Animosity | Harry Potter Stor...

By notdaisyloll

ANIMOSITY | "i never met my father, is that okay?" Rosalyn Black lives in a world of magic, her father died b... More

ANIMOSITY
i. harry potter
ii. sorting hat
iii. remembrall
iv. three headed dog
v. troll in the dungeon
vi. seeker's snitch
vii. dragon's and snakes
viii. unicorn blood
ix. you-know-who
x. chessboard & flying keys
xi. gryffindor wins house cup
ACT TWO
xii. wiseacre's wizarding
xiv. watch your back
xv. slytherin heir
xvi. moaning myrtle
xvii. parselmouth
xviii. polyjuice potion
xix. petrified hermione
xx. follow the spiders
xxi. lockhart the fraud
ACT THREE
xxii. sirius black
xxiii. the grim
xxiv. buckbeak
xxv. family of murderers
xxvi. term werewolf
xxvii. girls + ron
xxviii. crystal ball
xxix. hidden secrets
xxx. moons & befrayal
xxxi. timeless
xxxii. raisin brain
ACT FOUR
xxxiii. quidditch world cup
xxxiv. krum the man
xxxv. triwizard tournament
xxxvi. spider curse
xxxvii. harry's name in the goblet

xiii. cornish pixies

104 4 0
By notdaisyloll

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter thirteen
➾ cornish pixies

"MORNING, EVERYONE." PROFESSOR Sprout walked out the greenhouse, Rosalyn turned to the shorter woman, Professor tapped the pot upon hearing no responses. "Good morning, everyone."

"Good morning, Professor Sprout." The children greeted back, smiling softly at the woman.

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, second years." Professor Sprout introduced kindly. "Now, gather around, everyone. Today, we're going to re-pot Mandrakes." The woman turned picking up a pot from behind. "Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?"

Hermione's hands shot straight up. "Yes, Miss Granger?" Rosalyn teared her gaze to the girl beside her. "Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."

"Excellent. 10 points to Gryffindor." Professor Sprout nodded. "Now, as our Mandrake are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours which is why I've given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection."

Rosalyn picked up the tan-ish earmuffs. "So could you please put them on right away? Quickly." Rosalyn placed them over her head, patting the sides. "Floss tight down, and watch me closely."

Professor Sprout grabbed the head of the Mandrake. "You grasp your Mandrake firmly... you pull it sharply up out of the pot—" The Mandrake spouted out crying painfully loudly, even through the earmuffs, you can hear the crying.

"And now you dunk it down into the other pot, and pour a little sprinkling of soul to keep him warm." Professor Sprout demonstrated, Rosalyn watched at the baby Mandrake drowned in dirt.

Neville Longbottom's eyes fluttered close, falling back to the ground. "Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs." Professor Sprout says shaking her head.

"No, ma'am, he's just fainted." Seamus explained.

"Yes, well, just leave him there." Professor Sprout waved off the young second year. "Right, on we go. Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrake... and pull it up!"

Rosalyn and Hermione yanked the Mandrake out, everyone's crying baby Mandrake is suddenly causing a louder commotion. "Oh, merlin." Rosalyn muttered throwing down the Mandrake into the separate pot.

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

Rosalyn sat in the Great Hall with Hermione, and seated across was Harry and Ron, taping around the broke part of his wand. "Say it, I'm doomed." Rom frowns glancing at Harry.

"You're doomed." Harry confirmed.

"Hi, Harry." A bright flash from behind Hermione and Rosalyn snapped. "I'm Colin Creevey. I'm in Gryffindor too."

Harry smiled politely. "Hi, Colin. Nice to meet you." Rosalyn glanced over at Harry, watching his eyes widen in defeat. "Ron, is that your owl?" Dean called out.

The brown colored owl flew above the tables, in its mouth it held a red enveloped, which could only mean one thing. The owl crashed into the bowl of popcorn, landing on its back. Ron winched. "Bloody bird's a menace."

Ron took the howler from the owl's mouth. The owl flapped flying away. "Oh, no." Ron spoke nervously staring down at the red. Rosalyn has never seen one so up close before. "Look everyone. Weasley's got himself a howler."

Seamus exclaimed for everyone to hear. "Go on, Ron. I ignored one from my gran once. It was horrible." Neville explained, recalling the memory. Ron with shaky hands, peeled the howler open.

"Ronald Weasley!" Mrs. Weasley's voice boomed through the Great Hall. "How dare you steal that car! I am absolutely disgusted! Your father's now facing an inquiry at work and it's entirely your fault!" The howler stomped up to Ron's face. "If you put another toe out of line, we'll bring you straight home!"

Ron nodded immediately, the howler spun around facing the young first year. "Oh, and Ginny, dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud." Ginny tucked his lips into her mouth, the howler turned back to Ron, spluttering in his face before tearing itself up.

Ron exhaled looking down the table, feeling all many mixed of emotions.

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

Rosalyn wasn't excited for Professor's Lockhart's class, she's never met him personally but she already knew how much she wanted to skip his class and sneak into the library for some time away from everyone.

"Where's this nerd anyway?" Rosalyn mumbled seating down by Hermione, the Granger girl scoffed awaiting for the Professor.

"Let me introduce you to your new defense against the Dark Arts teacher..." The Professor stood above them all, beaming down. "— me. Order of Merlin, third class. Honorary member of the dark force defense league and five time winner—"

Lockhart waltzed down the curved stairs, stopping upon a painting of him. "Of witch weekly's most charming smile award." Rosalyn frowned, glancing at Hermione, noticing the heart-eyes she sent.

"But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him." Lockhart laughed, Rosalyn rolled her eyes taking her quill in hand. "Now, be warned. It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind."

Lockhart took his wand, and with a simple tap of his wand, the cage covered in a maroon sheet rattled. "You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream, you might provoke them!"

Lockhart yanked off the sheet, revealing a dozen mini blue Cornish Pixies inside the cage, shaking violently, grasping into the cage, wanting out. "Cornish pixies?" Seamus said cocking his head.

"Freshly caught cornish pixies." Professor Lockhart establishment. "Laugh if you will, Mr. Finnegan, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them. Hayah! Go!"

Lockhart brought the cage door to open, Rosalyn eyes slightly widen, not expecting that to happen in that moment. The pixies flew through them, into the air or in some Hufflepuff's hair. Hermione yelped sliding off the desk.

"Round them up, round them up! They're only pixies!"

Rosalyn stood up, stepping back when two pixies grabbed a whole of Neville's ears, lifting him off the ground. Neville screamed clutching onto the thin air and they left him hanging on the chandelier. "Please, get me down!" Neville plead.

Rosalyn groaned grabbing her wand, when she looked down. "Get off me!" Hermione yells crouched down by Ron and Harry, pixies having a grasp of her hair. "Stop, hold still." Harry grabbed a book, smacking the pixie away.

"Peskipiksi Pestemomi!" Lockhart waved his wand and a pixie snatched the wand, flying away. The pixies tapped the wand onto the chain of the skeleton being held, slowly the skeleton dropped to the ground.

Lockhart ran up the stairs, peering down at the four children. "I'll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back into their cage." Lock shaft laughed nervously running through the door.

"Bloody coward." Rosalyn grumbled, pointing her wand upwards. "Immobulus!" She yells, and a blue orb erupt from her wand and the blue pixie's frozen in mid-air. Rosalyn exhaled putting her wand away.

"Why is it always me?" Neville exclaimed sadly.

𖤐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.6K 28
เฉˆโœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš (Sirius Black x Fem! OC) "๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—ถ'๐—บ ๐—ท๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ฎ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น, ๐—ฎ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜...
42.7K 879 67
The loyal, stubborn, kindhearted Lucy Potter had always been an odd girl to the rest of the world. Living with her awful relatives in a world of bori...
108K 4.2K 39
[Book 1] โ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ญ. โž Serena grew up well sheltered in a Muggle suburb with her mother...