Chapter 37

I didn't know what to say, or do. I could barely breath. This can't be happening. No, it's not happening. It just can't!

"I-I don't know what to say." I stammered. "I still care about you Zoey, I always will." Matt said kissing my cheek.

He stood up and walked out of my room, just as the tears started to run down my cheeks.

--------Taylor's POV--------

I really hope I didn't mess up things with Zoey and Matt. I just wanted to come visit her and Hayes and Nash. I didn't know that it would start a fight.

But to be fair, Zoey did tell me that things between her and Matt just
weren't the same anymore. They fought constantly and that she was starting to get tired of it.

So if something does happen to them, it's not completely my fault.....

Right?

--------Matt's POV--------

I-I don't know what to say." She stammered. "I still care about you Zoey, I always will." I said kissing her cheek softly.

I stood up and existed her room, careful to shut the door behind me. I had to get out of there before I cried. I quickly made my way to the guest bathroom.

I locked the door behind me just as I a tear escaped my eye. I couldn't believe what I had just done.

I had just lost everything. Zoey meant the world to me, and I just ended it. But I couldn't just ask for her to take me back, I can't do that to her.

She needs someone better than me, someone that can be with her whenever she needs them. I can't do that. I'm not good enough.

I was broken from my train of thought by a knock on the bathroom door. "Matt, is that you?" I heard Nash say. "Um, yeah." I said opening the door.

"What's up with you?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders and pushed past him.

I walked straight down stairs to the living room and plopped down beside Gilinsky.

--------Zoey's POV--------

*Crash

"Why would you do that!?" I heard someone yell. I sat up on my bed and realized that I had fallen asleep.

I slowly got up and walked towards my door. I opened it slowly and quietly. And what I saw was so surprising. Taylor had Matt pinned up against the wall while Nash and Cameron were trying to get Taylor to let go.

"You don't deserve someone as good as her! You're an idiot! Did you know that?!" Taylor screamed at Matt.

And at that moment, I swear I saw a tear run down Matt's cheek. "Taylor! Stop!" I yelled. Everyone turned toward me.

"Zoey. I'm sorry." He said loosening his grip on Matt. And as soon as Taylor loosened his grip, Matt punched him and took off down the hall.

But before Matt went down the stairs, our eyes met and I saw another tear fall down his cheek.