vi. seeker's snitch

✩☆★✩☆★✩↯ chapter six➾ seeker's snitch

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter six
➾ seeker's snitch

"TAKE A BIT of toast, mate. Go on." Ron encourage the new seeker, it was the first game of the season, Harry had lost any appetite he had left of eating that morning.

"Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today." Hermione from beside tells him. Harry toyed with his breakfast. "I'm not hungry." The boy tells them, dropping the fork.

"Good luck today, Potter." Professor Snape approached the four children, Rosalyn looked up at him. "Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against Slytherin."

The male gave them all one last look before limping away. Harry squints watching closely and turned back. "That explains the blood."

"Blood?" Rosalyn questioned glancing across at him. Harry leaned forward. "Listen, last night, I'm guessing. Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three headed dog but he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping."

Hermione frowns. "But why would anyone go near that dog?"

"The day I was at Gringott, Hagrid took something out of one off the vaults." Harry explained glancing between them. "Said it was Hogwarts business, very secret."

"So, you're saying—"

"Thats what the dogs guarding." Harry cut Hermione off from her sentence. "That's what Snape wants." They didn't give it much though when the squeaking of an owl caught their attention, flying above the table, Harry rose and caught the broom with ease.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione exclaimed, Harry laid the broom down, very confused. "But I... I never get mail."

"Let's open it." Ron says nodding, between the four of them, they helped Harry by removing the brown wrapping and stings from the broom. "It's a broomstick." Harry said touching the wood.

"That's not just a broomstick, Harry." Ron declares with a shook of his head. "It's a Nimbus 2000!"

Harry furrowed, turning to his white owl seated by Professor McGonagall. "But who?"

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

Rosalyn didn't want to attend the Quidditch game that afternoon, but for some odd reason she wanted to see what Professor McGonagall saw in Harry that everyone else didn't, there she stood in the stands beside Hermione, a Gryffindor scarf around her neck, thick robes keeping her warm and paired with grey gloves, feeling like a fool matching with everyone else.