Chapter 22

--------Matt's POV--------

One of the hardest things I've ever had to do was say goodbye. I knew that I would see her tomorrow, but I still wanted to be with her. I wanted to be there for her. I needed to be.

"Ready to go?" Nash asked. "Yeah." I said standing up. We left the airport and went back to the house.

After about an hour we left. I wanted to be there when Zoey got there, but I knew that it wasn't possible.

I was playing with Alfie in passenger seat when Nash pulled up to a house. I recognized it, but why were we here?

"What are we doing here?" "Picking up your sister." Nash said getting out of the car. I took another look at the house. It was Cameron's.

Abbs came running out of the house with Cameron. As they got into the back seat, I started to tense up.

"Why don't I ride in the back." I said getting out of the car. I walked over to Cameron's side. He got out of the car and got into the passenger seat.

Nash got back into the car and pulled out of Cameron's driveway. Finally, we were on our way to Tennessee. We were on our way to Zoey.

--------Zoey's POV--------

I was woken up by one of the flight attendants. The plane was landing soon. I woke up Hayes and we just sat there.

Once the plane landed, we got our luggage. My aunt was waiting for us there. After we all got something to eat we left to go to the hospital.

My aunt dropped us off there and told us she would be there in a few hours. After she gave us all the information about the room and how to get there, Hayes and I went into the hospital.

I was sitting in the waiting room when I felt my phone vibrate. It was a text from Matt.

Matt: Bagels are cool.

I couldn't help but start laughing.

Zoey: Good to know.
Matt: Where are you?
Zoey: The hospital. I wish you were here.
Matt: Me too. But I'm on my way with Nash.
Zoey: ok. I better go. We are about to go into Caleb's room.

I looked up to see my mom in the waiting room doorway. "Mom!" I yelled as I ran up to hug her. She wrapped her arms around me. "Mom, this is Hayes." I said motioning to him. My mom hugged him.

"How's Caleb?" I asked. "Better. Do you want to see him? Only two can go in at a time." Hayes and I both nodded.

My mom showed us the room and waited outside. I walked in first, Hayes close behind.