Animosity | Harry Potter Stor...

By notdaisyloll

ANIMOSITY | "i never met my father, is that okay?" Rosalyn Black lives in a world of magic, her father died b... More

ANIMOSITY
i. harry potter
ii. sorting hat
iii. remembrall
iv. three headed dog
v. troll in the dungeon
vii. dragon's and snakes
viii. unicorn blood
ix. you-know-who
x. chessboard & flying keys
xi. gryffindor wins house cup
ACT TWO
xii. wiseacre's wizarding
xiii. cornish pixies
xiv. watch your back
xv. slytherin heir
xvi. moaning myrtle
xvii. parselmouth
xviii. polyjuice potion
xix. petrified hermione
xx. follow the spiders
xxi. lockhart the fraud
ACT THREE
xxii. sirius black
xxiii. the grim
xxiv. buckbeak
xxv. family of murderers
xxvi. term werewolf
xxvii. girls + ron
xxviii. crystal ball
xxix. hidden secrets
xxx. moons & befrayal
xxxi. timeless
xxxii. raisin brain
ACT FOUR
xxxiii. quidditch world cup
xxxiv. krum the man
xxxv. triwizard tournament
xxxvi. spider curse
xxxvii. harry's name in the goblet

vi. seeker's snitch

183 7 0
By notdaisyloll

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter six
➾ seeker's snitch

"TAKE A BIT of toast, mate. Go on." Ron encourage the new seeker, it was the first game of the season, Harry had lost any appetite he had left of eating that morning.

"Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today." Hermione from beside tells him. Harry toyed with his breakfast. "I'm not hungry." The boy tells them, dropping the fork.

"Good luck today, Potter." Professor Snape approached the four children, Rosalyn looked up at him. "Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against Slytherin."

The male gave them all one last look before limping away. Harry squints watching closely and turned back. "That explains the blood."

"Blood?" Rosalyn questioned glancing across at him. Harry leaned forward. "Listen, last night, I'm guessing. Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three headed dog but he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping."

Hermione frowns. "But why would anyone go near that dog?"

"The day I was at Gringott, Hagrid took something out of one off the vaults." Harry explained glancing between them. "Said it was Hogwarts business, very secret."

"So, you're saying—"

"Thats what the dogs guarding." Harry cut Hermione off from her sentence. "That's what Snape wants." They didn't give it much though when the squeaking of an owl caught their attention, flying above the table, Harry rose and caught the broom with ease.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione exclaimed, Harry laid the broom down, very confused. "But I... I never get mail."

"Let's open it." Ron says nodding, between the four of them, they helped Harry by removing the brown wrapping and stings from the broom. "It's a broomstick." Harry said touching the wood.

"That's not just a broomstick, Harry." Ron declares with a shook of his head. "It's a Nimbus 2000!"

Harry furrowed, turning to his white owl seated by Professor McGonagall. "But who?"

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

Rosalyn didn't want to attend the Quidditch game that afternoon, but for some odd reason she wanted to see what Professor McGonagall saw in Harry that everyone else didn't, there she stood in the stands beside Hermione, a Gryffindor scarf around her neck, thick robes keeping her warm and paired with grey gloves, feeling like a fool matching with everyone else.

"Gryffindor!"

The Slytherin and Gryffindor teams were on opposite sides of the field, watching as Madam Hooch walked onto the field. "The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game!" Jordan lee announced through the speakers.

"The bludgers are up... followed by the golden snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth a 150 points. The seeker who catches the snitch ends the game."

Madam Hooch stepped around the box, taking the quaffle out and threw it up between the two teams. "The quaffle is released... and the hale begins!" Jordan shouted and the cheers from each house grew.

"Angelina Johnson scores!" Gryffindor roared in excitement, jumping at their first score of the game. Hermione jumped cheering bumping into a crossed arms— Rosalyn. "Ten points for Gryffindor!"

"Well done!" Hagrid cheered.

"Slytherin takes possession of the quaffle. Bletchley passes to captain Marcus Flint." Rosalyn watched closely as the Slytherin Captain with the quaffle kick away Angelina harshly, slightly winching.

Flint threw the quaffle over his shoulder and the quaffle was completely blocked by Oliver Wood's broomstick. The quaffle got passed around many many times before it finally went through the hoop. "Another ten points to Gryffindor!"

The quaffle was grabbed by a Slytherin opponent, he threw the quaffle towards the hoop and quickly, Oliver caught it before it could go through the hoop. "Give me that!" Flint snatched the beater's bat and in angry he smacked the bludger into Oliver, knocking him off his broom and down into the sand.

"Ooh!"

They winched at the hard impact. Slytherin had managed to score their first point after getting rid of Wood and purposely knocking Angelina into the Ravenclaw tower, she tumbled down onto the sand. "What's going on with Harry's broomstick?"

Rosalyn turned away from the opponents team to Harry, he was swinging around violently, grasping onto his broomstick. Hermione looked through the binoculars, noticing the way Snape glared at Harry, muttering beneath his breath.

"It's Snape. He's jinxing the broom!" Hermione whispered shouted at Ron and Rosalyn.

"Jinxing the broom?" Ron says glancing back up at Harry then looked between them. "What do we do?"

"Leave it to me." Hermione simply said, pushing the binoculars into Ron's hands, Rosalyn turned watching the girl disappear through the crowd.

"Oh, god!" Ron cried out. Rosalyn watched Harry lose grasp of his broomstick, only being able to hold on with one hand. "Come on, Hermione!"

Harry paused feeling himself grow control of the broomstick, he hopped right back on and took off. "Go, go, go!" Ron cheered slapping a hard pat to Rosalyn's back earning a hard glare.

Hermione wondered back to the stands, turning back to the game, Harry tumbled down from his broomstick clutching onto his stomach. "Looks like he's gonna be sick." Harry spat out, catching the golden snitch in his hands. 

"He's got the snitch!" Jordan announces. "Harry Potter revives 150 points for catching the snitch!" Madam Hooch, from above the field, blew on the whistle, the game was over. Gryffindor had won.

"Gryffindor wins!"

The Gryffindor house burst in excitement, cheering for their first win. Rosalyn faintly smiled. "Yes!" Hagrid cheered shaking Rosalyn's shoulders. "Smile, child!"

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

After the game, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Rosalyn met back up with Hagrid, the sun was beginning to hide behind the large mountains and soon the moon would take over. Hermione had been telling Hagrid about Snape's attempt.

"Nonsense. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid question, he had a hard time being such thing but he also knew it was something the Professor would do.

"Who knows, why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?" Harry asked him, they walked down the grassy field.

"Who told you about Fluffy?" Hagrid said peering down at them. Rosalyn raised a brow at the name, she knows that three-headed dog didn't look like any fluffy.

"Fluffy?" Ron questioned the choice of name.

"That thing has a name?" Hermione asked furrowing up. "Well, of course, he's got a name, he's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at a pub last year." Hagrid declared. "Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the—"

Hagrid paused in his words, almost saying what he promised Dumbledore to never say to anyone else. "Yes?"

"Shouldn't have said that." Hagrid added quickly. "No more questions, don't ask anymore questions. That's top-secret, that is." Rosalyn hums crossing her arms.

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it." Harry tried to reason with him. Hagrid stopped in his tracks and turned.

"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher."

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one." Hermione says, cranking her neck upwards. "I've read all about them. You've got to keep an eye contact on and Snape wasn't blinking."

"Exactly."

Hagrid sighs. "Now, you listen to me, all four of ya. You're meddin' in things that ought not to be meddled in." He shook his head. "It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

Rosalyn turned to Harry, the name could possibly be useful. "Nicholas Flamel?" Harry repeated once again.

Hagrid exhaled sharply. "I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that." Hagrid turned, walking away. "I shouldn't have said that."

Harry stepped forward watching the man leave. "Nicolas Flamel. Who's Nicolas Flamel?" Harry turned to the three others. Rosalyn shook her head.

"I don't know?" Hermione answered.

𖤐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 879 67
The loyal, stubborn, kindhearted Lucy Potter had always been an odd girl to the rest of the world. Living with her awful relatives in a world of bori...
295K 8.8K 44
ππ‹π€π‚πŠ 𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 ❝In which Regulus Black's daughter catches the eyes of his brothers god-son, and it pisses him off.❞ NO VOLDEMORT AU Jily, Regul...
76K 2.2K 38
౨ৎ " In June 1980, a daughter was born to the ill-fated union of Sirius Black and Rosalee Rosier. Tragically, Rosalee...
708K 19.3K 132
No one knows the truth about what happened that night. The night Harry Potter lost his parents and became The Chosen One, was also the night that Si...