Chapter 27

--------Zoey's POV--------

I woke up saw that it was 9:30. I went downstairs and took a shower. Then I put on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

I was laying in the couch when I saw a text from Grey.

Grey: Left early, at the hospital. Nash will bring you later.

________3 hours later________

I woke up and saw Hayes sitting in a chair beside me. He was on his phone with his earbuds in. He was already dressed. I looked at my phone.

It was 12:30. He usually wasn't up this early. I sat up and Matt came into the room. He must have just gotten out of the shower because his hair was wet.

"Good morning, sunshine." Matt said sitting down beside me. I rolled my eyes. "I'm hungry." I complained. "Nash went to get food. We'll go to the hospital when he gets back." Matt said leaning back.

________30 minutes later_______

Nash pulled up to the entrance of the hospital. Hayes and I got out. Matt and Nash were going to park.

As we made our way to the elevator, I had this weird feeling. Something wasn't right. As we arrived to Caleb's floor I still couldn't shake the feeling.

I did my bet to ignore it as I entered the waiting room. Greyson and my aunt were sitting in the corner. Hayes and I made our way to them.

I sat down on a couch next to Grey, and Hayes sat in the chair beside us. About 10 minutes later, Nash, Matt, Cameron, and Abbs walked into the waiting room.

Grey stood up and moved to sit by my aunt so that Matt could sit beside. Nash sat across from me and Cameron say beside him. Abbs sat down next to Matt. Her and Cameron both seemed ticked.

"What's wrong with them?" I whispered to Matt. "Oh, they are just fighting. Nothing unusual." Matt laughed.

Abbs shot him a look and he immediately stopped. It was awkwardly quiet after that. Matt and I made eye contact, and started laughing.

At that moment, my mom walked into the room. I could tell that she'd been crying.

"What's wrong?" I said worriedly. "It's Caleb." She barely got it out before she started to sob. Matt imminently grabbed my hand.

"Wha-what about him?" I quickly stuttered out. "He might have a brain injury." My mom said in between sobs.

My aunt ran over to her and hugged her. I looked over at Greyson, a tear fell down him cheek. I turned to Hayes, and he looked just a shocked as me.

"H-how can that even b-be possible? H-he was f-fine yesterday." I stuttered out. Matt squeezed my hand.

My mom shook her head. At that moment a nurse walked into the waiting room and escorted my mom out. I didn't understand what was going on.

Matt leaned in and whispered into my ear "It's ok. Everything will be ok." I wanted to say something back, but I couldn't.

I couldn't even move. It was like I was frozen in one spot. All I could was sit there.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek, but Matt quickly wiped it away. I turned to him. "It's going to be ok." Matt said wrapping his arms around me.

At that point, I lost it. I felt tears start to just flow out and I couldn't control it. Matt patted my back and tried to calm me down.

After a while, I felt my eyes get heavy. I laid my head on Matt's shoulder. Soon enough, I was asleep.