𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡...

By rositaespinosas

the devil all the time | ❝ some people were born just so they can be buried ❞ The Lyons are back and they're... More

before we begin
SUMMARY | CAST
CAST pt 2
01 | the devil all the time
02 | dreading tomorrow
03 | super cheating bros
04 | daddy's home
05 | reunited and it feels so bad
06 | dark times
07 | white chicks
08 | dna test
09 | major mess up
10 | wrong priorities
11 | tracker
12 | no love
13 | whatever it takes
14 | for sure
15 | handle it
16 | new wife
17 | war
18 | no secrets
19 | so cold
20 | wild daughter
21 | mobsters
22 | ghostwriter
23 | the next el diablo
24 | all facts
25 | regret in your tears
26 | catching on
27 | corruption
28 | and then there were five...
29 | jamonalty
30 | sunday beatdowns
31 | blood pouring like a river...
32 | flip the script
33 | bad daddy
34 | the only way
35 | casualty
36 | getting real
37 | bad influence
38 | two lyon members
39 | interrogation
40 | family meeting
41 | instagram official
42 | two favorite girls
43 | unwanted
44 | double agent
45 | bad guys
46 | swear
47 | coparenting
48 | cover up
49 | distractions
50 | worked up
51 | tiana vs star
52 | wishing
53 | striking again
54 | meeting
55 | ballsy
56 | engaged
57 | tantrum
58 | the job is done
59 | ratchet life
60 | all nite
61 | cut it off
62 | affair
63 | second chances
64 | get your own
65 | player
66 | way too close
67 | alex vs royalty
68 | protector
69 | partner's in crime
70 | prove himself
71 | mission accomplished
72 | psycho killer
73 | and then there were four...
74 | job well done
75 | tragic family day
76 | hospital visit
77 | and then there were three...
78 | el diablo is to thank
79 | sharpshooter
80 | la diabla
81 | final farewell
82 | and then there were two...
THE DEVIL'S MARK
01 | interrogations
02 | family gossip
03 | church
04 | up to no good
05 | tragic
06 | not okay
07 | bad news
08 | believe that
09 | they're in
11 | tripping
12 | interviews and a dinner
13 | it's a wrap
14 | flops
15 | crazy asses
16 | bunch of fools
17 | a quick fix
18 | done with everyone
19 | chocolate vs vanilla
20 | the end of starkeem

10 | late night chat

180 11 106
By rositaespinosas

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER TEN :
LATE NIGHT CHAT

╚──────────────────────╝

Jamal and Cotton were both present at Empire. She was telling him something, and his eyes were on her, but his ears weren't paying attention to what she was saying since the devil was haunting his thoughts.

He had the audacity to claim that Jamal would eventually ask him to kill someone. Is he insane? Jamal didn't know why it was so difficult for that man to accept that he'll never let him be his shooter. However, Lucious warned him that Maurice might try to seek revenge on him for dating Cotton, and Jamal believed that was true.

Maurice was literally stalking him while he was at the store three days ago. Jamal recalled Maurice's grave warning. "You and Cotton aren't going to be together forever. So enjoy it while you can." Maurice sounded so sinister that Jamal had to whip out his phone and call Cotton afterwards.

He warned her that they needed to keep an eye out for Maurice, and she just replied, "Okay." After that, they swept the situation under the rug, but Jamal was always on the lookout for Maurice since he suspected his ass was plotting somewhere. And if he does make a move, Jamal planned on handling it himself. He wasn't running to Lucious's ass.

Cotton continued to ramble, but she soon realized he wasn't paying attention to her. She snapped her fingers in his face, jerking him out of his thoughts. He admitted to not hearing a word she said because he had a lot on his mind. Cotton was aware of what was bothering him. "Is this about Maurice again?"

Of course it was. "He was following me, Cotton. He wants to take me down."

"Maurice isn't touching you. He knows better, since your father is El Diablo. Maurice is terrified of him."

First of all, El Diablo is not his father. Second, she's correct. Everyone is terrified of him, except Jamal. "Well, Hakeem and Cookie are turning out to be exactly like that man."

"What did they do?"

Jamal realized he'd said too much. He trusted Cotton enough to inform her that Hakeem and Cookie were responsible for Edward and Diana's murders, but he knew bringing other people into their family business would be a bad idea. "It's best if I don't say anything. All I know is that they did some fucked up shit and I'm upset."

Cotton's voice wavered as she questioned him. "How fucked up are we talking?"

"El Diablo level."

"Aw, hell na! That's massive!"

Jamal nodded. His skin grew hot just thinking about his dumb family. He lived in a house with people he didn't trust! He wasn't even sure if he could rely on Andre because he was never around! Only Royalty was normal. "Yeah, it is tragic. Cookie wants to host a family dinner to smooth things over with me, and I don't want to go. Nothing she says will make me forgive her."

Cotton's expression told him she was about to side with Cookie. "Don't you think you're being unfair? She's your mother, Jamal."

"Na. I'm currently motherless."

"Okay, stop," Cotton said sternly. "Stop disowning your family because one thing I've learned over the last several weeks is that family is everything. I lost my aunt and will never see her again, but your mother is still alive. Who knows how long it will stay that way? So you have to cherish every minute with her and the rest of your family. I mean, didn't your brother recently pass away?"

Yeah. Because of Lucious. That man is always responsible for death. "He did, yeah."

"Exactly. You Lyons need to stick together now more than ever," Cotton remarked. "Can you try to listen to Cookie? I'm sure she had good intentions with whatever she did."

That truth made Jamal sigh. Cookie did have a valid reason for wanting Diana dead. Diana had escaped from police custody and was pursuing them, but what Cookie did was still heinous. He'll be mature, though. "Fine. I'll go to the dinner and listen to what they have to say."

"Thank you. Meanwhile, I'll be helping Hunter in planning his birthday celebration on Saturday."

Jamal knitted his brows together. "Who's Hunter?"

"My adoptive brother. He's here with my cousin Angel."

"Oh. I'm excited to meet them."

Cotton burst out laughing, as if it were the funniest thing she'd ever heard. "Believe me. Hunter is not someone you want to meet. Nobody likes him." Jamal was going to avoid Hunter if that was the case. "Anyway, would you like to be my date to the party?"

Obviously, Jamal agreed. Cotton grinned and pecked him on the lips. He became concerned when she moved back, because she was staring behind him with a bewildered expression on her face. "Uh. When did they become friends?"

That caused him to turn around. The first thing he noticed were Maurice and Raven strolling through Empire, smirking at them. Jamal shared Cotton's bewildered expression, alarmed. What the hell do they think they're doing?

"Don't tell me they date," Cotton grumbled.

"No. I don't think they date." But Jamal was well aware of what they were doing. Plotting.

"Get in the car, Bella!" Hakeem demanded.

"No daddy, look!"

Hell no. He wasn't looking at that shit again. Hakeem forced himself to wake up so he wouldn't have another nightmare about Bella shooting Edward. He couldn't handle it. The fact that his daughter was a devil was too much for him to handle.

It's the third time he's had that nightmare. He didn't know how to stop it. Maybe he can't until he gets Bella back, but he can't get her back for who knows how long! It sucks! He missed her! So much that he reached for his phone and scrolled through his contacts to get to Tiana. He called her because she had to be feeling the same emptiness and remorse as him. He needed someone to vent to.

Tiana answered the phone, not sounding tired in the slightest. Was she already awake? "Hakeem?"

"Tiana, I'm coming over."

-

Hakeem and Tiana soon found themselves outside of her crib. He sat on her front steps, peering out into the darkness. Tiana stood at the top of the stairs, her robe wrapped around her. "Would you like to explain why we're out here in the middle of the night?"

As he replied, Hakeem kept his gaze forward. "I keep getting nightmares, Tiana. Of everything that transpired last week, but mostly about Bella shooting that man. I can't get it out of my head."

"It won't happen again. She's getting help now."

He could tell she was attempting to console him, but it wasn't working. As he shook his head, stinging tears welled up in his eyes. He tried to keep them at bay, but he might let them escape because Bella could take years to get better. He needed her right now. "I really miss her, T." As he spoke, his voice broke as he looked up at her. "I need her back!"

Tiana could see his glossy eyes now that she was sitting next to him. She held him in a soothing manner, but she too needed the comfort. "I miss her too. I haven't gotten much sleep because we have no idea how she's doing."

Hakeem sucked his teeth, his sadness giving way to shame. He was extremely regretful about his decisions. "Man, we gave up on her so quickly. I feel like shit."

"I felt the same way, but we had to do it, Keem. We had to save her."

"But what if she can't be saved, T?" he responded, locking eyes with her. "What if Lucious is right? What if we Lyons are meant to be evil shitheads?"

Tiana's voice rose an octave, irritated with him. "Okay, stop. That man is never right about anything. Just because he's evil, doesn't mean the rest of you have to be."

Hakeem shrugged, diverting his sight to the ground in front of them. "Well, Lucious was right about one thing. Because of me, Bella has blood on her hands." He shook his head, his dejection gradually returning. "I should've left it to the cops."

Tiana held him even more tightly, and it didn't feel strange at all. It felt...right? Thankfully, Star wasn't around, otherwise she'd be tripping over nothing. "Hey, relax," Tiana cooed, turning his head to force him to look at her. "All you wanted to do was keep us safe. I'll never be mad at you for that, and neither will Bella."

"So you don't think I'm to blame for this?"

"The only person I blame is Edward. He's the one who pulled the trigger." Those words lifted his spirits for the first time tonight. He smiled at her, and she returned the gesture. "So, don't be too hard on yourself."

Hakeem nodded, and neither of them said anything else. Tiana held him tighter, resting her head on his shoulder. He did nothing but stare into the distance, occasionally seeing a car pass by. Is it a bad thing that he didn't want to leave this position? Tiana's presence was soothing, but he should probably go home before someone notices them and reports back to Star. He didn't want to hear her mouth.

"I better get going." Tiana got off him as he began to stand. "I'm still not sure if I'll be able to sleep."

It surprised him when she asked, "Do you want to stay here?"

Hakeem appreciated the offer, but he had to decline. Because, once again. Star. "I would, but I have a girlfriend and—"

"Oh. Right. Star." Hakeem could tell she was trying hard not to say anything rude. "I nearly forgot."

"Yeah...but thanks. I really needed to talk to someone."

"You could've talked to your family," she said.

"Na, I'd rather talk to you." As he spoke, he motioned towards her, his voice relaxed and sweet. He meant that shit too. Tiana was going to be his go-to person whenever he needed a shoulder to lean on. She helped him out big time.

Tiana lowered her head, but he could still see the grin on her face. He chuckled to himself, knowing she was blushing and trying to hide it. His chuckle caused her to raise her head, her grin now aimed at him. He grinned as well and should've been leaving, but instead, they became engrossed in each other's eyes.

He couldn't look away, and she couldn't either. The only thing that made him look elsewhere was the distant sound of what sounded like a gunshot. Hakeem jumped out of his skin, his eyes darting around, seeing nothing because it was too damn dark. Is that Edward again? No, he's dead. Maybe one of his homies is coming to finish the job?

What should they do? Run inside? No, fuck that. That's some cowardly shit. Edward's homies will have to go through him if they want to get to Tiana. Hakeem wasn't even worried about taking another bullet, because they wouldn't get the chance to pull the trigger. He was going to fuck them up on sight.

He walked down Tiana's steps and stood in the middle of the sidewalk, his fists balled. Where the fuck are they? Are they hiding? Tiana then touched him, and fortunately, he had enough self-control not to swing automatically. He would've punched her. "Uh...are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm waiting for them."

"Who?"

"Edward's homies."

"Keem..." She cast a glance in both directions. "There's no one coming."

He looked around, and she was right. There wasn't a soul in sight. But what about the gunshot...or was he imagining things? Based on the concern on Tiana's face, he was definitely imagining things. Great. She probably thinks he has PTSD too.

He sighed, embarrassed. "I'mma go."

And he really did walk off. He could feel Tiana watching him and it took everything he had not to turn around, but he succumbed to the urge. Tiana waved goodbye before disappearing into her house, leaving Hakeem standing there with a sad smile because he really didn't want to leave, but he had to.

Do you think Takeem is endgame? Or Starkeem?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 535 14
{BOOK 2} It's been months since Empire was taken away from Lucious Lyon and the rest of the Lyon family. Ne'veah Summers is determined to help the on...
15.3K 493 17
It has been 3 months since Lucious Lyon has been in jail and the Lyon family have been living without the devil himself . that's until an unknown per...
19.6K 410 65
Yn Ash ~20 yrs old ~No family[passed] ~Singer,Songwriter,Dancer ~Baddie My own work but some stuff is fr...
6.3K 186 10
In "Sweet Melodies," follow the rise of Hakeem's twin sister as a formidable singer in the cutthroat world of the music industry. With the same fiery...