TMNT 2012/14/16: Leonardo X R...

By JWanderley761

I'm bored... So I decided to give this sort of story a go since it's been too long since I wrote anything lik... More

First time in a big city
My #1 Fan
Cooking
Painting a Dream
Vigilante Crush
1st Boyfriend Scenario
Accidentally in Love
Someone Else
We're Gonna Be Okay
Second Prisioner
Great News
How To Love Your Draconian
Your Own World
When HE Sees YOU Training
OFF- Online Fighter Friend
In The Woods
Bets
A/N
You ARE Beautiful
Just Stay
Best Pillow
You Can't
Mythical Crush
Chill Out
Jedi Are Real?! (REQUEST)
Yes, You Can
Tending An Injury
Love In The Rink
A/N by Gasha Life
My Lil' Sushi Roll
Babysitting
Videogames
Mistletoe:1 You:0
Happy New Year
Standing Up (REQUEST)
Why This Song? (REQUEST)
A Crush On a Jedi (REQUEST)
Good Enough (REQUEST)
Healing (REQUEST)
Cold Nights
His Nightmare & His Comfort
Unexpected Sight
Geekin' (REQUEST)
Dance With Me?
Misunderstanding
Angel From The 4th Floor
¿Tortugas Mutantes?
Memories
Violet and Athena
Allergies
Tiktok Challenge
You ARE Gorgeous (Vitiligo)
Lost & Found
Found You (REQUEST)
They Beatbox?!
When You're Drunk
Driving
I'm gonna be honest
Princess (REQUEST)
To The Stars And Back (REQUEST)
God's Strength (REQUEST)
Secret Admirer (REQUEST)
When You Tease Him 'Light' (REQUEST)
Sing (REQUEST)
When You Tease Him 'Heavy' (REQUEST)
If I Stay (REQUEST - Part.1)
If I Stay (REQUEST - Part. 2)
If I Stay (REQUEST - Part 3)
The Grim Reaper?!! (REQUEST - PART 1)
I'm the Grim Reaper (REQUEST - Part.2)
Two Reapers (REQUEST - Part. 3)
Y/n's Nightmare (REQUEST)
Open Up (REQUEST)
Sleepyhead (REQUEST)
Forbidden (REQUEST)
Allowed (REQUEST)
Wake Up! (REQUEST)
NEWS!! (A.N.)
Why Would You Change It?
Un Piccolo Consiglio
New Girl In Town (REQUEST)
Whit's fur ye'll no go by ye (REQUEST)
Kitty 🐱 (REQUEST)
Distracted (REQUEST)
Don't Go (REQUEST)
Cheshmâtun Ghashang Mibine (REQUEST)
Oooh, Boy (REQUEST)
My Champion (REQUEST)
Envy (REQUEST)
Rainy Days (REQUEST)
Date With a Gorgon (REQUEST)
Working It Out (REQUEST)
Remember (REQUEST)
Whoa (REQUEST)
Hair Day
Party!! (REQUEST)
.

Shut Up And Dance With Me (REQUEST)

341 7 5
By JWanderley761

#A.N.: What's up, y'all? Big title, I know, but I couldn't think of a better one lol
This one-shot was requested by PizzaDeluxSupreme and I hope y'all like it!
P.S.: This will be a Human AU, meaning Leo is human, all right? And Happy New Year y'all!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🎆🎆🎆🎆🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇

Your POV

"Okay, so for this next test, I should review..." You mumble as you organize your study plan for the next month. "Oh, wait. I still have to make time for the dance practice for the fall festival. Ugh, I'll have to change my schedules all over again."

You are the one of the lead dancers for this dance that will happen during the fall festival, which will happen in a few days. You weren't so eager to do it since you were more worried about your grades, but your dance club is just as important. It helps you relax and distract yourself a bit from college, since sometimes, combined with your part-time job, it gets too much.

As you're writing, you suddenly drop your pen when your phone vibrates against the table. You pick it up and read it. It's from your friend of the dance club who's your senior and the club representative in the student council.

'Hey, Y/n! I've got some news. One: there will be a love song that we'll have to dance during the event.'

You roll your eyes. (Oh, joy. Guess I'll have to call p/n - partner's name - to practice.)

Just then you get another message.

'Oh, and I talked to p/n and they said that they injured their leg yesterday so they won't be able to perform. So sorry to say this, but you'll have to find another partner.'

You blink a few times before letting out a groan.

'Can't I just not perform the love song? It's the only one that I need to have a partner to perform, right?'

'Sorry, but no. I already gave our list of performers and I can't change the number of people.'

'What does that have anything to do with it?'

'Because of the space they lent us. They determined it by the amount of performers.'

You let out a louder groan before locking your phone and placing it bacl on the table.

"You good, Y/n." You colleague and roommate, f/n - friend's name - ask as they look up from their book.

You shake your head and get up. "Just some bad news I'll have to deal with later." You get up after packing your stuff from the library table. "I need some air. See ya later?"

"Sure. Want me to make dinner?"

"Nah, just order something quick. And if you'll order some drinks, get me some f/d - favorite drink - okay?"

"All right. I'll see you later."

"See ya." After throwing your backpack over your shoulder, you leave the library as you head back to your apartment complex.

You take a quick detour as you leave your stuff on your apartment before heading to the rooftop. It's quiet and has a nice space, so it's great to clear your mind.

When you arrive there, you stop your tracks as you see a guy with headphones dancing close to the place only janitors are allowed to go. You stay there in silent watching him dance.

(Whoa... He's really good. How come I've never seen him in the dance club before?)

You stay there for what feels like an eternity, and whatever song he's dancing to he's nailing every single move he pulls.

Still, he ends up turning around and spotting you. He abruptly stops and even stumbles back almost loosing his footing.

"Wha-- Who are you? Were you watching me?!" He askes and you raise your hands in defense.

"Sorry, man. I swear I didn't mean to, but I couldn't help myself-- You are a great dancer. Honestly one of the best I've ever seen."

His cheeks get a darker shade. "R-Really?"

"Yes! How come I've never seen you in the dance club? Are you a freshman?"

"No, this is my second year in college."

"Really? How come I've never seen you before?"

He shrugs before getting his stuff. "Go figure." He walks towards you while trying to avoid eye contact.

"Anyways, you sure you don't want to join the dance club? You could easily get a spot as one of the lead dancers."

"Thanks for the invite, but I think I'm better off solo."

"You sure?"

"Look, thank you a lot for the compliments. Really. But, honestly, I'm too shy to perform in front of others. No wonder you've never seen me in the dance club. I did think about joining the club, but I don't like the idea of participating in the events and having the whole campus staring at me."

"Well, if you insist, I won't bother you anymore. But if you do change your mind, you can come talk to me."

He smiles at you. "Thanks. I'll keep in touch."

You nod. "All right. I'll see you around."

He walks past you, but he stops before going down the stairs. "Um... You live in this complex?"

"Yep. Third floor. You?"

"*Chuckles* Fifth."

"*Giggles* Guess we'll see each other sooner than we think."

"Guess so. Oh, I'm Leo, by the way."

"Y/n. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. Well, uh... Bye." He says before opening a bashful smile and leaving for good.

You chuckle at his shyness and start stretching. (Damn, he's really good. I wonder if he'd like to be my partner for the event.)

"Nah, he already said no. Maybe I shouldn't push him too far." You tell yourself before putting your earbuds in and hitting the play button on your cellphone.

Timeskip

A few days passed, and you and Leo bumped into each other basically every day. You talked with some of your classmates and friends, and they've told you their experiences with Leo. They've all bumped into him at some point during this last year he's been in the campus, but never during the parties. No surprise there.

Still, you learnt that he's usually in the library during the afternoon which explains why you have never seen him before, since you work during that part of the day.

He also has a part-time job, but his is during the morning. He seems to take the afternoons off to study before his classes at night.

Still, since you took a break from work so you could practice to the upcoming event, you do see him every single time you stop at the library to study - you programmed yourself for one hour of studying per day, so you don't fall behind on the subjects since most of your free time would be focused to the event - and you would have quick chats with him before each one of you went off with your days.

But today he surprised you with a specific question.

"So, I hear the dance club will have a full performance on the fall event in two weeks, right?" He asks quietly since you're in the library. You arrived there earlier than he did, but that didn't stop him from sitting with you. Sure, he asked before sitting down on the chair, as he always does.

Truth to be told, that's ome of the things you've grown fond of him. He's always respectful towards you, and always makes sure that he isn't making you uncomfortable. He's polite too, and even reminds you to take a break every few minutes from studying. You ended up exchanging numbers at some point, but you still don't know for sure how that happened.

"Yes, we will. And one of the songs will be a love song." You say with a hint of sarcasm in your voice.

"Yikes. You don't like that idea?"

"Meh. Not so much, but it is in the schedule, so there's not much I can do about it."

"I see... You one of the lead dancers?"

"Yep. Though, I do not have a partner."

He stays quiet for a while, which leads you to stare at him. You raise an eyebrow when you see his eyebrows forming a frown.

"What?" You ask.

"I'm sorry, but... How's that going to work? Also, why would you be one of the lead dancers without a partner?"

"I mean, I had one but they got injured. My senior told me to find another one, but so far I haven't had any luck."

"Sheesh. And you can't ask to not dance this song?"

"Already tried, already got denied." You let out a groan while you rub your eyes. "And I have two weeks to find a new partner and train the whole routine with them."

"Wow... I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I've been told I'm a great teacher, so they might end up learning it pretty fast."

He chuckles a bit before scratching the back of his head while looking to the other side. "You know... I'm going to have a break from work, so... If you'd like I c-could be your... Partner... For the event..."

You turn to him with wide eyes. "Wait, what? Really?!"

"I-I mean... I kinda see you as my friend, and... I do want to help you... So... O-Only if you're okay with it, of course."

You beam and tackle him in a hug. "Oh, my God! Yes! Oh, thank you so much, Leo! You literally just saved my life!"

Your little moment of excitement is pulled to a halt as you hear a rather loud 'shh' coming from all around the library. You pull back and grimace a bit in embarrassment.

"Oops. Anyways, I would love you to be my partner. Really, thank you so so so so so much. Oh, which time is good for you to practice?"

"U-Umm, I dunno... Right after lunch, I think? And maybe a bit before my classes, which is at the end of the afternoon."

"Great. And we can practice at the rooftop if you'd like. That way people won't see us."

"Thanks, Y/n. I really appretiate it." He smiles at you and you smile right back, determined to make things work out for the event.

Timeskip

You're two days away from the event just waiting for Leo to show up for practice. It seems that something happened with his brothers and he had to go help them out.

You bite your nail in anticipation. Not just because of the event, but because of the loading screen of your phone.

For the last few days you've been feeling weird around Leo, so you decided to do some research to fond out what is wrong with you. Yes, you did ask your friends and classmates about it, but you still wanted to make sure. And soon enough you reach an answer.

You read the screen over and over again to make sure you haven't read anything wrong. And it's just as you feared.

"Oh, my gosh... I... I'm in love with him... All these years without ever feeling anything so strong towards anyone, and now I've fallen in love with my dance partner. Man, talk about a cliché." You mumble before lightly slapping your cheeks. "Okay, okay, stop it. Just try to focus on something else... Oh, who am I kidding? It's true I haven't known Leo for a long time, but he can read me like a book."

"Not always, y'know?"

"Yeah, sure-- AAAAAAAAAHH!!!" You turn around like a bullet and you jump in pure fright. "Damn it, Leo! Don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry, my bad. But I don't get it. Why would you think I can read you like a book?"

"Because you can. You may not know why I'm feeling the way I'm feeling, but you can always tell when I'm trying to hide it."

"Really? I didn't know that."

You roll your eyes as he chuckles at you. "Anyways, if I may ask, what is it that's botherimg you so much?"

"I'm just thinking..."

"About?"

"About... This guy I just... Found out I have a crush on."

"Oh... I see..." He replies, and he sounds a bit...Sad?

His response makes you frown. "Hey, Leo? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, just... Thinking about my brothers."

"Oh... Okay. Shall we get started with today's practice?"

"Sure."

Amd throughout your practice today, you can tell Leo's a bit off. But since you are well aware of his shyness, you think it's best not to carry on with the issue for the time being. After all, you do need to get ready for the event.

Timeskip

It's the big day, and you couldn't be more nervous. You get ready to the dance and you help Leo get ready too, but soon enough you see him peeking around the wall as he takes a look at the audience.

"Hey, you okay?" You ask softly as you place your hand on his shoulder.

"Y-Yeah, I just... Didn't think we'd have a f-full house tonight... Ooh, boy..."

"Leo, look at me." You say while grabbing his hands and making him turn to you. "Didn't we practice for this? Didn't we prepare for this?"

"... Yeah..."

"So we'll be fine. Just focus on the music and the steps I taught you. Okay?"

"I know, but--"

You cut him short by placing your finger over his lips. "And just shut up and dance with me. I promise you it will be just like our practice. All right?"

He stares at you deep into your eyes before smiling shyly and nodding. "All right. I'll try my best."

You beam. "That's more like it. Now come on, we have to get in line with everyone else."

He nods again and follows you, while tightly grasping on your hand. Not that you mind, since you squeeze his hand in response. You take a deep breath and turn to him. "Ready?"

"I think so."

"Then let's do this."

The music starts and you get onto the stage. You turn to Leo and open the biggest smile you can and he retributes in kind right before you all start dancing to the beat. And by the time the love song started, all you had to do was hold Leo's hand and something magical happened.

As soon as he pulls you in, it's like you enter a bubble. No more eyes staring at you, no other dancers were at the stage with you, it was just you and him dancing to the music.

Thinking Out Loud, by Ed Sheeran

By the time the song is over you two stay there, in the middle of the stage, staring deep into each other's eyes.

"Leo... I--"

He silences you by placing his finger over your lips.

"Don't say anything or you'll ruin the moment." He quickly mumbles before cupping your cheek and pulling you in a soft yet passionate kiss.

Cliché? Absolutely. But you still love it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 193 18
A collection of one shots I wrote about everyone's favorite boys. Will include love, platonic, and maybe enemy scenarios. I am open to requests, just...
19.3K 759 22
・.。.:*・F̫̫o̫̫l̫̫l̫̫o̫̫w̫̫s̫̫ ̫̫t̫̫h̫̫e̫̫ ̫̫2̫̫0̫̫1̫̫4̫̫ ̫̫S̫̫t̫̫o̫̫r̫̫y̫̫l̫̫i̫̫n̫̫e̫̫ ̫ ↖(^o^)↗ Spawned from a lab experiment, teenage terrapins...
4.4K 87 11
(Hey, just so everyone knows, this story is officially discontinued on my account, but @PlutisWolf asked to rewrite it on theirs, which I agreed to...