Chapter 40

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

There laid Matt in a hospital bed.

He had all kinds of tubes connected to machines coming out of his arms. His right leg was in a cast and his left arm in a sling.

I gasped when I saw his black eye.

"Oh Matt." I said quietly, as I walked over to the side of his bed.

His eyes fluttered open and he attempted to sit up. I tried to help him, but the second I touched his arm he flinched.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." I apologized. "No, it's not your fault. My arm's just sore." Matt explained.

"Oh, well how are you feeling?" I asked. "Alright I guess." He said. "Did you come by yourself?" He questioned looking around the room.

"No, Cameron, Nash, Hayes, Jack, Jack, Aaron, and Taylor are all here." I explained. "Cool." Matt said.

"Nash called your parents, so I'm pretty sure that they're on their way." I smiled.

"Ok." Matt said staring out the window. "What's going on with you?" I asked sitting on the edge of his bed.

"I'm in the hospital." Matt said bluntly. "You know what I mean, Matt." I said turning his head to face me.

"You shouldn't be here." Matt said refusing to look me in the eye.

I was shocked. Did he know all I had to go through to get to see him?! Did he know how much I cared about him? How much I still care about him?!

"What?" I asked. "You heard me." He sat turning back towards the window, obviously avoiding me.

"Tell me to my face." I said sternly. "Zoey," he started. "Please." "Matt, if you want me to leave then look me in the eye and tell me." I said turning his head back towards me.

His dark brown eyes met mine and I immediately fell back in love with them.

Whose to say I ever stopped?

"You need to leave." Matt said. I nodded and stood up. I walked toward the door with my back towards him.

"Goodbye Matt." I said before opening the door and leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this is a short chapter, but I've been really busy lately. I have 6 volleyball practice this week so I probably won't be updating in until this weekend.

After I finish this book, (which will be soon) I'm starting a Shawn Mendes one and I want to include some of my readers!

So if you maybe want to be a character in it, then comment on here what you want your name to be and a description of you!

Anyways, thanks to everyone that has read my book so far! Love y'all!