๐•ญ๐–—๐–Š๐–†๐–™๐–๐–Š

By -ratrice-

หš๏ฝกยฐ "๐–˜๐–”๐–’๐–Š๐–™๐–๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ ๐–‡๐–†๐–‰ ๐–Ž๐–˜ '๐–‡๐–”๐–š๐–™ ๐–™๐–” ๐–๐–†๐–•๐–•๐–Š๐–“ ๐–™๐–” ๐–’๐–Š ๐–Ž ๐–‰๐–”๐–“'๐–™ ๐–๐–“๐–”๐–œ ๐–Ž๐–™ ๐–‡๐–š๐–™ ๏ฟฝ... More

1.00
1.01
1.02
1.03
1.04
1.05
1.06
1.07
1.08
1.09
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.13
1.14
1.15
1.16
1.17
1.18
1.19
1.20
1.21
1.22
1.23
1.24
1.25
1.26
1.27
1.28
1.29
1.30
1.31
1.32
1.33
1.34
1.35
1.36
2.00
2.01
2.02
2.03
2.04
2.05
2.07
2.08
2.09
2.10
2.11
2.12
2.13
2.14
2.15
2.16
2.17
2.18
2.19
2.20
2.21
2.22
2.23
2.24
2.25
2.26
2.27
3.00
3.01
3.02
3.03
3.04
3.05
3.06
3.07
3.08
3.09
3.10
3.11
3.12
3.13
3.14
3.15
3.16
3.17
3.18
3.19
3.20
3.21
3.22
3.23
3.24
3.25
3.26
3.27
3.28

2.06

666 21 0
By -ratrice-

{ breathe }

unedited

1.2k words

— — — — —

"(y/n)." 

The girl turned around in confusion to see the man from earlier. Ben Adler. 

"Oh uh, hello Ms. Adler." The girl stuttered, glancing around for a possible escape.

"There's no need to be nervous (y/n), I just need to talk to you about something. Could you spare a few minutes." The man asked politely, giving the girl a small smile.

The girl hesitantly nodded as the man got closer and showed her some locked files on his IPad.

"As you see, these files are locked, crypted to ensure that only those we knew the passcode could see it." The girl's eyes widened in realization.

"But as the rest of the survivors were on the planet, seeking temporary shelter. The files were opened just under a few months ago. Now, the only other people on the ship were-"

"Yeah yeah, I hacked into the files." The girl huffed, already disliking the way he was dragging on.

"Why?"

The girl raised her brow and tilted her head, "I'm a child on a giant, empty spaceship with no source of entertainment. What did you expect?"

Adler sighed but slightly agreed with the girl's words. "Then I suppose you know about scarecrow."

The girl went silent. Finding the floor much more interesting than the conversation she was having with the man.

"I hope you know (y/n), that we have good intentions-" Ben started to talk, reaching to pat the girl's shoulder but she moved away.

"I know you do. I just wish he didn't have to suffer." (y/n) said quietly, but loud enough for the man in front of her to hear. 

Without another word, she began to walk away and towards the Jupiter that the Robinson family were temporarily staying in. As (y/n) walked in, she went towards the hub to see only Penny and a girl.

"Hey Penny, where's Will?"  The voiced of the (h/c) attracted the attention of both Penny and the girl.

"Oh, he was actually going to see (y/n)." Penny awkwardly smiled, sending invisible signals that (y/n) did not understand.

"(y/n)? But she's right here-" (y/n) began but was interrupted when Penny let out an awkward laugh, cutting her off.

"Well you know how Will is right, in fact, I'm sure he's looking for you so I'll see you later?" 

"Um okay, I guess I'll see you later?" The girl questioned as Penny nodded her head aggressively. As she left, Penny let out a sigh of relief. 

The whole reason for wanting (y/n) to walk away quickly was so that the girl in front of her wouldn't be hurt if she thought that Will's excuse to leave was only to ditch her.

"Was that (y/n)?" 

Penny internally groaned. "Yeah, I'm really sorry that Will lied-"

"You're right. She is really pretty." The girl said in awe with a hint of blush on her cheeks.

Penny's jaw dropped. 

Not only did she have to worry about the girl flirting with Will, but now (y/n)? 

Couldn't everyone just back off until they realized their feelings for one another.

-----

(y/n) was aimlessly walking around the Resolute, questioning her conversation with Penny but shook it off as Penny was being Penny.

Now, on the topic of Will.

If I were Will, where would I be?

The girl look around, trying to think like the boy when a thought came across her brain.

Making her way towards the Robinson's Jupiter, she snuck past the lazy guards and walked around until she could spot the boy.

The Jupiter was in a weird state. Everything was wrapped in plastic and the guards made it seem as if there was a toxin from within the ship. 

As she walked past the ladder leading to the garage, she heard some mumbling and the familiar sound of an alien. Sighing, she climbed down to see the boy crouching in front of the open cage which occupied Scarecrow. 

"I knew I'd find you here." (y/n) spoke softly when she saw the way Will was looking at the robot. His eyes were filled with sadness, seeing that state of the robot was devastating to him.

The silence between the three were comforting, it was almost like their moment with robot. 

It wasn't the same.

But it was familiar in a sense.

A person walked into the room, not ending the moment of comfort, but more so trying to fit in with the atmosphere.

"He's not in any pain if that's what you're thinking." The man said.

"That's exactly what I was thinking." Will replied, not taking his eyes off the robot in front of him.

"You know, when I was your age. I wanted a robot."

"I think a lot of kids do." 

"I didn't know that finding one on an alien planet was an option, so I became a researcher specializing in artificial intelligence. I want to talk to them, not hurt them."

"Then why does he look like he's in pain." The girl asked, crouching down beside the boy.

"The jolts we're giving it are a primitive form of communication. Pure stimulus to achieve a simple response."

The boy scoffed. "Seemed like having a conversation with someone by hitting them with a stick." 

Adler chuckled at his response. "From what I've been told, you two have had a very special experience with a fully-functioning robot. I wish I'd have a chance with Scarecrow."

"That's what you call him?" 

"He was just a raggedy things when we found him on the crash site; leaking what looked like straw-glowing straw, granted. I was brought in to communicate with him, which was nearly impossible given his extreme danger. All I could think was, "If I only had a brain."

Will stepped slight closer. "His face doesn't look right. He has less lights. He looks confused..."

"... and scared." The girl whispered.

Adler couched down to the other side of Will, "And now we're asking him to do something we've never asked him to do before, but if we can't move that back to the Resolute," They looked towards the alien sphere. "I'm afraid we're gonna be stuck here permanently." 

"Maybe he doesn't want to help. They do feel things."  Will reasoned.

"It's common to personify anything that has what may be considered a face of human feelings."

"I-I felt things." (y/n) looked at Will in surprise. Ever since half of the survivors came back onto the Resolute, there wasn't a chance the two could talk with one another.

Other than the moment they had before.

"What do you mean?" 

Will glanced at (y/n) before standing up and holding out a hand for the girl, pulling her up. "Our robot. I'm not sure about (y/n) but we're connected, he knew what I was thinking. Sometimes, I could could even see what he see."

"I didn't see things," The (h/c) girl admitted, "but I could feel the things the felt." This gave Will an idea.

"Let us try to connect with him." Will asked the man. 

"I don't think that's wise." 

"We can do it." 

(y/n) was conflicted. One part of her hated the idea as she spent a month with Scarecrow and it was trying to kill her at every time. But yet she understood why it hated people so much, the state of it was just too much for her to not feel guilty.

Adler hesitated with his response, "We'll need to ask your mother."

"She'll say no. She doesn't understand." The man stayed silent. "I know the missing piece Adler, let us help you."

𖨆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 3.9K 16
Lady Catherine Waters is the Governor's Daughter and has lived in Port Royal her whole life; that is until she is knocked out by the blast of a canno...
210K 5.3K 33
๐™Š๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™‚๐™ง๐™–๐™™๐™ฎ ๐™ญ ๐™”/๐™‰ ๐™…๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™ค ๐™‡๐™ค๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ค๐™™ สณแต‰แตƒแตˆแต‰สณ ______________ ๐™…๐™ช๐™ง๐™–๐™จ๐™จ๐™ž๐™˜ ๐™’๐™ค๐™ง๐™ก๐™™ ยนยฐยฒยฐยณ ______ ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต...
34.2K 701 13
Jade Munroe is Mike's little sister and has a crush on Matt. After Beth and Hannah went missing, Jade has regretted her decision of that night. A yea...
1.1M 30.5K 61
Every time over-achiever (Y/N) (L/N) meets constant-troublemaker Max Thunderman, a full-on snap fest engages. Everyone thinks that when they get toge...