Chapter 19

Chapter 19 Caramel

    Chu Qin looked down and saw that the light yellow caramel was chubby and evenly coated with a thin layer of starch.

    Chu Qin and Pei Yan arrived in the backyard, and followed their buddies into a small room. After a while, the tailor came over and took the measurements with ease. Pei Yan doesn't need to worry about the rest of things, such as what material to embroider and what pattern to use.

    The whole process is so simple, so that others can't get involved, so Chu Qin had to sit next to him and watch while drinking tea. After about a moment, Pei Yan finished the measurement, and he walked towards her and said, "You should also measure yourself."

    Chu Qin was stunned: "What should I measure?"

    Pei Yan smiled and said to the tailor casually: " According to my official position, I will make a court dress for my wife."

    Chu Qin was dumbfounded, and after a while, he said, "I don't need it."

    It really doesn't work. Although there is a lot of entertainment among the female relatives, and each family should prepare court clothes according to their own identities, but in fact, the female relatives of most families may not wear such clothes once in their lives, because the palace is not a place where they want to go after all. go.

    For example, banquets during New Years and festivals are, in the final analysis, entertainment between courtiers, that is, between men. Although Changqiu Palace would also send posts to the female relatives, they were only received by female relatives who were prominent enough.

    In this way, the female relatives next to them become very "free". If you are willing to enter the palace with your husband who is going to the banquet, it is not against the rules. But if you don't go, it's nothing, it's all insignificant. Besides, there are also banquets in the various prefectures during the New Year and festivals, and the female relatives have to manage the banquets at home.

    Therefore, many people simply do not spend that effort, and they do not even bother to prepare court clothes.

    When was the first time Chu Qin entered the palace to attend a banquet in his last life? She thought about it carefully, at least it was after the age of 30. And at that time, Pei Yan was no longer the current servant of the East Palace, which means that she is preparing the court clothes according to this status now, and she will not be able to use it at that time. She has to prepare it again. .

    But Pei Yan said, "Who said it's not useful? I've inquired about it. I have to go to the New Year's Eve banquet. Do you want to spend time at home by yourself?"

    Chu Qin couldn't help but froze again, so she got up and let the tailor do it for her. Tailoring the clothes, I just thought: So she can also enter the palace to celebrate the New Year at this moment?

    She remembered the years in her previous life. Whenever he would go to the palace to attend a banquet, she would stay at home by herself and deal with Mrs. Hu and the second sister-in-law, and later four younger siblings at the banquet.

    Naturally, they refused to give her a good look. She was struggling to cope, but she wanted to tell him that everything was fine and the family reunion was the most important thing. He also tentatively mentioned taking her into the palace with him. It seemed like she had said it once or twice, but she just regarded it as a polite sentence and perfunctory as always.

    Only now did she realize that he was not polite to her at all. As long as she wants, he can take her to the palace with him.

    That being the case, of course she was willing to follow him. Even in her previous life, she would feel that it was better to stay with him than to stay with Mrs. Hu. As for this life...