Chapter 50

--------Zoey's POV--------

I couldn't believe that Matt still had feelings for me. I mean my feelings toward him never changed but I didn't think he still felt the same.

Maybe there was a chance for him and I after all.

--------Matthew's POV--------

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I sat up on the air mattress that I had slept on in Nash's bedroom.

I quickly turned off my alarm and got up off the mattress. Nash was already awake and doing something on his laptop.

"Hey." He said looking up from his screen. "Hey. I'm going to go take a shower before I leave." I said making my way towards my stuff.

I grabbed a t-shirt and pair of shorts from my suitcase and made my way to the bathroom.

I turned on the shower and rinsed off real quick. Afterwards I slid on my shorts and shirt. I walked out of the bathroom and put a hat on because I didn't want to mess with my hair today.

As I walked past Zoey's room I began to recall the events from last night. How I was finally stepping forward with her instead of back.

And so what if we had gotten caught up in the moment? Last night was my chance and I took it. That is one thing I will never regret.

I will never regret taking any chances for her. Never. Not in a million years shall I regret it.

I was broken from my train of thoughts as Zoey's bedroom door opened. I turned to see her still in her pajamas and her hair thrown into a messy bun.

"Hey there, darling." I smiled while looking at how beautiful she looked even first thing in the morning.

"Hey." She smiled back. I could tell that she was blushing a little bit. That only made me smile bigger.

"I'm leaving today, you know." I said looking at how breathtaking she was even when she didn't try.

"I know, I'm really going to miss you." She said looking back up at me. "My flight doesn't leave for awhile, so how about I treat you to breakfast this morning." I suggested.

"That would be amazing! I know a great pancake place just a few blocks from here. Just let me get ready and we can go." She exclaimed.

"Sounds great." I smiled. "I'll see you soon." She said walking back into her room and closing the door behind her.

I chuckled at the fact of how excited she was to be doing this. Something so simple made her so happy.

--------Zoey's POV--------

All I could think about while choosing an outfit for this morning was Matt. Lately I found myself just thinking about him all the time.

From his gorgeous dark brown eyes, to his perfect smile, he soon became all I thought about.

I started to dig through my shoes trying to find my favorite Vans. I found one of the very quickly, but to find the other one I had to search all over the place.

After laying everything out, I quickly rinsed off in the shower and ran a flat iron through my hair.

I was putting on some mascara when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in" I yelled over my music playing in the background.

"Hey, Zo?" Hayes said opening the door. "Yeah?" I said without looking up. "Matt just left." I immediately jerked my head around to face him.

"What?" I whispered. "He had a family emergency. He had to go. Said that you would understand. I don't know the details, but-" "Don't worry Hayes. I'm fine." I said Turing back towards my mirror.

"How about we go out for lunch? You know, me, you, and Nash. A family thing."

I smiled to myself and nodded. "How's Caleb? And Greyson?" He asked. "They're good. " I replied weakly.

"Maybe we could see them soon." Hayes suggested. "Yeah, I would like that."