Chapter 34

Chapter 34 Taro Chicken

    The taro, which was already rotten when it came out of the pot, was full of flavor, and it melted in one sip. The delicate taste was better than chicken.

    "Sanlang!" Madam Hu called out to him, but he ignored it. Chu Qin hesitated for a few times, but finally did not persuade him a word, and went out with him.

    The main hall is in the front house, which is some distance from the back house where her main courtyard is located. When going back, he has to pass his study in the front house.

    Walking to the entrance of the study courtyard, Pei Yan stopped, his eyes fell on Chu Qin's side cheeks, and he became a little cautious: "Qin Qin, you go back and rest first. I... want to be quiet."

    His tone contained Feeling guilty and guilty, she felt as though she owed her.

    She grabbed his hand: "Okay, I'll wait for you to have dinner together." It was

    not yet time for lunch, and she said, "Have dinner together", just to let him slow down.

    Pei Yan smiled, but his feet didn't move, meaning to let her go first. When she walked to the back house, he turned around and entered the courtyard, and walked into the door without saying a word.

    Chu Qin returned to the bedroom in the main courtyard alone, sitting with her head down, the more she thought about it, the more she felt wronged for Pei Yan.

    - How can you be a father like this? On weekdays, he was away for years and months, but when he came back, he asked his son to be grateful to Dade, and he would beat people if something went wrong.

    The more she thought about what Duke Ding had just said, the more she thought, the more she felt that Duke Ding was not worthy of being a father, at least not worthy of being Pei Yan's father.

    He said, "When you got married, your father was ill and it wasn't that you didn't come back to see you on purpose."

    This is simply a cover-up.

    What kind of lintel is Dingguo Gongfu? If he, as a father, was serious about it, even if he was ill at that time, he could have had someone come back to give him a congratulatory gift. It was really impossible. At least he could have someone come to congratulate him instead of delaying it until now.

    At that time, he didn't know anything about it, and he simply forgot about Pei Yan's wedding.

    He also said, "You have been disrespectful since you were a child. I didn't care about you because of the untimely death of your biological mother."

    This sounded to be an angry rebuke of Pei Yan, but under the careful consideration, there was a great sense of self-deception.

    For more than ten years, he has neglected to take care of Pei Yan, and he must know it in his heart, so he is inevitably guilty. But if this is interpreted as "remembering your biological mother's early death", everything seems to have become "for your own good", and you can forgive it. If you don't forgive, you don't know how to praise.

    The last sentence, "When your biological mother had a difficult birth, why wasn't you the one who died" was even more exaggerated. Chu Qin couldn't believe what parents could say to their children, even if they were harsh to her. My grandmother never said such a thing. My grandmother would beat her, scold her and punish her to kneel in the yard, making her tremble with fear now, but she never said she was looking forward to her death.

    Chu Qin felt in his heart that Ding Guogong's words were more hurtful than his grandmother's beatings and scolding.

    That's why she regretted sitting like this for a moment, and felt that she shouldn't have said "have dinner together" with Pei Yan at all.