." Ron stood up, taking the animal into his hands. "Want to keep a closer eye on your pets, Ron." Hagrid tells him. Hermione furrowed. "I think that means you own someone an apology."