x. chessboard & flying keys

✩☆★✩☆★✩↯ chapter ten➾ chessboard & flying keys

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter ten
➾ chessboard & flying keys

NIGHT FALL CAME, when the four children snuck out of their dormitories to the common room, they were so close to leaving when the sudden croak of Neville Longbutton's frog, Trevor caught them by surprise.

"Trevor." Ron whispered shouted, eyeing the toad. "Trevor, shh, go! You shouldn't be here."

"Neither should you." Neville appeared from the arm chair, Rosalyn frowned upon seeing him, she pondered how long he had been sitting there. Neville stood up. "You're sneaking out again, aren't you?"

"Now, Neville, listen. We were—"

Harry tried to explain to the boy, but it seemed to Neville that he was tired of watching Harry and Ron sneak out while he pretended to sleep. "No! I won't let you, you'll get Gryffindor into trouble again, i— I... I'll fight you."

Rosalyn dropped her head at his words. Neville's hands formed to fist, showing that he wasn't afraid but Rosalyn could see the frightened expression in his face. "Really? Four against one, aren't you in for a treat."

Hermione raised her hand. "Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this." Hermione pointed her wand to Neville. "Petrifucus totalus." Neville's entire body froze up and his body slowly fell back to the ground.

Rosalyn turned to the girl, the corner of her mouth quirked up. "You're a little scary sometimes, you know that?" Ron whispered quietly. "Brilliant but scary."

"Let's go." Harry said after a nod, walking around Neville with a apologetic response. "Sorry."

"Sorry." Hermione mumbled.

"It's for your own good, you know." Ron tells him, peering down before following Hermione and Harry.

Rosalyn stopped beside Neville, looking down to him. "You wouldn't have won between us, if things got physical. I hope you're comfortable." Rosalyn hums and walked away.

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

The four kids walked down the dark hallway, hiding underneath the invisibility cloak, Rosalyn learned that it once belonged to Harry's father. "Ow! You stood on my foot." Hermione whispered to Ron.

"Sorry." Ron apologized before they knew it, they arrived to the door that would lead them to the three-headed dogs. Rosalyn stretched out her arm through the cloak. "Alohomora."

The door slowly creeped opened, they walked in, huddled close to each other, noticing the sleepy dog. "Wait a minute, he's..." Harry paused when the heavy blew from Fluffy's nose knocking the cloak off their bodies. "—snoring. Snape's already been here. He's out a spell on the harp."