xxii. sirius black

✩☆★✩☆★✩↯ chapter twenty two➾ sirius black

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter twenty two
➾ sirius black

ROSALYN HELD HER PET CAT against her chest, stroking her black fur through her fingers, watching the scene before her unfold, Ron had enough of Hermione's ginger cat bothering Scabbers since the girl brought Crookstanks to Leaky Cauldron.

"I'm warning you, Hermione." Ron says, jabbing a finger. "Keep that bloody beast of yours away from Scabbers or I'll turn it into a tea cozy!" 

"It's a cat, Ronald. What did you expect? It's in his nature." Hermione snapped right back.

"A cat?" Ron scoffed, firmly holding Scabbers close to his chest. "Is that what they told you? It looks more like a pig with hair, if you ask me."

Hermione mocked his scoff. "That's rich, coming, from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush!" She glanced back to Rosalyn. "And I don't see you lecturing Rose about her cat, though... well, I've never actually seen him on the ground."

Ron rolled his eyes. "Because she knows how to take care of her cat, don't you Rose?" Rosalyn cocked her head back, stroking the cat's fur gently. "Well, he doesn't really like rats." She said blankly.

Ron furrowed shifting his gaze passed Rosalyn's shoulder and a smile appeared on his face. "Harry!" The two girl's turned and Hermoine smiled at the boy. "Harry."

Rosalyn caught her breath in her throat, finding no words to say. "Hey, Harry. How you've been?" Rosalyn asked, staring directly at the boy, he's changed over the summer, he grew out his hair, his jawline smoothed slightly, he seemed more matured.

Harry smiled stepping down from the stairs, immediately noticing the height difference between them, she stood at least 5'0 feet whilst he stood 5'2, it wasn't much but it meant a lot.

"Good, I've been.. g-good and y-you, how have you been." Harry smiled softly at her, cursing beneath his breath at his shaky voice. Rosalyn smiled softly right back. "I'm good."

Hermione winched at the interaction and glanced at Ron. "Could this get any more awkward." She whispered shaking her head. Ron shrugged and cleared his throat, Harry and Rosalyn turned, suddenly flustered. "Come, Harry, I want to show you something."

Harry nodded briefly glancing at Rosalyn before following Ron. Hermione walked towards the girl. "What was that about?" Rosalyn pressed her lips together, humming. "Speak one word about it, your cat would lose its tail."

Rosalyn walked away and over to the table. Hermione gape at her words and peered down to her cat. "She didn't mean it, she wouldn't hurt you."