1.11

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

1.1k words

— — — — —

"Will! (y/n)!" A voice from the hallway called out to them. 

"In here mom!" Will yelled back, continuing to grasp on the (y/n)'s hand for comfort. 

"Hey is everyone ok?" John ran in with the rest of the Robinsons following.

"What happened." Judy asked.

"I don't know, it was like something just hit us." Smith was bewildered, but like always, Maureen had an answer.

"It's the glacier, it's breaking apart. When the girls used the blast jets-"

"It wasn't me." Judy intervened. 

" Yeah it wasn't her who totally saved everybody's life." Penny sassed at her older sister which earned her a scoff and an eye roll.

"The point is if we don't get the Jupiter out of here, the whole thing's gonna collapse on us." Checking to see the weather, Maureen began instructing everyone on jobs. "Okay, Judy pre-flight checklist, start with the thrusters. Penny, as we get closer to the surface I want you on the radio. Soon as we get the signal, we broadcast, we see if the Resolute-"

"Maureen." John interrupted from the control room.

"What."

"We got a problem with the engines."

"What kind of problem?"

"We don't have any."

------

Maureen and John strutted into the center room, voices booming so they would be the center of attention. "Okay aft engine cage, we need to disassemble the contaminated thrusters. So bad and heat seal anything that needs to be on VC levels." Looking at Smith, Maureen could tell she was a bit dazed. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah sure."

Giving her a quick smile, Maureen asked the other woman. "How about you and I work together?" Smith nodded. "Okay, everybody else pair up."

"Dibs on Will and (y/n)." Penny raised her hand.

"Pairs Penny, not trios." Judy intercepted. 

"Well Will and (y/n) are small enough to be half a person so half and half plus me equal two." The two 'half' persons looked at Penny in disbelief and glared at her. Looks that she ignored. 

"Seriously."

"I want to spend quality time with my brother and friend, what wrong with that?"

"Okay well you guys are on detox. Every piece needs to be wiped completely..." (y/n) didn't pay much attention to Maureen's following words or sentences. Beginning to play with the ring, she looked absently at the floor. The youngest Robinson noticed this and slightly nudged her.