Animosity | Harry Potter Stor...

By notdaisyloll

ANIMOSITY | "i never met my father, is that okay?" Rosalyn Black lives in a world of magic, her father died b... More

ANIMOSITY
i. harry potter
ii. sorting hat
iii. remembrall
iv. three headed dog
v. troll in the dungeon
vi. seeker's snitch
vii. dragon's and snakes
viii. unicorn blood
ix. you-know-who
x. chessboard & flying keys
xi. gryffindor wins house cup
ACT TWO
xii. wiseacre's wizarding
xiii. cornish pixies
xiv. watch your back
xv. slytherin heir
xvi. moaning myrtle
xvii. parselmouth
xviii. polyjuice potion
xix. petrified hermione
xx. follow the spiders
xxi. lockhart the fraud
ACT THREE
xxii. sirius black
xxiii. the grim
xxiv. buckbeak
xxv. family of murderers
xxvi. term werewolf
xxvii. girls + ron
xxviii. crystal ball
xxix. hidden secrets
xxx. moons & befrayal
xxxii. raisin brain
ACT FOUR
xxxiii. quidditch world cup
xxxiv. krum the man
xxxv. triwizard tournament
xxxvi. spider curse
xxxvii. harry's name in the goblet

xxxi. timeless

113 3 0
By notdaisyloll

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter thirty one
➾ timeless

"ROSALYN! WAIT, ROSALYN!" HARRY chased closely behind the girl, getting rather annoyed that she kept ignoring him. They were running down the hallway to where Hagrid's hut was. "Rosalyn, will you please tell me what it is we're doing?"

Rosalyn panted lowly, peering over the stone wall to themselves from that morning. Harry close behind looking down at the figures. "That's us. This is not normal." He leaned forward and Rosalyn pushed him back against the wall.

Harry grunt at the impact, gazing up at her. Rosalyn reached for the time turner, showing him the small piece of golden. "This is a time-turned, McGonagall gave it to Hermione first term. This is how she's been getting to her lessons all year. She and I have been sharing it lately it's why she sent me to come with you."

Harry with furrowed brows staring down at the jewelry. "You mean, we've gone back in time?" Rosalyn nodded, putting away the time turner.

Harry looked away from her, blankly staring at the ground, Rosalyn knew he was feeling uneasy. "Dumbledore obviously wanted us to return to this moment." She tells him, moving back over to look at their past self's. "Clearly something happened here that he wants us to change."

Harry peered over just as Hermione punched Draco across the face. "That was a good punch, right?" Rosalyn chuckled lightly. "Definitely." They watched the three Slytherin's make their way up. "Malfoy's coming!" The two Gryffindor's ran out the corridor and hid behind the wall, they slowly sneaked around as soon as their past self's made it down to the hut.

Rosalyn took the lead them further down, to the giant rock surrounding the high mountain. "Look, Buckbeak's still alive." Harry exclaimed with a genuine smile. Rosalyn glanced at him then down. "Of course— remember what Dumbledore said? If we succeed, more than one innocent life could be spared."

Harry hummed, Rosalyn gave Buckbeak a brief glance before tugging Harry down the rocky companionway and sneaky hid behind the three giant pumpkins. "Here they come." Harry says noticing Dumbledore, Walden Macnair, and Fudge, Harry stood up. "I'd better hurry."

Rosalyn pulled him back down, she didn't want to risk being seen. "Fudge has to see Buckbeak before we steal him." She explained. "Otherwise, he'll think Hagrid set him free.

They turned back to the figures inside the hut. "That's Pettigrew." Harry mentioned, his expression harden. Rosalyn mocked his glare, grabbing his arm. "You can't—"

"Rosalyn, that's the man who betrayed my parents, you don't expect me to just sit here." Harry snapped shrugging her off and stood up. Rosalyn then grabbed a fistful of his jacket. "Yes, you must!" She dragged him around the pumpkins before they sat down, panting.

"Harry, you're in Hagrid's hut now. If you just go bursting in, he'll think you've gone mad." Rosalyn says peering around. "Terrible things happen to wizards who mess with time, Harry. We can't be seen." She then peered around the Dumbledore's voice. "Fudge is coming."

Rosalyn snapped her head back to the hut, noticing that no one had made a move to leave, she furrowed. "And we aren't leaving. Why aren't we leaving?" Rosalyn muttered to herself and then she noticed the black familiar rock, she didn't waste a second to grab the rock and throw it through the window, smashing through the vase.

"Are you mad?" Harry scolded her for her actions. Rosalyn ducked down before picking up another rock and threw it across and watched as it hit past Harry in the head. "Ow, that hurt." Present Harry whispered, rubbing the back of his head. Rosalyn cocked her head. "Sorry."

Their attention darted back to the three wizards entering the hut and their past self's walked out from the back, Rosalyn's eyes widen. "We're coming out the back door, go."

Harry and Rosalyn ran straight into the forest, hiding behind the large trees, she tilted her head, scanning her friends brown hair. "Hermione would hate the way her hair looks like from behind."

"Rosalyn!" Harry whispered shouted from across a tree, the branch crinkled from her foot and promptly she hides behind the tree. Past Rosalyn looked back confused at the sound. "What?" Past Harry asked noticed her sudden gaze.

"I thought I just— nevermind."

"Let's go." Past Ron says and the four friends were gone from behind the pumpkins and without a second thought Rosalyn and Harry walked out. "Okay, go, now, Harry, go." Rosalyn says nudging him to Buckbeak.

Harry reached slowly to the chain around Buckbeak and Rosalyn took the opportunity to sneak up from behind. "Okay, Buckbeak? Come on, quickly. Come with us, come on." Harry whispered lowly, pulling at the chain but the creature didn't even bother to move.

"Come on, Harry." Rosalyn whispered, looking up to the hut, knowing that in any minute the door will open. "Keep trying." Harry pulled at the chain much harder, but it was no use. "Come on."

"Buckbeak, quick, hurry up." Harry said, leaning forward, Rosalyn turned around, and noticed the dead ferrets hanging by the thread, she grabbed a few and wrapped some around her neck before walking back. "Come on, Buckbeak." She shook the ferret infront of him. "Come and get the nice dead ferret."

Buckbeak slowly pushed off the ground, Harry stumbled over in fear, Buckbeak fluttered his wings and caught the ferret Rosalyn tossed up, she grabbed another dead ferret and stepped back. "Come on, it's here, come."

Rosalyn froze in place once Dumbledore, Fudge and Walden Macnair walked out the hut, she eyed the men and Buckbeak snatched the ferret from her hands, she flinched back at the sudden move. Harry and Rosalyn's heartbeats raced rapidly against their chest.

Dumbledore pointed up around the trees behind the home. "...had that ling planted when he was headmaster. And all the strawberries you see."

Rosalyn reached for a ferret around her neck. "Come on, Buckbeak." She whispered warily. "Come on. Go." Rosalyn walked backwards with Harry successfully leading Buckbeak into the forest.

Fudge turned around noticed the disappearance of Buckbeak. "But where is it?" Dumbledore spun around at his words, finding no trace. "I saw the beast, just now." Fudge exclaimed walking down the path. "Not a moment ago."

"How extraordinary." Dumbledore commented.
Hagrid furrowed peering around the grassy field, mumbling his birds name beneath his breath.

"Oh, come on, Dumbledore." Fudge spoke with a scoff looking back. "Someone's obviously released him, Hagrid?" Buckbeak reached around, taking a ferret from around Rosalyn's neck, she hummed raising her hand. "Now not, buck."

Hagrid turned in disbelief. "Professor, I swear I'd didn't."

"I don't think the minister's suggesting that you had anything to do with this, Hagrid. How could you? You've been with us all the time." Dumbledore reassured, letting him know he was on his side.

Hagrid nodded. "Well, right."

Fudge turned around, scanning around the area. "Well... well, uh. We must search the grounds."

"Oh, search the skies if you must, minster." Dumbledore said tapping his cane down. "Meanwhile, I'd like a nice cup of tea or a large brandy."

The man then turned to Walden Macnair. "Oh, executioner, your services are no longer required."

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

It had become nightfall by the time they managed to get Buckbeak away from Hagrid's hut, Rosalyn kept feeding Buckbeak ferrets to keeping him moving, they walked through the forest until she stopped by a stumb and placed down the dead ferrets.

Harry placed the end of the chain on a hook to keep Buckbeak from leaving. "Now what?" He asked looking up at the dark haired girl. Rosalyn made her way up the hill. "We save Sirius."

Harry paused. "How?"

Rosalyn exhaled, and shrugged. "No idea." They quickly ran through the forest and up the mountain were they got a good view of the Whomping Willow tree. "Look, it's Lupin." Rosalyn exclaimed, watching the man enter the tree.

The Whomping tree shook with a shiver and Rosalyn noticed another body appeared and walked into the tree. "And Snape's coming."

"And now we wait." Harry says nodding. Rosalyn hummed, the two teenager's took it upon themselves to seat by the tree, not knowing how long it would be until they come out again before Rosalyn looked back to the eating creature.

"At least someone's enjoyed themselves." Rosalyn commented with a slight hint of a smile. Harry glanced at her then to Buckbeak. "Yeah."

"Rosalyn?"

"Mmh."

Rosalyn brought her legs to her chest, wrapping her arms around them. Harry fiddled with his fingers keeping his gaze to his hands. "Before... down by the lake, when I was with Sirius... I did see someone. That someone made the dementors go away."

"With a patronus." Rosalyn says raising a brow. "I heard Snape telling Dumbledore, according to him, only a really powerful wizard could have conjured it."

"It was my dad." Harry exclaimed, nodding. Rosalyn brought her legs down, slowly moving forward, not believing that it was his father. "It was my dad who conjured the patronus."

"But Harry, you—your dad—"

"Dead, I know." Harry snapped, grumbling beneath his breath. Rosalyn didn't let his angry get to her because she knew exactly how he felt about never actually meeting his parents. "I'm just telling you what I saw."

Rosalyn stared at the side of his blank face, wanting to know what he was currently thinking of. She darted her gaze away to the Whomping Willow tree. "Here we come."

They pushed off the ground. "You see Sirius talking to me there?" Harry mentioned, Rosalyn simply nodded. "He's asking me to come and live with him. When we free him, I'll never have to go back to the Dursley's. It'll just be me and him."

Rosalyn smiled faintly, knowing the wheels of ideas were spinning in Harry's head. "We could live in the country, someplace you can see the sky. I think he'll like that after all those years in Azkaban."

"Sounds like paradise." Rosalyn spoke softly. Harry smiled glanced at her, for the first time in that moment he felt something, he always had since the first day the met, his lips parted to speak when the sound of a howl brought their attention back to the tree.

Rosalyn looked up. "Let's go." She made her way through the tree with Harry behind her tail, quickly making their way to Sirius, Harry grabbed her arm stopping her from continuing and they turned to the crying sounds of a dog.

The werewolf stepped closer to past Harry, baring his sharp teeth at the boy, Rosalyn cupped around her mouth and howled. Harry brought her hands down. "What are you doing?"

Rosalyn removed his hands from her arms and cupped her hands around her mouth. "Saving your life." With that she howled, grabbing the werewolf's attention. "Great, now he's coming for us."

"Yeah, I didn't think about that. Run!" Rosalyn yells turning back around, Harry's hand launched to her own, they took off running through the trees, over the branch's. They ran further down, hiding behind a large tree, hands locked together, never thinking of letting go, moving around the tree and back.

The werewolf appeared from behind them, Harry without a second thought brought Rosalyn into his chest, pressing them together, knowing what's to come. The werewolf rose to attack when out of nowhere Buckbeak appeared, cawing loudly, scaring off the werewolf.

Buckbeak turned around, Rosalyn exhaled shakily holding to Harry's arms. "That's was terrifying, now I feel for Ron." She recalled the time she chased him around the castle.

"Poor professor Lupin's having a really tough night." Harry said softly, watching where the werewolf had disappeared to, the wind seemed to pick up, harshly blowing through them and they gazed up to the dark sky. Dementors.

"Sirius." They mumbled and together they ran down the forest heading to the Black lake where they knew he'll be. Rosalyn stood by the tree were she and Harry watched the dementors circle around Sirius.

"This is horrible." She mumbled.

"Don't worry, my dad will come." Harry reassured holding onto that shred of hope. "He'll conjure the patronus." Another dementor came down, sucking the soul from Sirius. "Any minute now! Right there! You'll see."

"Harry, listen to me. No one's coming."

Harry shook his head. "Don't worry, he will. He will come." Rosalyn stepped down, closely watched past Harry and Sirius grow weaker by the minute. "You're dying... both of you."

Harry sprinted off from where they stood, Rosalyn inched closer and stopped quickly, Harry retrieved his wand and pointed up. "Expecto Patronum!" A white bright beam spluttered from the wand, caroming repeatedly, sending the Dementors flying away.

𖤐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 3.6K 59
"What's the difference between me saying yes to Potter and you to Black?" "Easy. Potter is in actual love with you, but-" "But?" "To Sirius I'm jus...
71.1K 2.1K 53
"Be a good girl and listen" his voice was cold yet demanding and dominate "Y-Yes" I felt my breath hitch as I suddenly felt small Her name is Syden...
3.1K 109 8
"But if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first whoever did." ________________________________________ IN WHICH, IRIS BLACK the daughter...