Chapter 42

--------Zoey's POV--------

The car ride home was quite.

I guess nobody knew what to say, or wanted to say the wrong thing.

We finally pulled up the house.

All the guys must be here, there's all kinds of cars lined up down the street so they must be them.

Our neighbors never do anything so it couldn't be theirs.

Once the car stopped, I jumped out and ran inside. I went to open the front door, but it was locked. Of course.

I knocked on the door, and waited for someone to answer.

Soon enough, Aaron opened the door.

I walked into the house to find all the guys in the living room.

"Hey Zo!" One of them yelled.

I just ignored them and ran upstairs. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone for obvious reasons.

I ran into my room and slammed the door behind. If they didn't already get the hint that I didn't want to be disturbed, then they did now.

I flopped down on my bed and buried my head into my pillow. I just wanted to be alone.

I stayed like that for about a good 10 minutes until I heard something at my door.

"Go away." I mumbled.

But, the noise didn't stop. I got up and threw open my door to find Alfie sitting there scratching at my door.

I picked him up and brought him into my room. I laid on my bed petting Alfie for a while until I heard a knock at my door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Just a friend". A familiar voice responded.

I got up off my bed and made my way towards my door. Once I reached it, I opened it and saw the last person o was expecting to see.

"Surprise!" They yelled bringing me into a giant hug.

--------Matt's POV--------

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Why wouldn't I be here?" She responded, as she sat down in the chair next to my bed.

"So how are you feeling?" She asked.

"Uh, soar and in pain, obviously." I said rolling my eyes.

"Gosh Matt, you're such an idiot. Of course you're in pain. I didn't ask you that. I asked you how you felt."

"Soar." I said rolling my eyes again. What's up with her, like seriously?

"Not physically, mentally." She said hitting my arm.

I flinched of course, I mean seriously, did you have to hit my arm that is kinda causing me pain at the moment?

"I'm fine." I said laying back down. I closed my eyes, hoping that she would get the idea that I wanted to be alone.

"Matt, tell me the truth. I know you better than you know yourself. If you are off, then I know your off. What's going on?" She continued.

Obliviously she wasn't catching on.

"Look, I'm fine. Ok? I don't know about you, but today has been a long day and I would really appreciate it, if you would just leave me alone!" I basically yelled at her.

She looked taken aback by what I had just said. To be honest, I was a little shocked at what had just existed from my own mouth.

I let out a loud sigh and brushed my fingers through my hair.

Next thing I knew, she was up out of her seat and at the door. She reached for the door handle, but before she opened it she spun back around and faced me.

"I hope you're happy with all of your decisions, Matt. I know that you're trying to keep them all a secret, but one day you're going to have to let your feelings out."

She paused and took a deep breath.

"And you know what else? You're not going to always get a second chance. I don't know why you keep letting go of everything that should be important to you. I mean seriously, Matt. You keep pushing us all away.

"You call that 'fine'?"

She then turned back towards the door and opened it.

"Goodbye Matt." Was all I heard before the door was slammed shut.