Chapter 34

--------Zoey's POV--------

I woke up in my bed and laying beside me was Alfie. I had completely forgotten about him. I reached for him and held him tightly.

"Good morning sunshine." I turned to see Matt in my doorway. "Thank you so much Matt." I smiled. "Anything for my princess." He smiled back.

I could feel myself blush. I looked at my digital clock and saw that it was 12:30. Wow, I slept in late.

"Nash just left to get lunch." Matt said sitting down next to me. I didn't realize how hungry I was until Matt mentioned food.

I nodded my head and continued to play with Alfie. He was so cute. He would just roll around and swat at my fingers.

Eventually, Alfie fell asleep in my lap. I decided to put Alfie in his bed and go take a shower.

*3 hours later*

I woke up to a loud scream. I sat up and looked around the living room. I was laying on the couch next to Matt, Nash was in the recliner, and Hayes and Cameron were laying on the floor.

I heard the scream again, but this time it was louder. Nash and Cameron immediately jumped up. I elbowed Matt and he sat up.

"What was that?" Cam whispered. I shrugged my shoulders and stood up. Matt did the same. We all made our way to the guest bedroom.

I was the first to walk in, with the boys close behind. I stood in the doorway, listening for the scream.

Finally, we heard it. Abbs came running to the door. "There's something in there!" She shouted, pointing towards the bathroom.

Cam made his way to the front of the group. We all followed Cam as he lead us to the bathroom.

I didn't see anything, and apparently neither did anyone else. We all just stood there, waiting to see what Abbs had been freaking out about.

That's when a noise came from underneath the sink. Cam walked over to it and opened up the cabinet. He stuck his head inside and screamed.

We all took off running towards the living room. I ran faster than the boys, guess those volleyball workouts actually came in handy,.

I was the first to the living room, but I tripped over Hayes, who was still lying on the floor asleep.

I just laid on the floor, trying to regain my breathe. The boys were in the room in matter of seconds.

Matt and Nash quickly helped me up, while Hayes sat up. I sat down on the couch, with Nash on one side and Matt on the other.

Cam flopped down on the recliner and Hayes just sat on the floor. "What's going on?" Hayes asked confused.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm going to go see what is under the sink." Matt stated as he stood up.

A few minutes later Matt returned holding Alfie. I couldn't help but laugh. Alfie had been the one that had scared both Cam and Abbs.

"Someone's a scaredy-cat." Matt laughed. "How long did it take you to come up with that?" Nash laughed. "Shut up!" Matt said taking his seat back beside me.

He placed Alfie in my lap and I started to play with him. A few minutes later, my phone started ringing. I handed Matt Alfie, and walked into the kitchen.

It was Chad. I quickly answered. "Hello?" I said into the phone. "Hey Zo, is Nash there? I called him but he didn't answer." Chad explained.

"Yeah, he's here. Just wait one sec." I said. I walked into the living room and handed Nash the phone. He didn't question me, instead he took the phone and walked towards Greyson's room.

*Two days later*

I can't believe I'm leaving today. I've lived in this house my whole life, and I'm never going to see it again.

I looked around my room at all the empty shelves and dressers. Chad was getting my furniture in a few weeks.

"You ready?" Matt asked walking into my room. I turned around to face him. I felt a year run down my cheek.

"Zoey, it's ok. Everything is going to be ok. Trust me." Matt said hugging me. I always felt safe in his arms, like that nothing bad could happen to me.

We were interrupted by Nash. "I hate to break it to you, but we have to leave in like 5 minutes."

I nodded and grabbed my backpack. Matt grabbed my last box and we headed downstairs.

Everyone was outside in the car, everyone except for Greyson. Greyson and I had gotten into a big argument about my mom's choice.

We haven't talked since. I also haven't seen my mom in the last week. And did I mention that my brother has brain injuries? Oh, and the fact that my best friend is dead?

Sounds like a perfect life, right?