Kindred Spirits | Juan Toscan...

Por enterthesubtext

Cynatra Allen, an aspiring entrepreneur inherits her uncle's gym in the wake of his death. With an unfinished... Mais

The Line Up
Prologue
1 x The World is Yours
2 x In Need
3 x Being Vulnerable
4 x Back in Business
5 x Practice
6 x Charge it to the Game
7 x Know the Sign
8 x Proved Her Right
9 x The Dynamics
10 x Fire & Desire
11 x Touch Me, Tease Me
12 x Say It
13 x Do It
14 x Show It
15 x Prove It
16 x All Along
17 x The Foundation is Falling
18 x Babysitters Club
19 x Jealousy is
19.5 x Jealousy is Powerful
20 x Love is.. Overbearing
21 x What Does This Do?
22 x Reveal Me
23 x Part of it All pt. 1
24 x Part of it All pt. 2
26 x The P Word
27 x Too Much Truth About Cynatra
28 x Give Back
29 x Thankful
30 x Face Your Fears
31 x The Brokenhearts Club
32 x Anything for You
33 x Rockefeller
34 x Home for the Holidays
35 x The First Christmas
36 x Happy Birthday James
37 x Dr. Seymour's Interlude
38 x Effort Pay Off
39 x What It All Means
40 x My All-Star pt. 1
41 x My All-Star pt. 2
42 x My Cherie Amor
42.5 x My Cherie Amor Pt. 2
43 x Type of Way
44 x Identifying Love
45 x The Sun Will Come Out
46 x Been Here Before
47 x And We're Here Now
48 x The Greatest Gift
49 x Push & Pull
49.5 x Pulled into Place
50 x The Moments That Matter
50.2 x Moments in Miami
50.4 x Moments in Charlotte
50.6 x Moments in Philly
50.8 x Moments in Boston
51 x Ball in Beantown
52 x Take it Seriously
53 x Cling to Me
54 x Anderson Interlude
55 x Meet the Andersons
56 x Meet the Andersons pt.2
57 x I Want You
58 x I Got You
59 x Memphis Mending
60 x Mentality
61 x On the Docket
62 x They Have Their Reasons
63 x Mamba Within
64 x Amongst Men
65 x Avery's Interlude
66 x OTB
67 x Wild West
68 x Lady Allen
69 x Trying Times

25 x Possibly That

1.3K 104 65
Por enterthesubtext

The Warriors would be going against the Pistons tonight. The great part was, it's an early game.

Juan had just gotten lunch for the staff at Round 1. Something special to show his appreciation of all of their hard work.

His favorite lady laid in their new and improved office on the couch, taking a nap. Cynatra hadn't gotten in sleep in days. Her mind in work mode and she needed to make sure everything was done. It was the beginning of November and renovations needed to be expedited for the community drive that would be in a few weeks.

Juan entered the office trying to be as quiet as possible. He unfortunately bumped into a chair, thinking that Cynatra would wake up. She didn't.

She's a light sleeper, she should've woken up when the door opened.

He placed their food on table and sat there for awhile to collect himself. He looked over and noticed, she still hadn't moved.

"Cynatra." He called after her but she didn't move.

Walking over the the couch, he sat on the free cushion, moving her hair out of her face. "Amor, wake up." He lightly taps her which causes her to stir.

"Hey, how long was I sleep for?"

"I think since I left. You didn't hear me come in?"

She shook her head, "Must've been in a deep sleep." Cyn stretches before trying to stand up.

"You good?"
"A little dizzy. What did you get to eat?"

"Well I got you a halal platter since that's what you asked for. Chicken and rice with the salad and then there's chicken noodle soup, the thing you're gonna eat first."

She pouted because she didn't want soup but if she didn't eat that before trying to eat anything else, she would throw it back up.

Juan brought the soup to her so she didn't have to stand up. She wasn't paying him any mind but, he was watching her.

Texting the team group chat, he needed some assistance.

Yo bros, I need some advice but I can't call y'all so answer in the chat.

Curry 🏀
What you need?

Money Green  🏀
What's up bro?

DLee 🏀
You did something? 👀

JP 💪🏾
This about Cyn ain't it?

yeah, it is but it's nothing bad.

Curry 🏀
Well, what is it?

I think she's pregnant.

GPII 😂
Baby JTA?! Nah, step away for a min, you gotta call the chat with this one.

"I'll be back."

Juan stepped out of the room and made a quick turn down the hallway full of new conference rooms. He didn't get the chance to call the chat because someone already made it happen. He joined looking at most of his teammates staring at him.

"Bro, what the actual fuck is going on?" Jordan was in disbelief.

"JTA, you really thought going in raw wasn't gonna get you in this position?" Gary asked chuckling.

"Let him talk. So how did you get to this conclusion?" Steph asked closing his office door, he didn't want Ayesha hearing the conversation.

"Listen, it only happened a few times."

"It only takes one bro, you know that." Damion pointed.

"I know, I know. But lately she's been emotional as hell, one moment she's crying, the next she's angry and then shes sleeping like a bear. Everyone knows she's the lightest sleeper. I came in the office, bumped into something and she didn't move. I had to shake her."

"Has her eating habits changed?" Dray had just closed the door to his man cave.

"Yeah, she can't eat anything without soup first. She can't drink or eat anything with citrus because she said it tastes like soap. I wanna say something but I know it's gonna piss her off."

Gary hosted a Halloween party and Cynatra turned down tequila, she never turns down tequila. She said everything was making her stomach hurt. That was Juan's second to last straw, her sleeping through everything was the final one.

"If she is, you ready to be a dad?" Steph asked, "Cause if not, I might have to whoop your behind, it would be best to let her know that."

"You don't have to worry about that. I'd be happy as hell. I think she's gonna have a major problem with it."

"She was just talking to Sydel about babies, when she was over here not too long ago."

"Damion, how do you know that? You be eavesdropping on my sister?" Steph laughed.

"I wasn't hidden, I was in the kitchen and they clearly didn't care about me being there or not. But the point is, she's a natural with Daxon."

"She's great with Cash." Draymond added.

"Canon thinks she's his girlfriend, so there's that."

"JTA you letting a four year old take your girl?" Gary asked.

"Man, shut up!" Jordan chuckled, "But seriously, why would she have a problem?"

Juan knew that Cynatra wanted to expand Round 1. She also made a note to register for classes in the spring so she could finish her masters. A baby would be a lot right now.

"Work, she's going back to school, I'm here part time and a baby while I'm playing in different cities isn't ideal, especially when she already feels alone."

"Well, get back to your girl, make sure she's good and we'll talk to you at practice."

Juan returned to the office to see Cynatra eating some random cinnamon roll.

"Where'd you get that?"

"The store." With a mouth full of cinnamon goodness, "You want some?"

"Yeah, lemme get a bite." She offers him the roll, watching him take a bite.

"Ugh, I wish you'd eat me like that." She mumbled.
"I heard that." He chuckles.

"I'm not apologizing, I said what I said." She shrugs.

"I got you later, but I gotta get ready for the game. Don't fall asleep and miss it this time." He kisses her briefly.

"I said I was sorry." She frowned.
"I know, and I told you I forgive you."

"Then give me another kiss." She stood in front of him. She placed her hands on each side of his face, kissing him.

"You about to get this office christened if you keep kissing me like that."
"I really wish you would, it would make my day."

Juan couldn't help but blush, "Go sit down somewhere, you not even that horny."

"I'll show you right now, what's good?"

"Bye Cynatra, I'll see you at the game." He kissed her cheek quickly before running out the door.

Had he stayed longer, she probably would've had him on the couch with his pants down and he didn't want to think about that every time someone sat in the office.

When Juan arrived to practice, the guys had already been waiting in a huddle.

"Took you long enough." Kerr joked, "Now that y'all are here, today's practice is strictly on defense. We've got a lot to work on."

DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE!

The crowd cheered as the warriors aimed for a turnover. They were doing exactly what Steve needed them to do, move. His coaching told them to keep moving.

Cynatra didn't oversleep which was a great thing. She sported a grey Warriors t-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans. She truly did not feel like getting dressed, which was something completely opposite of what she said a few months ago.

"I haven't seen you in forever, where have you been?" Hazel asked hugging her friend.

"Working, hard."

"A little too hard, she hasn't been getting any sleep." Sydel adds.

"Why is that?" Ayesha turned to look at Cyn, she scanned her attire and raised a brow before going back to watching the game. "Ah, I see."

"See what?" Hazel asked looking between Ayesha and Cynatra. Once she realized what Esh saw, she mirrored her energy.

"Someone tell me what's going on? Why y'all looking at me like that?"

Ayesha motioned her to come closer so she could say it privately. "There's something different about you sis. As if you're glowing, but what do I know."

Cynatra was confused at first but then she caught on, looking at herself. It would be impossible but she understood why people would assume that.

If she were anyone else, she would happily accept the rumors but there was no way Cynatra was pregnant, she couldn't have kids. A conversation she hadn't had with Juan yet, but would need to.

She mentioned she was damaged goods but it wasn't because of the act of being attacked, but the result. It was a pretty gruesome experience, that was what haunted her. She didn't understand why Taquan put so much effort into hurting her that way. For the most part, she was kind to him. Her only thing was, she was always forward about not wanting him romantically.

"You look like you've seen a ghost, you okay?" Cynatra looked over to Sydel who held a look of worry.

"I'm okay. Just spaced out."

Warriors ball, Jordan went for the three. He makes it, causing the crowd to cheer. This puts them in the lead by three and the clock is ticking.

"C'mon guys! Y'all got this!" Cynatra yelled as she intently watched them run the plays.

The Warriors win by two, but that's not celebrated due to the amount of turnovers and the lead they lost a few times.

"You want more? I'm gonna grab more myself." Cynatra had bowl full of shrimp scampi that she made. It seemed to be one of the things she kept down without soup before hand.

Juan nodded but he didn't have much more to say. He was in deep thought. When she returned, Cyn noticed his mind was somewhere else.

"Ronel, is everything okay?" She sits beside him. "You don't seem to be with me right now."

He placed her on his lap, kissing her forehead. "I'm sorry, just a lot on my mind."

"You wanna share? I'll listen." She offered. 

He pursed his lips, thinking of how to ask her this pressing question.

"Yeah, can I ask you something?"

The question itself gave her anxiety but she would learn that it was more than just a question.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

75.5K 1K 17
Your favorite NBA & NFL Players.
29.2K 624 24
In which 22 year old model, Renee Powers finds out that love is as real as the clouds in the sky. In which 22 year old NBA player, Jordan Poole comes...
82.6K 2.4K 24
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, she finds a best friend & lifelong companion in her teammate.
86.8K 1.4K 57
| BOOK 1 | Ayesha is not into athletes, nor will she ever be. But when one day she bumps into the one and only Stephen Curry in the halls of Davidson...