xiii. cornish pixies

✩☆★✩☆★✩↯ chapter thirteen ➾ cornish pixies

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter thirteen
➾ cornish pixies

"MORNING, EVERYONE." PROFESSOR Sprout walked out the greenhouse, Rosalyn turned to the shorter woman, Professor tapped the pot upon hearing no responses. "Good morning, everyone."

"Good morning, Professor Sprout." The children greeted back, smiling softly at the woman.

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, second years." Professor Sprout introduced kindly. "Now, gather around, everyone. Today, we're going to re-pot Mandrakes." The woman turned picking up a pot from behind. "Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?"

Hermione's hands shot straight up. "Yes, Miss Granger?" Rosalyn teared her gaze to the girl beside her. "Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."

"Excellent. 10 points to Gryffindor." Professor Sprout nodded. "Now, as our Mandrake are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours which is why I've given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection."

Rosalyn picked up the tan-ish earmuffs. "So could you please put them on right away? Quickly." Rosalyn placed them over her head, patting the sides. "Floss tight down, and watch me closely."

Professor Sprout grabbed the head of the Mandrake. "You grasp your Mandrake firmly... you pull it sharply up out of the pot—" The Mandrake spouted out crying painfully loudly, even through the earmuffs, you can hear the crying.

"And now you dunk it down into the other pot, and pour a little sprinkling of soul to keep him warm." Professor Sprout demonstrated, Rosalyn watched at the baby Mandrake drowned in dirt.

Neville Longbottom's eyes fluttered close, falling back to the ground. "Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs." Professor Sprout says shaking her head.

"No, ma'am, he's just fainted." Seamus explained.

"Yes, well, just leave him there." Professor Sprout waved off the young second year. "Right, on we go. Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrake... and pull it up!"

Rosalyn and Hermione yanked the Mandrake out, everyone's crying baby Mandrake is suddenly causing a louder commotion. "Oh, merlin." Rosalyn muttered throwing down the Mandrake into the separate pot.

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

Rosalyn sat in the Great Hall with Hermione, and seated across was Harry and Ron, taping around the broke part of his wand. "Say it, I'm doomed." Rom frowns glancing at Harry.