3.08

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.2k words

— — — — —

"Penny, what did you do?!" (y/n) asked the redhead.

"I-I don't know. I just hit like a button or a switch or something." Penny repeatedly hit the entrance door. "I don't know, maybe if I hit it again?" 

The three frantically searched the walls, pressing down on anything to see if the doors would open up again. 

"Smith! Smith, help!" Penny yelled. "It's okay right? Smith is outside, and she knows where we are, and she can help us." 

"Yeah, yeah. Of course she will." Will nervously agreed.

"Yeah. I mean, unless she knows how to pilot a ship, she can't exactly leave us, right?" (y/n) joked, panicking from the inside.

Penny—who usually joked with her—was distracted. she looked towards the ground and hovered her flashlight over the footprints. "Guys, those prints look really fresh." 

"I don't know." Will admitted, slightly frustrated. "It's a cold, damp room. No light, little airflow. It's the perfect conditions for preservation."

"Which means what?"

"What means they could be old. Buzz Aldrin's boot prints are still on the moon because there's no atmosphere which means there's no erosion-"

"I appreciate you're using history and science to try and bore me into submission, but, listen Will. (y/n) and I saw the robots on the Resolute. They know your name. So if they're here somewhere, you're in serious danger and we all know that. So please, just be honest with me. Could these be recent?"

"Yeah. Yeah, it's-it's possible."

There was a tense silence between the two as they stared at one another. (y/n) looked between the two siblings as she let out a shaky sigh.

"Okay, lets calm down for a bit. Just until we can figure out what to do." Will and Penny looked away from each other and nodded towards the girl. Penny headed straight to when she bumped into the wall, repeatedly bumping herself backwards while Will squatted down to investigate the foot prints. 

The (h/c) haired girl looked between the siblings, slightly upset at the disconnect they faced over the past year. But knowing that each had their limit, she didn't push it. 

Examining the footprints, Will lightly brushed some of the dirt away and sighed. Penny noticed his behavior and asked him. "Will, what is it?"

"Something strange. I actually don't think these were made by the robots."

"What?" (y/n) joined the boy on the ground and looked closely. 

"What do you mean?" Penny asked him.