1.02

{ breathe }

{ breathe }

unedited

934 words 

— — — — —

"MOM! DAD!" A girl, no older then 11 calls out to her parents, scrambling around the crowded hallways. People were running. 

Screaming. 

Bleeding.

Even though she had little information about her given situation, she knew one thing. 

Something bad was happening.

A hand harshly grabbed her arm and started dragging her down the crowded hallway. The kid looked up to see her mother, running towards the line of Jupiter entrances.

"Mom? Wh-What's going on?" The mother didn't respond, only showing the scanner on the wall her wrist.

Access Granted. Welcome (m/n) (l/n).

The automatic door opened up to reveal the inside Jupiter 17 and an anxious man pacing back and forth.

The man, who was the father of the kid, was relieved when he looked up to see the love of his life and his child.

"Good you're ok, (y/n) get you're suit and helmet on, we're preparing to detach from the Resolute."

A confused face etched upon the kid, (y/n). Beginning to open her mouth to question her parents, she was shut down when her mother put her hands on her shoulders and gave them a light squeeze.

"It's ok, we just need leave so the Resolute can do a checkup. Everything's gonna be fine, I promise."

Reluctantly, the kid nodded and followed the directions that were given by her father. Meeting up with her parents back at the control room, they began to buckle up and begin for launch.

"Engine?"

"Check."

"Thrusters?"

"Check."

"Fue..."

All the talking blurred out from there and a soft buzzing noise began to grow. 

Leg shaking up and down. 

Thoughts running around the head.

Are we in danger?

What if something bad happened to the Resolute and we can't make it to Alpha Centauri?

Being unable to control all her thoughts, (y/n) started to fiddle with her right hand, mainly her ring finger, twisting and turning something that appeared to be the shape of a ring. 

A habit she developed when she was young. 

".. (y/n)!" Her head snaped towards the voice to see her father turned towards her. "Everything alright?"

The child in question nodded and looks back down, continuing to fiddle with the ring. "Yea, just thinking..."

"Ok.. Just remember that you can talk to me or your mom ok? We'll always be here for you."

Glancing up, (y/n) gave her parents a small smile. "Yea. Got it." Her parents gladly smiled in returned and presumed the launch.

3..

2..

1..

And then they detach.

Everything was going smoothly, the engines seemed to be working well and the family had total control of the space ship.

Well that was before it all went to hell. 

The Jupiter started to shake and everything seemed to be getting out of hand. Looking out the main window, a giant portal appeared right before their eyes and began to suck everything close to it. 

They were one of the unlucky Jupiter's that were close to the unknown hole, meaning that they were able to make it through the other side but also meaning that they would crash in with other objects coming through.

And they did, things were flying left and right on the other side of the portal and the family faced a fear that many others would only having in their nightmare.

They had no engine.

And if they had no engine then they wouldn't be able to steer the ship...

And if they couldn't steer the ship then they would crash...

And if they crash, they could die.

Engine Damaged. 

But luckily enough, they were just floating through space and maybe with the help of the Resolute or others, the would be safe.

CRASH

System Failure. Entering unknown orbit.

Due to something bumping into their ship, their trajectory changed and started flying towards an unknown planet, and enter it's atmosphere due to the planet's gravitational pull.

"WE'RE NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO LAND WITHOUT CRASHING!"

"THEN WHAT DO WE DO!"

Everything was shaking. 

They were crashing into orbit and soon, into the ground.

Fear and panic was in the air and for the sake of their kid, (y/n) parent's did the only reasonable thing they could think of. They yelled.

"EJECT NOW!"

So they did.

Or at least one of them did. 

But that'll be explained later.

And by time the lone ejector landed, she blacked out. 

-----

Finally regaining consciousness hours later, she awoke with the best combo int he world. A throbbing head and an aching body. 

Moving around to help stretch herself, she was completely unaware of the fact that she was currently stuck in a tree.

SPLAT

And then she falls.

"Motherfu-"

Her cursing was interrupted when she looked up to see the amazing wonders around her. Vegetation filled her field of vision and she was in awe. 

Snapping out of her dazed state, she checked herself to make sure that she wasn't injured or her suit was ripped. Too bad it was, there was a small tare on her right arm, causing a hole to form. But yet she wasn't dead, maybe it was a good sign.

Carefully lifting off her helmet, she dropped it onto the ground and took a deep breathe of fresh air, something she hadn't done in a long time.

Now knowing that her environment was somewhat safe, she made it her main goal to find her parents, and what better way to do that then yell and scream in the middle of nowhere.

"MOM! DAD! Can you hear me?!"

No response. Unless you consider the small chirps from the animals or the sniffling and crying noises coming to her right. Think that it would be her parents, she slowly walked towards the sound to discover a boy whose knees were up to his chest and he was cradling himself back and froth.

"Hello?"

"AHHHHHHHHH"

"AHHHHHHH"

𖨆