viii. unicorn blood

✩☆★✩☆★✩↯ chapter eight➾ unicorn blood

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter eight
➾ unicorn blood

PROFESSOR FLICH LEAD them through the dark of the night, a lantern in his hands guiding them down the pavement. "You'll be seeing detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest."

Rosalyn stared down at the lit up firepit outside the hut where Hagrid stood. "Im sorry for this, Hagrid." The sadden expression on the man's face cause them to frown, they wonder what had happened. "Oh, good god, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?"

Hagrid picked up the crossbow, not uttering a word when he met the sadden looks on the three kids faces. "Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony."

"Well, that good, isn't it?" Hermione asked, knowing a dragon in Hogwarts wouldn't be safe for anyone. "He'll be with his own kind."

"Yeah, but what if he doesn't like Romania?" Hagrid's then asked. "What if other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all."

Rosalyn could only stared in sympathy for the poor man. "Oh, for god sake, pull yourself together, man." Flich interrupted the moment. "You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you."

"The forest? I thought that was a joke." Draco spoke up looking up to Flich. "We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed and there are..." Draco paused frowning at the sound of howling coming from the forest. "Werewolves!"

Rosalyn rolled her eyes, and shook her head, knowing Dumbledore, he must have placed a spell around the school to protect the school grounds. "Ah, there's more than werewolves in those trees, lad." Flich said peering down. "You can be sure if that."

Hermione hands clawed onto Rosalyn's rope in fear. "Nighty-night." Flich continued to mock their frighten state even after he left them.

"Right. Let's go." Hagrid brought their attention forward, making his way into the forest, Rosalyn followed closely by Hagrid, taking the lead, having been interested since Dumbledore had forbidden that any student wasn't allowed into the forest.

It was dark, and cold. Hagrid stepped forward coming to a stop when he spotted an odd looking puddle, he crouched down, sinking two fingers into the sliver, before he stood up.

"Hagrid, what is that?" Harry asked through a shaky start, eyeing the sliver.

"What we're here for." Hagrid hummed, lifting his fingers in the air. "See that? That's unicorn blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been hurt bad by something."