The Truth of a Secret

By MENDES_Espinosababe

As Zoey begins High school she has a lot on her mind. Just the normal stuff: boys, fashion, grades, and volle... More

Chapter 1: the beggining
Chapter 2: The Secret
Chapter 3: The Truth
Chapter 4: The Effect
Chapter 5: New Secrets
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Authors Note
Chapter 52
Second Book?
Secrets Kill

Chapter 47

772 15 38
By MENDES_Espinosababe

--------Zoey's POV--------

As everyone filed out of the house, we started to plan who was going with who.

Everyone was talking and trying to listen to everyone. "I'll drive!" "I don't know where we are going." "Wait who am I with?" "What's the address again?" "I don't want to drive so you can."

Obviously we weren't getting anywhere with this plan, so I decided to take matters into my own hands.

"Ok, everyone shut up for a second." Only a few people listened. "Shut up!" Cameron yelled, gaining everyone's attention.

"Thanks Cam. So who wants to drive?" I asked trying to decide how many cars we need.

Cameron, Jack Gilinsky, Taylor, and Carter raised their hands. "Ok, let's see here. Jack, Jack, Madison, and Carter in one car. You can decide who drives." I said pointing out who I just called.

I wasn't too happy that Madison Beer was at my house right now, but it's Jack's girlfriend so I just need to suck it up.

"Taylor, Aaron, Lindsay, Abbs, and Shawn go together." I said sending them to a car.

"And I guess everyone else is with Cameron." I said walking towards Cameron's truck.

Cameron drove, I was in the passenger seat, and Nash, Matt and Hayes were in the back.

Once we pulled up to the facility where the laser tag was at we as piled out of the truck and met up with the others.

We all went inside and paid for the all access passes. The facility contained laser tag, an arcade, a bowling alley, mini golf, rock wall, and go karts.

With the all access passes, you could do everything so that's what we chose. After everyone paid, Nash went and scheduled our own private laser tag game. The game wouldn't start for an hour and a half.

We all decided to split up and do whatever, and meet up again in an hour and fifteen minutes.

I went with Cameron, Nash, Hayes, and Aaron to the go karts were we all got into our vehicles and raced. I ended up in third place while Nash came in second and Hayes in first.

"I swear the Griers' are cheaters." Cameron joked as we existed the racetrack. "You're just mad because you got beat by a girl." I said laughing.

"No, my sister beats me all the time. I'm mad because I lost to Nash." Cameron laughed.

That caused everyone to laugh. "Nash is terrible." Aaron said. "Really? Then how did i beat everyone?" Nash defended himself.

"Everyone but me." Hayes interjected. "That's only because all you do is play video games. That was probably not challenge for you." Nash fired back.

"True, but you were struggling a whole lot. I'm pretty sure Zoey could beat you with no trouble." Hayes continued.

"Can't you two leave me out of it for once?" I complained. "Nope." Hayes smiled me. "Well thanks bro." I said wrapping one of my arms around his shoulder.

"No prob sis." Hayes laughed putting his arm around my shoulder. "Relationship goals." Cameron said in a girly voice.

"Of course we are." I said jokingly. We all laughed and continued into the arcade. I noticed Lindsay and Shawn were over by the air hockey table.

I made my way over to them and watched them go head to head. Shawn ended up winning and did a victory dance.

Lindsay then began acting like she was pouting. Shawn walked over to her and gave her a big hug.

"How cute are you guys?" I laughed. "The cutest." Lindsay giggled. "Well, I'd love to stay and chat but I better go." I smiled and walked away from them and towards some of the guys.

Taylor, Jack Johnson, Aaron, and Nash. "Well if it isn't the missing Grier." Taylor laughed putting his arm around me.

"How am I missing?" I asked a little bit confused. "We never see you anymore because every time we are over you're in your room." He answered.

"But I'm still not missing." I stated. "It feels like you are though." Johnson tried to explain.

I nodded my head and listened to the guys as the went back to their conversation. They were talking about tours and stuff like that.

"Jack and I are planning on shooting a new music video in a couple weeks so it'll be awhile till we can do this again." Johnson said.

"Yeah, I start touring again next week. I'm planning on going to Europe soon." Taylor added. "And I'll be joining Digi tour with Hayes." Aaron said.

"I still have to plan out all my dates for tour and I have an audition coming up." Nash explained. "What about you Zo? You planning on doing anything?" Taylor asked.

"Well I was offered to join Hayes on his next tour, but I don't know. I just wanna focus on school right now and everything. I'm still getting used to this new life." I laughed.

"Hey laser tag is starting soon." Matt said jogging over to us. I looked up and saw his deep, dark brown eyes looking straight at me.

"Oh, thanks man." Johnson said checking his phone. They all started to walk towards the entrance to the laser tag but Matt stayed.

"Hey." He said once no one was around. "Hi." I spoke weakly. "How are you?" He asked, not breaking eye contact.

"Better." Was all I could say. "Good." He said with a small smile. "How about you?" I asked, not wanting the conversation to end.

We haven't talked in so long that it felt like he was speaking some foreign language, but yet it was so natural at the same time.

"I've been worse." He said. I nodded and looked over at the laser tags entrance and saw Hayes waving at us. "We better go." I said motioning towards Hayes.

"You're right." He laughed. We made our way over to them and joined the line.

Neither one of us said anything else. After standing in line for a few minutes the worker lead us into a room. Along the walls were vests and laser gun hung up. Everyone grabbed one of each and put on the vest.

The worker explained all of the rules and how to win. We would all be on two teams but the top scorer of each team would have to face off at the end.

One of the twists was that we wouldn't know what team we would be on till the game actually started.

We all entered the actually room where there were a bunch of different buildings and structures to hide in or behind. The walls were black with neon splattered paint. We all kind of spilt up as the speakers began counting down from 50.

I ran towards the back right corner and slid into a structure that was made to hide one person. It was a small space and nobody could see you. There were a few holes so that I could see when someone walked by.

Once the buzzer went off that declared that the game had begun. Immediately my vest lit up red. I stood turned toward one of the holes watching for someone to walk by.

Almost immediately, someone on the blue team walked by. I aimed my gun through one of the hole and shot the person. I couldn't tell who they were until I saw their red vans.

Taylor. I kept hitting him and he got confused at where the shots were coming from.

"What in the world." He yelled before running away. Which of course, made me giggle. I quickly forced myself to stop before I was caught.

I slowly slide out of the structure and ran towards the middle. I ended up getting caught in the maze and had to carefully make my way out before being caught by someone.

I ended up at one of the buildings that lead to the second floor. I started to climb the ladder that lead to the top of the building when I heard laughter coming from behind me.

I looked over to see Abbs and Johnson talking. I quickly shot them both a couple times till the saw me and attempted to get me back.

I took off running back into the maze. They couldn't see me so I was safe, for now.

I made my way through the maze until I reached the end. Not to many people went into the maze because once you were in it, you weren't getting out for a while.

I continued to sneak up on people and shoot them. It was actually really funny because most of them never even knew that it was me.

I finally ended up in the second floor, shooting everyone below me. I couldn't find anyone else on the floor, so I figured I was alone.

That was until I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I quickly turned around with my gun held up.

It was Matt.

"Whoa there." He chuckled. I looked down at his vest, it was red. "Sorry." I said pointing my gun towards the floor.

He walked over to me and leaned on the railing. I did the same. "Look there." Matt said pointing his gun towards someone on the blue team.

I pointed out someone else. We both started shooting a person. I started laughing when I realized that mine was Aaron.

"Aaron is so confused." I laughed. "You should see Nash." Matt chuckled. I giggled at Matt. He was just so cute.

Wait, did I really just admit that? Whoops.

"Switch?" He asked. "Why would I turn down a chance to make sure my brother lost?" I laughed.

"I have absolutely no clue." Matt said. I could tell he was smiling by the tone of his voice.

"On three, ok?" He instructed. "Got it." I said preparing to switch. "1...2...3." Matt said.

Immediately we turned out guns and started shooting the others person. "Aaron has no clue what's going on ." Matt laughed.

"Nash looks like a dork." I said making fun of my own brothers confusion. We continued to do so until the speaker started buzzing.

"Game over. Please report to the equipment room for scores." The speaker said.

Matt and I made our way back into the lower level. We joined everyone else in the room that we were in earlier. A different worker was waiting for us.

He began handing out pieces of paper that had scores on it. Apparently there were names on our papers.

My name was "Lucky".

I leaned over I look at Matt's paper. "I don't know why you're looking at my score, you beat me bad." Matt laughed.

I quickly compared Matt's score with my own. "Wow." I laughed. "I was actually looking at your name." I said pointing to the text at the top of his paper.

"'Twinkle Toes'" Matt read. I started dying laughing at his name. "That's amazing." I said between laughs.

"Well mines 'Princess'." Cameron announced. We all laughed. The worker turned on a screen that had the top five usernames from each team.

Blue:
5. Mustang (Nash)
4. Barbie (Carter)
3. Striker (Johnson)
2. Princess (Cameron)
1. Warrior- (Hayes)

Red:
5. Mermaid (Lindsay)
4. Rebel (Shawn)
3. Twinkle Toes (Matt)
2. Greaser (Gilinsky)
1. Lucky (Zoey)

After figuring out who was who, we waited for the workers instructions. "Looks like Warrior and Lucky are going head to head. Can I please have you two step forward please."

Hayes and I made our way to the front as the worker began going over all the rules again with us.

"You all may watch them go head to head, but you can not participate. I ask that everyone but Lucky and Warrior put their vests and weapons away." He explained to the group.

Everyone did as they were told and we followed the worker into a smaller room from before. He lead everyone but Hayes and I to a platform above us to watch.

The speaker started counting down and Hayes and I quickly ran away from each other.

After the speaker announced that the game had begun I made my way through the different structures until I saw Hayes's blue light from his vest.

I aimed at him and started shooting his continuously until he turned around and saw me. I took off in the opposite direction as he chased me and attempted to shoot me back.

I quickly hid behind one of the structures and waited for him to walk by.

Eventually he did and I started to shoot him. This time he couldn't figure out where I was.

By the time he found out where I was, the speaker yelled "Game over" declaring me the winner.

We walked back into the equipment room and hung up our vest as the group entered the room.

"And the winner is...Zoey Grace!" Taylor yelled entering the room. After everyone congratulated me I saw Matt waiting in the corner.

I walked over to him which he did the most unexpected thing, he pulled me into a giant hug.

"I miss you Zoey." He mumbled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 87 42
"You know I love you right?" He asked. I smiled. "Yeah." I replied not sure what he was trying to say. "Is something wrong?" I asked turning around...
73.1K 896 54
What happens when nashs younger sister and hayes twin comes with them on magcon and falls in love with 2 of the guys
6.8K 162 39
Julia miner is from Virginia. She is best friends with matthew Espinosa and her life is pretty normal. She has one brother and they look nothing ali...
255K 3.4K 80
When your brother is a famous viner Izzy can't seem to find a reason to brag about it so she keeps it a secret until she goes to Magcon with her frie...