Rebirth Not To Be A Good Wife

By Xiaoshuo_

In the last life, Chu Qin lived as a model "good wife". To her mother-in-law, she was respectful and filial... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 19

969 14 0
By Xiaoshuo_

Chapter 19 Caramel

    Chu Qin looked down and saw that the light yellow caramel was chubby and evenly coated with a thin layer of starch.

    Chu Qin and Pei Yan arrived in the backyard, and followed their buddies into a small room. After a while, the tailor came over and took the measurements with ease. Pei Yan doesn't need to worry about the rest of things, such as what material to embroider and what pattern to use.

    The whole process is so simple, so that others can't get involved, so Chu Qin had to sit next to him and watch while drinking tea. After about a moment, Pei Yan finished the measurement, and he walked towards her and said, "You should also measure yourself."

    Chu Qin was stunned: "What should I measure?"

    Pei Yan smiled and said to the tailor casually: " According to my official position, I will make a court dress for my wife."

    Chu Qin was dumbfounded, and after a while, he said, "I don't need it."

    It really doesn't work. Although there is a lot of entertainment among the female relatives, and each family should prepare court clothes according to their own identities, but in fact, the female relatives of most families may not wear such clothes once in their lives, because the palace is not a place where they want to go after all. go.

    For example, banquets during New Years and festivals are, in the final analysis, entertainment between courtiers, that is, between men. Although Changqiu Palace would also send posts to the female relatives, they were only received by female relatives who were prominent enough.

    In this way, the female relatives next to them become very "free". If you are willing to enter the palace with your husband who is going to the banquet, it is not against the rules. But if you don't go, it's nothing, it's all insignificant. Besides, there are also banquets in the various prefectures during the New Year and festivals, and the female relatives have to manage the banquets at home.

    Therefore, many people simply do not spend that effort, and they do not even bother to prepare court clothes.

    When was the first time Chu Qin entered the palace to attend a banquet in his last life? She thought about it carefully, at least it was after the age of 30. And at that time, Pei Yan was no longer the current servant of the East Palace, which means that she is preparing the court clothes according to this status now, and she will not be able to use it at that time. She has to prepare it again. .

    But Pei Yan said, "Who said it's not useful? I've inquired about it. I have to go to the New Year's Eve banquet. Do you want to spend time at home by yourself?"

    Chu Qin couldn't help but froze again, so she got up and let the tailor do it for her. Tailoring the clothes, I just thought: So she can also enter the palace to celebrate the New Year at this moment?

    She remembered the years in her previous life. Whenever he would go to the palace to attend a banquet, she would stay at home by herself and deal with Mrs. Hu and the second sister-in-law, and later four younger siblings at the banquet.

    Naturally, they refused to give her a good look. She was struggling to cope, but she wanted to tell him that everything was fine and the family reunion was the most important thing. He also tentatively mentioned taking her into the palace with him. It seemed like she had said it once or twice, but she just regarded it as a polite sentence and perfunctory as always.

    Only now did she realize that he was not polite to her at all. As long as she wants, he can take her to the palace with him.

    That being the case, of course she was willing to follow him. Even in her previous life, she would feel that it was better to stay with him than to stay with Mrs. Hu. As for this life...

    she took a silent peek at him while he was sitting there waiting for her to take measurements, thinking that he was so good, of course she would rather spend the holidays with him.

    After Chu Qin also measured the size, the two turned back to the shop front facing the street, and Pei Yan paid the deposit. Huo Qi and the person who couldn't make clothes earlier had already left. Pei Yan didn't think much about them and asked Chu Qin with a smile, "Walk around?"

    "Okay!" Stepping out of the hall door, the steps are brisk. Pei Yan followed her unhurriedly, and he noticed an inconspicuous stall and called out, "Qinqin."

    Chu Qin stopped when he heard the sound, and when he turned around, he saw that he was touching the purse. He took out a few pennies and handed it to her, and she followed it to see that she was buying candy.

    This kind of caramel is originally produced in Shandong, but because it is delicious, it is sold in many places in Beijing, and you can buy ten pieces for three cents, and even poor families can buy it and eat it occasionally.

    The man who set up the stall wrapped ten pieces of paper and handed them to Pei Yan. Pei Yan turned and handed them to Chu Qin. Chu Qin looked down and saw that the light yellow caramel was chubby and evenly wrapped in a thin layer. thin starch. She first picked one to eat by herself, it was soft, fragrant and sweet in the mouth, and then took one and put it to Pei Yan's mouth. Can you do it too?"

    "I don't know, it should be possible, right?" Pei Yan was not sure, because the sugar was not to his taste, and he thought it was too sweet. But I don't know if it was because he had been "stealing" snacks from her room these days, and he was suddenly greedy when he saw this sorghum jelly, so he bought it casually, but he never called it in the mansion.

    Chu Qin wrote down this matter, and when he went back that afternoon, he asked Qingqiu to go to the dining room to ask about sorghum jelly. As for the cold noodles, they didn't eat it, mainly because they were tired from shopping and hurried back to the house to lie down.

    Qingqiu went there for about three minutes and came back. Not only did the people come back, but they also brought two plates of caramel, which Master Zhang made now.

    Chu Qin, who was resting on the bed, sat up all of a sudden, looked at the two plates of candy that Qingqiu handed over, and exclaimed, "Master Zhang really knows everything!"

    As he spoke, Pei Yan, who was lying on the outside, had already touched it. I took a piece to eat, and when I got it in front of my eyes, I found it was light orange, and frowned slightly.

    Qingqiu held up the two plates and said with a smile, "The one your son took has sweet potatoes added, and this plate is a decent sorghum yam."

    Pei Yan said "oh" and stopped "I made it in the pantry." "It's not authentic." He threw the sweet potato jelly into the mouth, and Chu Qin asked curiously, "Is it delicious?"

    "Not bad." He touched another one and handed it to her. She ate it with his hand naturally, and nodded after tasting it: "Yes, it smells like sweet potatoes."

    Then, the next morning, the two plates of candy were stolen by Pei Yan. As always, Chu Qin was unaware of this, because as soon as she said she wanted to eat candy, Qingqiu brought it. She never expected that Qingqiu had already helped Pei Yan to cover and show experience.

    Madam Hu also sent someone to pass on the message that day, and told Chu Qin to take a good rest and not to say hello. As soon as Chu Qin heard it, she knew that Madam Hu was really frightened by her fainting that day.

    Think about it too, Madam Hu has worked hard to maintain her virtuous reputation for most of her life, but she has been subject to a lot of discussion these days because of her fainting. Of course Madam Hu can't stand it, and any official and family member with a good reputation will suffer. not live.

    The reputation of this worldly woman is always easy to be ruined. If she encounters the misfortune of being raped, she will have to hang herself with three feet of white silk when she returns home. As for the notoriety like "treating my daughter-in-law harshly", it's good to have it once, but maybe it's a misunderstanding or a secret affair. Although others know about it, there will be discussions, but it's not just for this time. Come to a conclusion, but if it is two or three times, it will be different.

    Chu Qin, who has endured all his life, knows the suffering here.

    So on the third day, although Mrs. Hu wanted her not to go, she didn't hide anymore and went after breakfast. Because now is the time to be more careful, she is not afraid of anything else, but she is afraid that if she does not show up, Mrs. Hu will have the opportunity to push her fault on her head and say she is disrespectful. At that time, it's okay for her to be scolded. If she and Pei Yan fail to move out of Dingguo Gong's residence, it's really worth the loss.

    So for the next half a month, Duanfang Pavilion was performing a real "poci and filial piety" every day. Madam Hu, don't tell her to copy the rules and beat the palm of her hand, she didn't even say a single heavy word to Chu Qin, she even gave her two pairs to pack and a few pieces of material, and politely said that Saburo would work hard to enter the palace in the future. , I had to trouble her a little and let her take care of it.

    The so-called people who raise their hands and don't hit the smiling face, Madam Hu is so kind, and Chu Qin doesn't need to fight against her. Basically, it has become a situation where Madam Hu will answer whatever she says.

    On September 27th, the official uniform ordered by Pei Yan was delivered to the mansion. The tailor shop said that Chu Qin’s would have to wait for another two or three days, so Chu Qin checked Pei Yan’s clothes carefully to make sure the material, The embroidery patterns and official hat regulations were all correct, and there was no careless drop of a needle in the clothes, so Pei Yan was asked to try them on.

    On the same day, Huo Qi also got his official uniform, but he picked it up by himself, and by chance, he ran into the one who couldn't get the official uniform that day. , The two had a few words, and after leaving the tailor shop, they found a tavern to drink.

    At night, the drunk Huo Qi was stuffed into a carriage and sent back to the Earl of Changyi to rest. The man who came out with him was still in good spirits, watched him with a smile, and then got into the carriage and went all the way north, until it stopped in an alley not far from the imperial city.

    Under the night, the words "Prince Li's Mansion" written on the plaque glowed with dim light. The man just stepped forward and tapped the knocker, and the mansion door opened.

    The eunuch who came to lead the way silently made a "please" gesture, and the two walked towards the depths of the mansion together. Passing through a winding garden, the brightly lit study came into view. The man stopped first outside the courtyard gate. The eunuch walked to the door and said softly: "Your Highness, Master Zhang is here.

    " With the word "please", the eunuch hurried back to invite someone in. Only then did Zhang Zongqi walk into the courtyard, and when he reached the door of the room, the eunuch bowed and pushed open the door for him.

    He walked through the outhouse and into the inner room, and saw King Li sitting in front of the desk drinking tea. Zhang Zongqi hurriedly saluted, and King Li said lightly, "How is it?"

    King Li is now twenty-five years old, and is the eldest son of today's sage. But I don't know if it was because of the early death of his biological mother or because his concubine was not taken seriously, there was always a sullen look in Li Wang's gestures. Although he only spit out these two words calmly, Zhang Zongqi unconsciously avoided him. His gaze, and then his voice unconsciously softened: "Don't worry, Your Highness, I have made friends with the prince."

    A flash of light flashed in King Li's eyes, and then he put down the teacup: "Which one?"

    Zhang Zong said, " It's the son of the Earl of Changyi, Huo Qi."

    "It's really him." King Li smiled, leaning his back against the backrest, and continued quietly, "He is famous for his loveliness, and his words are always indifferent, but it's just right. Use it." After speaking, he glanced at Zhang Zongqi, "Since you have made friends with him, you should not try to get close to the rest for the time being. Don't do it deliberately, which will make people suspicious."

    The author said:

    I'm too busy, but I don't have enough 6,000. The comments of the previous chapter before the update of this chapter will be given red envelopes!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

973K 31.2K 70
Type Web Novel (CN) Genre Historical Romance Shoujo Slice of Life Tags[ ] Ancient China Early Romance Family ConflictFemale Protagonist Mysterious F...
168K 6.9K 45
Claire isn't your typical college student. Hell, she isn't a college student at all, but that doesn't stop her from applying for one of the biggest a...
1.3M 33.3K 46
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
2.9M 54.7K 17
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...