Chapter 49

--------Zoey's POV--------

And for a while, everything felt like nothing bad ever happened.

That was until we pulled up to the house. We were the last ones home and apparently we had missed some kind of blow out.

But lucky for us, it looked like it was about to be a fight. I couldn't tell who and had no clue about what it was about. All I knew was that I was not in the best shape to put up with all of this.

I got out of the car and followed behind Matt while he still held my hand. Nash and Cameron began to jog over to the group.

Matt picked up his pace so I had to do the same. We soon met with the rest of the crowd and I realized that it was Jack and Jack in the middle, yelling at each other.

All of a sudden Gilinsky shoved Johnson backwards. Johnson stumbled, but caught himself.

He stood straight up as Gilinsky came towards him. "Why did you do it!?" He yelled in Johnson's face.

"Like I said, I didn't do anything!" Johnson fired back, not backing down. "You sure about that?" Gilinsky asked sarcastically.

"Dude, she's your chic. Why would I hit on her?" Johnson yelled. "That's what is so messed up!" Gilinsky screamed swinging his fist in Johnson's direction.

I gasped and Matt pulled me into his chest, shielding me from the scene but I still watching as Gilinsky's fist made contact with Johnson's jaw.

Johnson fell to the ground since he had been caught off guard. That's when some of the guys stepped in.

Nash began trying to get Gilinsky away from the group while Cameron and Taylor helped Johnson back onto his feet.

"What's going on?" I asked Matt. "I have absolutely no clue. Stay here." He said letting go of me.

I watched him as he made his way over to Shawn. They started talking and soon enough, Matt was right back at my side.

"Shawn isn't too sure what started the fight, but he knows that it has something to do with Madison." Matt explained.

"Are you serious?" I asked confused. Matt nodded. "They are like best friends then they go and fight over some girl? That's ridiculous." I said raising my voice.

All of a sudden I heard a crash. I turned around to see Gilinsky on top of Johnson. He was throwing punches at him while Nash, Cameron, and Taylor tried to pull him off of Johnson.

I looked to Matt who was already heading over to the group. Within seconds Matt was helping the guys to get Gilinsky up.

Finally they managed to pull Jack off of Jack. I watched as Jack G was pulled to the side and Jack J was helped back to his feet.

"I'm done!" Jack G yelled as he made his way to his car. I noticed that Madison was following him.

I watched them both get into his car and pull off. I was so shocked and had no clue what to do.

I decided just to go ahead inside and get away from everything. I made my way to the front door and entered the house.

I was about to go upstairs but I saw the TV on in the living room. I walked over to the couch and saw Hayes laying there on his phone.

"Have you been in here the whole time?" I asked. "Yup. I did not want to get involved in whatever was going on out there." He said as he continued to scroll through Instagram.

I nodded and sat down on the opposite end of the couch. "By the way, what was going on?" Hayes asked as he sat up.

"To be honest, I'm still not really sure. Jack G punched Jack J in the jaw and then attacked him. Then after Nash and Matt got him off of Jack he got in his car with Madison and drove off." I explained the best that I could.

"Seriously?" Hayes asked. I nodded. "It was so weird. I didn't even believe it was them fighting at first." I said.

"And that's all that happened? Nothing else was said or done?" Hayes asked getting more confused.

"Pretty much, but Jack J did say something along the lines of 'Dude she's yours, why would I want her?' Or something like that. This night is kinda a blur."

"Well, you should go to bed. I'm sure the others will be in here soon." Hayes said standing up.

I nodded and did the same. I made my way to the stairs and walked up to my bedroom. I quickly changed into an old t-shirt and pajama shorts.

Then I pulled my hair into a messy bun and brushed my teeth. After that, I took off my makeup and pulled my phone into my charger.

eruI flipped down on my bed and turned on the tv. I started watching a random show as I scrolled through Instagram and Twitter.

As I began going through Twitter I saw a whole lot of notifications. I decided to look at some.

Most of them were pictures and videos of the guys and myself from earlier. There were a lot of really sweet captions and things from fans.

As I continued to scroll through my notifications I saw pictures and videos of me being tripped.

And of course there were the hate comments about me to go along with them. It was mostly to usual stuff so I wasn't really offended.

I was interrupted by a knock on my door. "Come in." I said turning my phone of and setting it on my nightstand.

The door opened to reveal Matt. "Hey" He said stepping into my room. "Hey." I said sitting up. "How are you?" He asked rocking back on his heels.

"Good. How'd everything work out, you know with the..." I trailed off. "Ok, I guess." He said looking around my room.

"Why don't you have a seat." I said patting a spot in front of me. Matt nodded and walked over to the bed and sat on the spot I had mentioned.

We talked for a little while about everything we'd been up to lately and what we were planning on doing about tours and stuff.

"I should probably go. I have a flight tomorrow and I don't want to miss it." Matt said looking at the time on his phone.

"Yeah, I need to go to bed too. I really need some sleep." I agreed. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow." Matt said standing up off my bed.

"Yeah, I guess." I said sitting up. Matt made his way to the door and was about to open it.

"Matt, wait." I blurted. Matt turned around and looked at me. "Yeah?" He asked.

"I'm really going to miss having you around all the time." I blushed. Matt chuckled and walked back over to me.

"I'm really going to miss you too." He said with a big smile. "I wish you didn't have to leave so soon." I admitted.

"I do too. It would be so amazing to spend just a few more days with an amazing girl like you." He said.

I could feel myself blush as a giant smile spread across my face. I looked at Matt who had the exact same smile.

"I really should go though." Matt announced. "Yeah, but I don't want you too." I pouted. "Me neither." Matt said.

"Goodnight, Matthew Lee." I smiled at him. "And goodnight to you too Zoey Grace." Matt said.

Right before Matt was about to leave he bent down and kisses my forehead lightly. I could feel a smile creep across my face.

Matt smiled at me and then turned to leave. After my door was shut I did the girly scream that we all do when a guy does something cute.

I couldn't believe that Matt still had feelings for me. I mean my feelings toward him never changed but I didn't think he still felt the same.

Maybe there was a chance for him and I after all.