xiv. watch your back

✩☆★✩☆★✩↯ chapter fourteen➾ watch your back

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter fourteen
➾ watch your back

ROSALYN DARTED HER gaze to the two Quidditch captains and their teams, she and Hermione were outside in courtyard accompanied by Ron when Oliver Wood noticed his opponent.

"Where do you think you're going, Flint?" Oliver approached the courtyard, Rosalyn cocked her head. "Quidditch practice." Flint answered like it was obvious.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Oliver exclaimed, coming up with face-to-face with the Slytherin captain.

"Easy, Wood." Flint spoke, raising his hand with a roll parchment letter, passing it to Oliver. "I've got a note."

"Uh-oh, I smelled trouble." Ron said worried, closing his book. They stood up from the bench and made their way towards the teams.

"I, professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new seeker." Oliver read the note, Rosalyn frowned at the last sentence. "You've got a new seeker? Who?" Oliver asked Flint.

Flint stepped aside to reveal Draco Malfoy, Harry stepped forward. "Malfoy?"

"That's right." Draco gleamed. "And that's not all that's new this year." Rosalyn glanced down at the broomsticks seeing the number attached to the bottom. "Those are Nimbus 2001s? How did you get those?"

"A gift from Draco's father." Flint tells them, Rosalyn scoffed beneath her breath, it was Draco's father's money being put into use, along with getting a spot on the team.

"You see, Weasley unlike some, my father can afford the best." Draco declared, glaring at the redhead. Rosalyn glared right back at him.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in." Hermione snarled, defending her House. "They got in on pure-talent."

Draco seethe in his own skin, marching towards the Gryffindor. "No one asked your opinion. You filthy little mudblood." Rosalyn gaped at his sudden words, everyone around seemed very shocked by his words, even some Slytherin's.

"You'll pay for that one. Malfoy." Ron spoke, bringing out his wand. "Eat slugs!" The spell was meant to work, only that his wand was broke and it reflected off Draco onto the one who cast it.

Ron flew back, the Gryffindor's ran over to the fallen boy. Rosalyn scrunched at his face, he looked to be sick. "You okay, Ron?" Hermione asked, kneeling down by his side. The boy turned, puffed cheeks shallowed and he hurled up a slug. "Ooh!" They groaned at the sight.