Chapter 44

--------Zoey's POV--------

I had just finished telling Lindsay everything. The breakup, the hospital, everything.

I managed to only cry twice in the process, which If I do say so myself, is pretty impressive.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the time, 3:44. I wasn't really tired and I didn't think Lindsay was either.

"You wanna watch a movie?" I asked turning on my tv. "Sure, what movie?" She asked.

"You pick. I'll go get some popcorn." I said as stood up and made my way downstairs.

Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I saw some of the guys watching tv and just hanging out.

I walked past them, and into the kitchen. I grabbed a bag of popcorn from the cabinet and threw it into the microwave.

Once the popcorn was finished, I transferred it into a bowl and walked back upstairs.

I entered my room to find Lindsay on her phone. "I thought the deal was that I got the popcorn and you picked the movie." I said grabbing the remote.

Lindsay just shrugged and continued to type on her phone. I started to search through Netflix and finally decided on Clueless.

Halfway through the movie we ran out of popcorn and I volunteered to go get more.

Lindsay followed me out of the room and downstairs. Once we reached the bottom of the stairs, I saw some of the guys passed out.

We both laughed and continued on into the kitchen. We basically raided the cabinets and ended up with tons of food.

We took it all back upstairs to my room. But before we had time to actually play the movie, Nash ran into my room and straight for my bathroom.

"What is wrong with you?!" I yelled as my bathroom door slammed shut. "I had to pee!" He yelled back.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my phone. It was currently 5:42. Lindsay stood up and headed for the door.

"I have to use the restroom, so I'll be right back." She explained right before she headed down the hall.

I started to scroll through Instagram when Nash came out of my bathroom. "What took you so long?" I asked sitting up.

"I may have knocked over everything on the counter." Nash replied turning to face me.

"Seriously?" I asked.

Nash opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by yelling. We both took off down the hall to see what was going on.

-------Matt's POV--------

After what seemed like forever, the bathroom door finally opened. I turned to go in my bumped into who was existing.

And with my luck, that person was not excited to see me.

"What are you doing!?" She yelled at me. "Well right now I'm trying to go to the bathroom, so if you'll excuse me." I said, trying to get around her.

Lindsay immediately stepped in my way. I turned to go in the other side, but she stepped in front of me again.

"What's your problem?" I said annoyed. "What's my problem!?" Lindsay yelled.

"You're my problem, Matt! I've known you for a long time, but you've changed! You've changed into this self-centered little-"

"Hold it right there." I cut her off, not wanting to hear the rest of what she was about to say.

"Look at yourself for a minute, Lindsay. I've changed? You are like a completely different person. No wonder Abby isn't talking to you."

I immediately regretted saying that. I really shouldn't have come in the middle of girl drama.

"Excuse me? You don't even know what happened! Cameron kissed me! It meant nothing! And besides, at least I'm not the one who broke up with someone who really cares about me for a random person I met on the street."

"What are you talking about? Is that what she told you?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"I didn't dump Zoey for some random girl, in fact, I didn't dump her for anyone. I'm just not the right person for her, she deserves so much better.

"And I'm going through a lot and need to figure some stuff out. And I don't want to put her through a ton of crap, it wouldn't be right."

I began to lean against the wall, since I saw the conversation not ending any time soon.

"Well how do you think she feels now? She's going through a lot of stuff too. Like, her family. Adapting to this new life. You." Lindsay said much calmer than earlier.

"Look, I know she's having a hard time, but it would be 10x worse if she had to deal with all my crap, ok? Just trust me on this." I said turning back towards the Mancave.

"Matt." I heard a weak voice whisper. I immediately knew who it was. Her sweet, soft voice that just meant the world to me.

I kept my back to her, I couldn't face her. Not after what happened at the hospital.

I was such an idiot.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I quickly turned around to face her. "Matt, what's going on?" She asked, looking into my eyes.

I didn't know what to say, or do. I didn't want to screw everything up again.

I didn't want to hurt her again. I didn't want to do anything that would end badly.

"Zoey." I said looking into her dark brown eyes. Those eyes I fell for. They were beautiful.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

I couldn't do this.

I turned back around and continued into the Mancave. Well, I would have made it if there wasn't a stupid Xbox game outside the door that my crutch slipped on.

I hit the ground hard, and immediately a felt like an even bigger idiot, if that's even possible.