Chapter 4: The Effect

--------Nash's POV--------

I was sitting alone in the living room. No one was home. Hayes and Chad went to get something to eat and talk about Zoey. I invited Matt over. I just needed someone to talk to. I knew that Hayes was way more upset then me but it was hard on me too. I couldn't believe I had a sister. She was only a half sister, but she's still mine. I should have been there for her. What if someone has hurt her? I should have been there for her. I heard the doorbell go off which broke my train of thought. I walked to the door and let Matt in. "What's up man?" Matt said. "I don't know. " I said and walked into the living room. "Man, what is the matter with you? You're never like this." Matt said walking into the kitchen. "Dude, everything is a reck. I find out I have a sister, Hayes is going insane, I have to cover his butt when he tries to contact her, and I have to keep everything together." I said as I began to hit my head against the wall." Matt came into living room with bags of chips. "Nash, stop that." He said as he sat in the couch, turning the tv on. "You just don't understand Matt, everything's a reck." I said sitting down across from him. "Dude, everything's not a reck. These chips have their life's together perfectly. This tv, it has its live together. Nash, you got this man. Now change the channel. I can't find the remote."

--------Matt's POV--------

I had never seen Nash so upset about anything in his whole life. Ever. There was always a way for him to find something good, but now he isn't even acting like the same person. I had no clue what to say or do. I was so confused. When Nash called me to meet him, I had thought it was to hang out. But, when he answered the door I knew something was wrong. I didn't want to act like I knew, so I didn't. I had never seen anyone be so upset about something. I have to help him. But how? And what about Hayes? Oh god. Hayes. He had to be a reck. He was always more emotional than Nash. He was always more emotional than everyone. God. I have to help Hayes. But Nash needs me more. Nash needs me. Me. This is so much pressure for just one human being. Especially me. Me of all people. God. I have my own problems and I suck at solving them. How am I supposed to help solve other problems for other people?! "Hey! Matt!" I heard Nash yell. It awoke me from my daydream. "What Nash?!" I yelled back. He was upstairs so I started to walk up the stairs. "Look at this." Nash said handing me a paper. "Zoey Grace Grier." I said looking at the paper. "Six and a half pounds." I handed him back the paper. "It's cool isn't it? I have a sister and this belongs to her. This is about her." Nash said smiling. "Nash, I hate to break it to ya, but that was 14 years ago. She's changed. And she definitely gained some weight." I said sitting down in Chad's office. Nash was sitting on the floor going through documents. "I know. But it's all I have. I like to imagine what it would have been like growing up with Hayes and Zoey." Nash smiled at that thought. "It would have been cool man. Who knows maybe she's cute and I could have a girlfriend." I joked. "Not funny man." Nash laughed. "Dude, seriously. If she's cute"- "don't think about it!" Nash snapped. "I'm kidding!" I laughed. "I can't wait to meet her." Nash said. "Me either." Matt said. "Hey Matt." Nash said. I turned to him. "Yeah dude?" "When I meet her for the first time, would you come with me?" He asked nervously. "I'd be honored." I stood up and bowed. "Cool." He said. "Wanna get something to eat?" I asked. "Sure." We stood up and left to go get some food.