1.34

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.1k words

— — — — —

"Are you crazy?! You'd commit suicide with your kids." 

Maureen—currently driving the Jupiter towards the atmosphere into the planet—smiled.

"We're Robinsons. Live together or die together."

"Would you do something?" Smith asked the robot, only to get pushed back with the robot repeating her name. "What are you doing? She's bluffing." 

Seeing this, Maureen radioed her kids. "Out of the hub now!" 

"Let's go." The four ran out of the room while Smith was forced in it. 

"Stop it." She yelled when the doors to the hub closed shut, trapping her and the robot inside. "This is what she wants."

Pushing the button that usually opens the doors, she expected it to open when it didn't. Knowing that the Maureen had locked it, she yelled at robot once more. "Open the door! Get me out of here!"

The robot followed her orders and tried to open the doors but failed. A knock on the window drew Smith's attention. It was Maureen. 

"You're in the safest room on the ship. It was designed to survive an asteroid collision. It was designed to withstand solar flares. It was designed to repeal temperatures that drop to absolute zero and you know who designed it? Me. So don't expect to be getting out anytime soon." 

Smith gave Maureen a blank look as she raised her hand in the air and clenched it. "Break the glass." 

The robot punched the glass as small little indents cracked it. It was breakable but it would take a while. 

"You can't keep me in here forever."

"That's true, but you'll be in there for long enough. Now if you excuse me I'm going to find my husband." 

Maureen walked towards her children as Penny smiled. "You do realize you can never criticize us for being reckless again."

"Of course I can, I'm your mother. You and Judy get the harpoon ready."

"Wait, we have a harpoon?"

"Will, (y/n), you're with me." 

The three reached the control room as Maureen started to program the computed for any heat signatures as (y/n) was given binoculars to look if there was any sign for John and Don.

"Diving towards the planet must have used a lot of fuel. Do we still have enough to find dad?"

"I'm starting another infrared sweep. If he can get that bonfire lit soon, we should be okay." The pounding of the door distracted the three as they looked towards the source of the sound.