Chapter 23

--------Matt's POV--------

Abbs was ticked off at me. She wanted to sit by Cameron, but that wasn't going to happen.

I was currently driving and she was in the passenger seat. Nash and Cam were in the backseat, fast asleep.

We had a system, and so far it was working. We all took turns driving. The two people in the back would rest and the passenger would just kind of hang out.

Abbs had her earbuds in and was ignoring me. I pulled over to a gas station and filled the car up. Then I woke up Cameron. It was his turn to drive.

Cameron go into the driver's seat. Abbs was asleep so I decided to leave her in the passenger seat. I got into the back and checked my phone. Zoey had texted me.

Zoey: I just saw Caleb.
Matt: How is he?
Zoey: He's doing ok. He should be fine.

I immediately felt relieved. Caleb was ok. But how was Zoey?

Matt: And how are you?
Zoey: I'm hanging in there.
Matt: I'll be there soon. Don't worry.
Zoey: Good. What's your time?

I checked my phone. Only 4 more hours. Thank goodness.

Matt: About 4 hours.
Zoey: Good! Drive safe!
Matt: We will.
Zoey: Good! Bye!
Matt: See you soon.

I turned my phone off and a few minutes later I was asleep.

____2 hours later____

I woke up to see Nash driving and Cameron in the passenger seat. Abbs was beside me. She was asleep, which was a blessing. I didn't have to hear her complain.

"How much longer?" I asked. "About 30 minutes." Nash said. I leaned up to see that Cameron was asleep. "What do you think he's dreaming about?" Nash asked laughing.

I started to think. "Baby chipmunks eating bird crap." I said leaning back. "Nah, hedgehogs smelling penguins." Nash laughed.

"You're both wrong, I was dreaming about porcupines rapping." Cameron laughed as he started to wake up. "Seriously? Cuz that's awesome." I laughed. Cameron nodded.

I turned on my phone to see a ton of texts.

Zoey: How much longer?
Zoey: Are you almost here?
Zoey: Matt is everything ok?
Zoey: Matt I need you.
Zoey: Matt something is wrong.
Zoey: Matt?

I called Zoey immediately. She didn't answer. What was going on? Something must really be wrong. I tried to call her a few more times, nothing.

"Nash, something's wrong. Zoey isn't answering her phone and she texted me an hour ago saying that she needed me." I said nervously.

"Stay calm. Try calling Hayes. He'll answer." Nash said. I could tell he was nervous too. I dialed Hayes's number and he answered on the third ring.

"Hello?" He said. "Hayes!? Is everything ok?! Zoey texted me and she isn't answering her phone! I'm really worried. What's going on?" I could barely get the words out.

"Caleb's monitor went crazy while we were in the room. The nurses came in and told us to leave. She just kind of had a breakdown. Her mom took her outside. They should be back soon though." Hayes explained.

"That's terrible. How is he now?" I was relieved and worried at the same time. "I don't know. The nurses won't tell me anything. I've tried everything. I even played the 'My brother is Nash Grier Card'." Hayes said.

"Try the 'I can get you a date with Cameron Dallas card'." I laughed. Hayes did too.

"Hey! I have a girlfriend." Cameron laughed. "Yeah you do." Abbs said waking up. I laughed.

"Well, we'll be there in 20." I said. "Ok, see you then. Zoey will be happy to see you." Hayes said. "Bye." "Bye." I hung up.

Everything is going to be ok. Hayes is ok. Abbs is ok. Nash is ok. Cameron is ok. Zoey is ok. You're ok.

And hopefully so will Caleb.