xvii. parselmouth

✩☆★✩☆★✩↯ chapter seventeen➾ parselmouth

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter seventeen
➾ parselmouth

"GATHER ROUND! GATHER ROUND." Professor Lockhart walked down the large table placed in the middle of the room. "Can everybody see me?" Can you all hear me?"

Rosalyn glared at the many girl's from behind her, smiling at the sight of the man. "Excellent. In the light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore had granted me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have down on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works."

Lockhart removed his cloak from behind and tossed it over to a group of seventh years. Rosalyn could almost smell the jealousy from across the room. "Let me introduce my assistant... Professor Snape."

Rosalyn peered forward at the sight of Professor's Snape blank expression walk up the table. "He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your potions master when I'm through him. Never fear."

Rosalyn crossed her arms. "I'm sure after what he did to Harry's arm, Snape will walk away just fine? Don't make me laugh." She muttered softly, Hermione furrowed her brows.

Lockhart brought out his wand, meeting Snape halfway down the table. They held up their wands for a second then back down to their sides and turned around, back to back, walking down the table when they turned quickly.

"One, two, three."

"Expellarmus!" Snape casted, wand raised above his head to Lockhart, he stepped forward, the bright sphere shot out heading towards Lockhart, knocking him the chest, sending him back flying to land on his back.

Rosalyn smiled faintly, watching the man slowly sit up. "Do you think he's all right?" Hermione asked from beside her, worried for the teacher's safety. "Who cares?" Ron laughed leaning forward.

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious what you were about to do. And if I had wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy." Lockhart exclaimed pushing off the ground, stepping towards Snape.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, professor." Snape says. Lockhart blanched which was quickly covered with a small smile.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape." Lockhart says and turned away. "Well— let's have a volunteer pair, uh, Potter, Weasley, how about you?" Lockhart gaze down to the two second years.