UNBREAKABLE || ⚜️ THE ORIGINA...

By katherinemarciello

"𝐖𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬...𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐭�... More

!𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭!
|| 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ||
|| 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓 ||
|| 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ||
|| 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||
|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ||
|| 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ||
|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ||
|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ||
|| 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐓𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 ||
|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 ||
|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ||
|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||
|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ||
|| 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ||
|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ||
|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ||
|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ||
|| 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 ||
|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||
|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ||
|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ||
|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ||
|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ||
|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 ||
|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ||
|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||
|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ||
|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ||
|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ||
|| 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||
|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ||
|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 ||
|| 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ||
|| 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||
|| 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ||
|| 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ||
|| 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ||
|| 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ||
|| 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 ||
|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ||
|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||
|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ||
|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ||
𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝...
|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ||
|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ||
|| 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 ||
|| 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ||
𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧...
|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ||
|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||
|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ||
|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ||
|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ||
|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ||
|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ||
|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 ||
|| 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ||
|| 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ||

|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ||

739 31 10
By katherinemarciello

SEASON TWO - EPISODE EIGHT
"THE BROTHERS THAT CARE FORGOT"

...Somewhere In A Park...

At a park in an unknown location, children are playing football and playing on the playground as mothers push their children in strollers. Nearby, Rebekah smiles as she gently pushes Hope and Theodore on an infant swing.

She smiles brightly seeing the twins happy face at her. This past few months have been a real dream coming true for her, being able to take care of these two preciousness.

[voiceover] "We arrive into this world as innocents. Wide-eyed. Vulnerable. It is the job of our parents to nurture and protect us. Unfortunately, our own parents failed miserably at even the most basic of parental tasks. But, we are not beholden to the past they created for us" Klaus says.

...Mikaelson Compound...

Klaus and Elijah are having breakfast in the dining room with Kaleb/Kol and Vincent/Finn, who are still bound with the enchanted manacles that prevent them from doing magic. Compelled servants in suits place platters of breakfast pastries on the table.

"Today, a new future awaits. Forget your animosity toward Elijah and myself. Instead, join us against she who truly deserves your ire...our mother" Klaus says.

Kol rolls his eyes, and Finn just looks bored.

"Do this, and we will welcome you with open arms!" Klaus continues.

"Well..." Kol starts.

He reaches for a plate of pastries with his shackled hands, but Klaus pulls it out of his way. Kol sighs and rolls his eyes again.

"But, if you continue to oppose us, a denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns" Klaus continues with a smirk.

"If all you wanted was my allegiance against Mother Dearest, you should have said so! Save me a night shackled to the wall" Kol says.

"Yes, this was Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs, one by one, until you comply" Elijah says.

Klaus laughs and stands up.

"We've...we've no desire to torture you" Klaus says.

He stands behind Kol and Finn and squeezes their shoulders with his hands.

"Provided you vow to stand beside us as brothers" he continues.

Finn shrugs out of Klaus' grip and looks at him with skepticism.

"Brothers...Does that word even apply to us? After all these centuries of betrayal? And, has loyalty to you ever rewarded? If so, tell me, Niklaus...where is our sister, Rebekah?" Finn asks.

Elijah glares at Finn as he continues speaking.

...Somewhere In A Park...

Rebekah is at the park, still playing with Theodore and Hope.

[voiceover] "She was blindly loyal to you for a thousand years, and now? Nowhere to be found" Finn says.

...Mikaelson Compound...

"Where did our sister go? And, how did she escape your vile machinations?" Finn asks.

Klaus, whose back has been turned to him, is clearly nervous and suspicious, but laughs fakely to cover for it before he turns to face them.

"Heh! You think me vile? What, then, do you make of the one who cursed us?" Klaus asks.

"She was trying to make you mortal again!" Finn says frustrated.

Elijah grabs a knife off the table, clearly suspicious and annoyed by Finn's words.

"And, you both refused her" He laughs darkly "It only proves how far you've fallen. But, I expect Rebekah will have a different response to her proposal"

...Somewhere In A Park...

At the park, Rebekah turns and sees a starling watching her from the nearby playground.

...Mikaelson Compound...

"See, unlike the two of you, she always did cling to her humanity" Finn continues.

"Rebekah is off-limits to you. You pursue her, and you will suffer" Elijah says angrily.

Finn and Kol both look surprised and slightly concerned by Elijah's uncharacteristic outburst, as does Klaus.

"Do not let him goad you, Elijah. Neither he, nor Esther, will find Rebekah unless she wants to be found" Klaus turns to Finn "And she does not"

Klaus knew exactly what it meant to find Rebekah and so does Elijah.

"Esther is quite determined" Finn says.

...Somewhere In A Park...

At the park, Rebekah looks incredibly unnerved by the starling. When she turns back again, an entire flock of starlings have perched themselves on the playground, all of them watching her. Her face changes from uncomfortable to alarmed.

She prepares herself to fight and destroy everything that might jeopardize her precious little nephew and niece.

...Mikaelson Compound...

"She's been searching for Rebekah since the day she returned. I imagine it's only a matter of time" Finn says.

Elijah completely loses his temper, grabs Finn by the collar, and slams him onto the table before vamping-out and feeding on him.

Klaus has pulled Elijah away from Finn and shoves him against a nearby wall. Elijah puts his hands up defensively, so Klaus backs off. He tugs Elijah's handkerchief out of his jacket pocket and hands it to him so he can clean himself up.

"I enjoy a good bloodletting as much as anyone, but our brothers have power, as well as knowledge of Esther's plans" Klaus says.

Elijah wipes the blood off his face while he listens.

"We need them alive" Klaus continues cautiously.

"Imagine what they would do to Rebekah" Elijah whispers "To...Hope and Theodore"

"Rebekah has been cloaked by powerful magic. Focus on the task at hand" Klaus says.

He lowers his voice and looks around to make sure Finn and Kol aren't eavesdropping.

"We need to persuade our brothers" Klaus whispers.

"I'm through with persuasion" Elijah says.

Elijah is about to leave, but Klaus grabs him by the shoulder and stops him before looking at him with concern.

"Has the earth shifted on its axis? You needing restraint from me?" Klaus asks.

Elijah looks taken aback, but he's distracted when his phone rings. He pulls it out of his pocket and answers it when he sees its Rebekah.

"It's me. I have the babies, and we're on the run. Esther found us. We're safe, for now...I've lost her bloody starlings, but I have no idea where to go" Rebekah says frantically.

"Tell her to head west. I'll call Rosie" Klaus says immediately after hearing what his sister said.

"Do not tell Rosie! Esther's too smart for that. The only advantage that we have is that she thinks the babies died. Text me the plans" Rebekah says.

Elijah hangs up with a sigh.

"Go. I'll take care of Kol and Finn" he says.

"Splendid. And, in your hands, I assume they'll be dead by nightfall" Klaus says annoyed.

"I will show restraint. The twins needs their father" Elijah says.

"What they needs...what we need...are allies to help us defeat our mother. Finn and Kol must be turned to our side. Without their help, there will be nowhere left for Hope and Theodore to run" Klaus says.

"Niklaus, your children..." Elijah was cut off.

"I have waited months to see my son and daughter" Klaus says.

He stops speaking for a moment and gulps anxiously, clearly unhappy with this plan.

"I can wait one more day" he says unhappy.

Elijah looks at him sympathetically before he gets ready to leave.

"Elijah. Do whatever it takes to keep them safe" Klaus asks genuinely.

"I give you my word" Elijah says seriously.

...The Bayou...

Rosalind, Hayley, Jackson, and Aiden are outside of Jackson's trailer, discussing their current problems.

"The wolves are freaking out. They know it had to be an insider who took down Vincent last night, seeing as no one could have been anywhere near him" Aiden says.

"Did anyone suspect it was you?" Jackson asks.

"No, not yet. But, they're gonna figure it out, which pretty much means I'm screwed unless we come up with a plan" Aiden shook his head.

"Call a meeting. The whole pack, tonight. If they're so scared, now's the perfect time to convince them they need to ditch Esther" Rosalind says.

Aiden holds up his hand, on which he wears a familiar-looking silver ring with a black stone.

"She gave them moonlight rings" Aiden says.

"Well, those rings make you slaves" Hayley says.

"No! They make us powerful. We were exiles before, but now we run the city! The vampires are scared of us, and nobody, including me, is just gonna walk away from that because..." Aiden was cut off.

Jackson, looking annoyed, stands and approaches Aiden before interrupting him.

"Set the damn meeting" he says.

Jackson walks away. Rosalind gives Aiden a look before she catches up with him near the dock of the pond, where he has just opened a can of beer.

"So, are you gonna work on a rousing speech, or just get day-drunk?" she asks.

"Little bit of both" he answers.

Rosalind snatches the beer from him and looks at him in concern.

"Jack, it's ten A.M" she says sternly.

Jackson turns away from her and goes to lean against the boat house. Next to him is a small table covered in books, and he grabs a brown, leather-bound journal off of the top of a pile.

"You know, for months, I wrote down every single word Ansel said. The entire history of our people. If only I'd known he was Klaus' father, I would have asked him a hell of a lot more. You know, I was up all night looking through this, trying to find something, anything that will help me figure out how to get our people back together" Jackson says.

He tosses the book back onto the table.

"Let me guess...no such luck?" she asks.

"Nothing viable. And now, Ansel's dead...along with Ollie. So, forgive me if I need a beer, 'cause right now, I can use all the help I can get" he says.

Jackson grabs his drink and walks away. Once he's out of sight, Rosalind surreptitiously grabs the brown leather journal so she can read it.

As she passes the pages, one especially caught her attention and she gasps seeing what it was.

"Hayley!" Rosalind calls out for her sister.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Jackson is chopping firewood near his trailer when Rosalind and Hayley find him.

"You wanna stop playing mountain-man and explain why you kept this from us?" Rosalind demands.

She holds up the brown leather journal, and Jackson sighs before dropping his axe.

"Why don't I jog your memory?" she says.

She starts to read from the journal.

"'The werewolves' power can be traced back to the myth of the Unification Ceremony, a ritual that bestowed certain unique abilities onto every member of the pack'" she reads before eyeing him.

Jackson looks guilty, but remains silent.

"Do you believe this?" Hayley asks.

"I didn't at first. And then Ansel swore he saw it with his own eyes. And then he dies, and I found out he was resurrected from a thousand years ago, which means he was alive to see it!" Jackson explains.

"How did we not know about this?" Rosalind asks.

"You two didn't grow up out here. Yeah, every kid grows up hearing the stories. Back in the day, werewolf bloodlines were all distinct, right? Some had speed, some had strength, some could sense enemies from miles away. Now, to evolve, we would perform a ritual. A shaman would marry the alphas of each bloodline, and then the special abilities of each would be...inherited, mystically, by everyone who participated in the ritual. See, after a few centuries, everybody had the same abilities, so alpha marriages became political. They became about...power, about territory" Jackson says.

Both sisters take a moment to silently consider this information.

While Hayley looks stunned, Rosalind seems like she realized something.

"But I have a unique ability. Because I'm a hybrid, I can control when I change! So, if this mystical marriage thing works, then...then our people get my power, and they can ditch the rings!" Rosalind says and glances at Hayley and Jackson.

Jackson looks torn and Hayley looks troubled, while Rosalind's eyes fill with excitement.

"Which means Esther no longer has a hold over them!" Jackson nods silently "Jack, this is exactly the answer that we've been looking for! Let's find a shaman, we'll say some vows. Hell, we'll make it a party!" Rosalind says.

"It ain't just a party. If the vows ain't honored, it doesn't work" Jackson says.

Rosalind's face falls when she realizes the implications of this ritual.

"It's gotta be a real marriage, in every way, for the rest of our lives. Are you up for that?" Jackson asks.

"Rosie, no!" Hayley shook her head.

Rosalind looks at though she wants to say something, but can't find the words. Jackson looks hurt.

"Didn't think so" Jackson says sadly.

He wouldn't have any problem on marrying her, but not if it was to be something she would hate. Hell, no.

He returns to chopping firewood, leaving Rosalind and Hayley alone to think.

"You can't do that Rosie" Hayley says after a while.

"It's for our people" Rosalind muttered.

"No!" Hayley says "you'll not give up of your happiness because of them. I won't let you!"

"Do you think I will let you do it instead?" Rosalind asks incredulously "this is my responsibility, not only as an Alpha, but also as your older sister"

Hayley shook her head.

"He was supposed to be my husband, so it's me who should handle this" Hayley says.

Rosalind sighs.

"But it's me who has the hybrids ability" Rosalind says quietly "It's not exactly a choice"

"It's always a choice" Hayley says "we will find a way"

"Maybe..." Rosalind whispers.

They stood looking at the view for a while.

"You know that if Klaus or Elijah find out about this marriage stuff, It's a death sentence to Jack, right?!" Hayley asks playfully and Rosalind rolls her eyes with a small smile on her lips.

"Welcome to my life, little sister" Rosalind says and wraps her arms around Hayley's shoulders affectionately.

...Cami's Apartment...

Cami is sleeping in her bed when her phone rings. She looks groggy and groans, rubbing her head as she reaches over to check it. When she sees it's Rosalind, she answers quickly.

"Rosie, hey. What's up?" Cami asks.

"I need a favor" Rosalind says.

...Kieran's Old Apartment...

Rosalind, Cami and Hayley are looking through Kieran's files. Cami groans again and rubs her forehead as she leans over the desk. Rosalind looks at her in concern.

"You sure you're okay?" Rosalind asks standing up.

"Yeah, I must just be coming down with something" Cami says.

"I'm sorry to drag you out of bed for this" Hayley apologizes and Rosalind approached her, putting one hand at her forehead.

"Please. You two just discovered an ancient marriage ritual with pretty drastic supernatural and personal implications. The least I can do is get out of bed" Cami says and looks at Rosalind who's currently examining her "how did you learn this medical stuff?"

"My dad was a doctor" Rosalind says and withdraw her hands "no fever and no signal of trauma apparently"

Cami and Hayley smiles at her.

"So, this is everything I found in my uncle's files about werewolf ceremonies and rituals. Mostly, it sounds like old folklore and fables" Cami says.

Rosalind and Hayley only nod silently. Cami looks at her sympathetically.

"...But, I'm guessing you you two are not here looking for some kind of proof" Cami asks cautiously.

"Actually we don't know what we're looking for" Rosalind says quietly.

"Not to pry, but...does Jackson have any answers?" Cami asks.

"He doesn't even want to talk about it. He doesn't even want to put me in this position. He's a good, decent guy, if those even exist anymore" Rosalind says looking through the files.

"And, I'm assuming he knows about Klaus and Elijah? And that he'll be dead before he can even think about an engagement ring?" Cami asks slowly.

Hayley chuckled.

"I said the same thing myself" Hayley says and high five Cami.

"Okay, first..." Rosalind narrowed her eyes at them "...that's rude to say..." they chuckled again "...second, Nik is and always will be a complicated topic, and Elijah and I have barely spoken since I became a hybrid. So, I don't know...it's..."

"Complicated?" Cami completes.

Rosalind groaned and rest her head at the table.

"Well, there is no right answer to this" Cami says.

She starts to pull her hair back into a ponytail.

"You just have to figure out what's best for you, and think long and hard about your decision, because you're the one who's going to have to live with it" Cami says.

"No pressure" Hayley muttered under her breath.

Cami turns to start putting the files away, and Rosalind notices a vertical line of what looks like large pin-pricks that runs down the length of Cami's spine, which is visible through a small slit in the back of her shirt. Rosalind looks worried.

"Hey, what's that on your back?" Rosalind asks.

Cami, concerned, walks over to a nearby mirror and turns so that she can see for herself. She looks at Rosalind and Hayley in horror.

...The French Quarter...

Rosalind is standing on a street corner near the compound and holds her phone in her hand, unsure of what to do. After a moment, she dials Elijah's number.

...Out-Of-Town Diner...

Elijah is sitting alone in a booth and pulls his phone out of his jacket pocket when he hears it ring. When he sees that it's Rosalind, he smiles to himself. He then notices a man sitting at the bar, staring at him as his phone continues to ring. Unnerved, Elijah ultimately ignores the call.

...The French Quarter...

Rosalind sighs and rolls her eyes when the call goes to voicemail, and she hangs up without leaving a message, looking disappointed.

"What is it?" Hayley asks approaching her.

"How come a thousand years old vampire can act such as a child?" Rosalind asks frustrated and Hayley looks confused.

"Do I wanna know?" Hayley asks.

"Just if you want some white hairs in your head" Rosalind says and sighs.

...Out-Of-Town Diner...

A waitress comes by to refill Elijah's coffee. He's still suspicious of the man at the bar, and decides to get answers.

"Tell me, has there been anyone out of the ordinary today?" he compels her.

"Just you" she answers numbly.

Elijah smiles and nudges his mug toward her to top off his coffee. When she goes to pour it, she accidentally spills some on his his wrist and the sleeve of his shirt and jacket.

"Oh, I am so sorry, let me..." she says guiltily.

Elijah tries his best to remain polite and unbothered while still shooing her away as quickly as possible.

"It's quite all right. Thank you" he says as calmly as possible.

The waitress gets the hint and leaves. Elijah dabs at the stain on his sleeve with a napkin, which sends him into flashbacks of his time being tortured by Esther. He remembers his dream of being covered in blood and chasing Rosalind down a hallway that ends in a red door, as well as a memory from just after he killed Tatia after he had just turned, where he knelt outside of his family's home, wiping his face with a towel.

"I told you to clean yourself up. If you were clean, no one would know what you are or what you've done" Esther's voice flashbacks in his head.

Elijah, still scrubbing at the coffee stain, looks over at the waitress, who is whispering to the suspicious man at the bar. Both of them stare at Elijah, which makes him even more paranoid. He experiences more flashbacks to the red door, and the door of his family's slaughterhouse in the late 10th/early 11th century, and becomes even more agitated.

...Mikaelson Compound...

Finn is still suspended by his wrists with his manacles in the ballroom, where Klaus once again returns to continue to try to turn him to his side. As he approaches Finn, Klaus holds up the keys to his manacles.

"So, brother...ready to embrace your new life of freedom?" Klaus asks with a smirk.

"I'm already free, brother" Finn says.

"You're aware our mother cares nothing for you?" Klaus says.

"Niklaus, I assure you, my mother loves me. She loves all of her children. You would not exist without her sacrifice" Finn says.

Klaus smirks, not believing him, and heads for the door, but he stops when Finn calls out to him.

"Do you even know the truth? That she was barren? And she grew so desperate for a family that she begged one of the most powerful witches in history for help...her sister, Dahlia. Of course, Dahlia's price was high. She agreed to make our mother fertile, but in exchange, she sought the first-born as sacrifice. Having no other choice, our mother gave away our beloved Freya" Finn reveals.

Klaus scoffs, clearly skeptical of these claims.

"Our sister died of plague" Klaus says.

"Esther gave her away. Think about that. The pain, the grief" Finn says.

Klaus walks over to Finn until they are nearly nose-to-nose.

"If what you say is true, then death is far too delicate a fate for her" Klaus says.

"She loves us more than you realize" Finn replies.

"And is love the reason she wanted my children dead?" Klaus asks furiously.

"She was trying to protect you from Dahlia's curse!" Finn tries.

Klaus loses his temper and shouts at the top of his lungs.

"WHAT CURSE?" Klaus shouts.

"Dahlia demanded the first-born of every generation. Had your children lived, they would have paid the price! And, if anyone had tried to protect them, Dahlia would come and destroy us all, especially knowing they were twins" Finn reveals.

Klaus glares at Finn, who looks almost scared of him.

...Out-Of-Town Diner...

It's nearly dark, now, and Elijah is still sitting at his booth as the waitress from earlier slowly walks past him. After a moment, Rebekah walks into the restaurant, with Theodore and Hope in their respectively baby carriers. Elijah immediately stands when he sees her, and she smiles at him. When she makes it to the booth, she sets the twins' carriers on the table, and Elijah smiles widely as he gazes at them. He and his sister share a hug, before he focuses all his attention on his niece and nephew. Rebekah sits down while Elijah picks up Hope and Theodore.

"Look at you two" he says looking between the two babies "So big. So perfect"

"Amazing, aren't they?!" Rebekah asks rhetorically and Elijah nods not looking away from the happy babies.

"I can't imagine the joy of spending every day with them. It's..." he trailed off.

"...Quite lovely. It feels so human" Rebekah completes.

"Yes...some would argue the most human of experiences" Elijah says.

"I know I have to give them back to Rosie when the time is right. But, they made me realize how much I want that child of my own...that I know I can't have" Rebekah says half sadly.

Elijah rocks Theodore and Hope in his arms happily.

"It's a lovely dream. Unfortunately, it's one that's just beyond our reach, considering the curse of our existence" Elijah says.

"Seems Esther's attacking with her usual fervor" Rebekah states concerned.

"Yes, Mother tortured me for days with memories I thought I'd buried long ago" he says.

He licks his lips nervously and pauses for a moment before speaking.

"Then, she made an offer...to make us all look mortal again" Rebekah looks stunned "You see, sister, Mother believes that by placing us in new bodies, we can then reclaim some kind of...purity. We can begin families of our own again. And, I have to confess, Rebekah...this invitation, however cruel in delivery, had a certain...appeal" he reveals.

Rebekah looks at him sympathetically, and stretches her arms across the table so she can rubs Elijah's arms affectionately. He continues to gaze at the twins lovingly, not noticing when Rebekah spots a smear of blood on the sleeve of his shirt and becomes even more worried. He notices her concern and misreads it.

"You needn't worry. We're safe" he assures her.

Rebekah licks her lips and puts on a fake smile before standing on her feet and grabbing the twins' blanket.

"Looks like those little ones needs their diapers changed!" Rebekah says.

Elijah stands so he can hand Hope and Theodore back to her.

"Here, my lovelies" she says softly.

She heads toward the bathroom across the restaurant. Rebekah's eyes widen in horror as she notices a smear of blood on the counter while she passes it. There's another bloody smear on the door to the kitchen. The waitress from earlier washes her hands at a nearby sink and has presumably been compelled to ignore the blood, because she does not seem bothered by it, nor does she seem to mind that Rebekah is about to enter the kitchen. Rebekah gently kicks open the kitchen door and gasps when she enters sees a dozen bloodied bodies strewn around the room. She turns and shields the babies' face with their blankets to keep them from seeing any of the carnage. Elijah continues to stand near their table with his back to her, oblivious to Rebekah's discovery.

...St Anne's Church...

Jackson is at the sacristy, where he is giving his speech to the Crescents.

"I know you're angry and scared, but we are a pack. No matter what" he says.

One of the werewolves leans stands up to address him.

"You've been checked out for months. Why should we listen to you?" Jerick says.

"Because he's the Alpha! You got a problem with that?" Aiden says.

Suddenly, Rosalind and Hayley appear at the door at the back of the room.

"We want to hear what Jackson has to say" Rosalind says.

Jackson looks shocked to see her. Rosalind and Hayley walk to the front of the room to join him.

"This is a pack meeting. You're not one of us anymore" Jerick scoffs.

Hayley went to lunges for him but Rosalind held her back and faces him holding her arms out wide, looking bored.

"No?" she tilted her head to the side.

Suddenly, Rosalind's nails start to grow out like claws. Her hands start to transform into wolf paws, and her eyes glow gold. After a moment, she shifts back, and her arms and face go back to her human form.

"I am still a wolf. And, I didn't need any magical rings to control when or how I change. You want the same? Then, sit down, shut up, and listen" Rosalind says sternly, with a powerful aura surrounding her.

She smiles at them and looks back at Jackson, who looks at her in awe while Hayley wear a proud grin.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Rosalind, Jackson and Hayley are still arguing their case to the rest of the Crescents, including Aiden and Jerick.

"You all need help, and you know it. Now, whatever it is that you think of me, I was born a Crescent. My sister and I are the lasts of the Labonair line, which makes me us Alphas" Rosalind says "But Hayley is not a hybrid like me"

She looks over at Jackson, who seems confused, before continuing her pitch.

"Jackson is your Alpha. Now, I don't know how many of you bought the story you grew up with, the Unification myth. Well, it is all true" she says.

The crowd starts to whisper among themselves. Jackson looks over at Rosalind, even more confused along with Hayley.

"Which means...if Jackson and I get married, anyone with the guts to turn up to the ceremony has as much control over their wolf form as I do" she completes.

The Crescents start to whisper louder amongst themselves as Jackson turns to Rosalind with a shocked look while Hayley glares furiously at her sister for hiding this from her.

"Rosie, what are you doing?" Jackson whispered.

"Rosalind! No!" Hayley says sternly.

The blonde only raises her hand to stop them from talking.

She wasn't going to let anyone be tortured by crazy witches anymore.

"What needs to be done" Rosalind says, more to herself than anyone else.

They look at each other for a long moment before Rosalind turns to address the crowd.

"This isn't just about uniting our pack. It's about forming a new community" Rosalind says in clearly authority.

Jackson, still clearly shocked by this revelation, rolls with Rosalind's plan and walks toward Rosalind to put an arm around her.

"This ceremony will change everything for us. It will give us the strength we need to defend ourselves" Jackson says.

Hayley walks over them and snatches his arms off her sister.

"What do you think you're doing?" she asks angrily "this is not her burden to bear"

Rosalind turns to Hayley.

"I am doing this for us, Hayley" she says "I couldn't protect you and stand by your side before, so I am doing this now and no one, and I mean no one will make me change my mind"

Hayley's eyes watered, feeling guilty for not being able to do anything for Rosalind, but also for feeling in family, for finally having the feeling of belonging to somewhere, with someone who truly cares for her.

In the audience, Aiden looks at his moonlight ring nervously.

"Then, and only then, can we finally have peace" Jackson continues.

Rosalind kisses Hayley's forehead while the brunette wipes her tears away.

The blonde walks down the steps to face the Crescents.

"The choice is yours. Keep the rings and be somebody's bitch, or be part of the greatest pack that ever lived" she says in a serious tone.

The Crescents begin to chatter amongst themselves as Aiden rises to his feet to join Rosalind, Hayley and Jackson at the front of the room.

"I'm in!" Aiden smiles happily at Rosalind.

Jackson grins, happy at this news, and nods at him in confirmation. Aiden takes off his moonlight ring and drops it onto the floor. Rosalind smiles at Jackson, but Hayley still doesn't look fine with it, she wouldn't let her sister sacrifice her happiness again. Not this time.

...Out-Of-Time Diner...

Rebekah finally comes out of the bathroom after changing the babies' diapers and returns to the table with Elijah. Hope begins to whine restlessly, alerting Elijah to their return. He stands to help her put Hope and Theodore back into their respective carriers.

"Well, they're all sorted, and ready for an adventure! Aren't you, my lovelies?" Rebekah asks them as she looks with the biggest smile, even though she was worried as hell for Elijah, she couldn't contain the smiles forming on her face every time she sees them.

Theodore laughs happily, almost like he was answering her.

Elijah smiles and watches as Rebekah settles them into their sits.

"It's difficult to believe we were this innocent once" He sighs deeply "We mustn't let the world ever hurt them"

Rebekah comes up behind Elijah and watches him suspiciously as she rubs his arm.

"You're right. We mustn't" Rebekah says.

She quickly grabs Elijah by the chin and snaps his neck, allowing him to fall to the floor, unconscious. She sighs and looks overwhelmed.

...St Anne's Church...

The Crescents have just taken off after the meeting, leaving Rosalind, Hayley and Jackson to discuss everything at the altar.

"I'm sorry I sprung that on you" Rosalind says to Jackson and Hayley cleared her throat "on both of you"

"You know, I always thought it would be me popping the question instead of being the one put on the spot" he says shyly "and never passed through my mind it would be my brother's wife-to-be"

"Because it won't" Hayley says sternly.

Rosalind glares at her and Jackson backs away a little confused.

"Hayley..." Rosalind tries.

"No! I told you once and apparently I need to tell you twice...No! No and No!" she says.

"Do you have any other idea then?" Rosalind crosses her arms over her chest.

Hayley huffs and runs her hand through her hair.

"That's what I thought" Rosalind says.

"I might not know a better solution right now, but I will find one that does not includes you sacrificing yourself over and over again" Hayley says and turns to Jackson "I am sorry Jack, but my sister won't be your wife anytime soon"

"Enough Hayley!" Rosalind raises her voice.

"Enough you!" Hayley points at her "There's must be some witchy stuff we can do to ensure your abilities to the pack without having to drag you entirely into this"

Jackson frowned at her speech. He wouldn't say it out loud, but he was very happy at Rosalind's decision on marry him, since he was in fact in love with her and after Hayley's intervention, he couldn't help but feel disappointed.

Rosalind just sighs frustrated and rubs her temples.

...Mikaelson Compound...

Klaus was still on his mission with Kol and Finn, when suddenly his phone starts to ring. It's Rebekah, calling from the diner on Elijah's phone.

"Where have you been?" he asks annoyed.

"Nik, it's me. Something's wrong. Elijah slaughtered a dozen people, whose only sin was their terrible taste in food. I mean, when have you known him to kill when he could otherwise compel? It's the kind of act that will draw our mother's attention" Rebekah says frantically.

"Her torture must have affected him more deeply than I'd realized. Where is he now?" Klaus sighs in horror.

"I broke his neck to keep them safe, but I have no clue what to do next" Rebekah says desperately. Her biggest treasures just sleeping in the back of her car.

Klaus walks purposefully down the stairs.

"Do you recall where we dined the Christmas after we fled Mikael?" Klaus asks.

"Of course..." Rebekah was cut off.

"Go there. Now" Klaus interrupted.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Rosalind, after leaving Hayley and Jackson to talk to each other about the Unification Ritual, returned to the compound to speak with Klaus and Elijah about it. She really could use some advice.

Klaus is just about to leave the compound when he runs into Rosalind and smiles at her.

"Hey! have you seen Elijah? There's something I need to tell you both" Rosalind says nervously, something he would've been eager to know the reason if he wasn't too anxiously to see two little creatures.

"You can tell me on the way, my love" he says and she frowned.

"What? Where are we going?" she asks confused.

Klaus turns toward her breathlessly, looking happy as he cups her face.

"To see our children" he says happily and her world stopped.

They stare at each other for a moment, stunned, until Rosalind finally came back to her senses and a single tear from happiness fell from her eye.

Unable to utter a single world, she just nods happily and they both rushed out of the compound as quick as possible.

Finally they'd be able to see their children. Something that they had been dreaming about for months, was becoming truth.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I'm really happy for being able to update the story more often.

Next chapter we have family reunion!!!

Don't forget to vote!!!

💖💖

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 3.5K 37
Cassiana Gilbert. She's different, according to the original hybrid. She has something in her that sparks and ignites. It draws him in like a light d...
16.2K 486 28
You know the Mikaelson's story but you don't know mine. My name is Y/n, twin sister of Tatia we are the original doppelgangers . We look nothing alik...
10K 316 23
ミ★ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 a sarcastic blonde whose haunted by the dead meets a boy with a perfect smile who just so happens to be haunted by his past? Wi...
404K 5.5K 99
Just some imagines of the originals I find online. If you see your imagine don't get upset and try to have me blocked or whatever, just let me know w...