Rebirth Not To Be A Good Wife

By Xiaoshuo_

In the last life, Chu Qin lived as a model "good wife". To her mother-in-law, she was respectful and filial... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 14

1.2K 21 1
By Xiaoshuo_

Chapter 14 Roast Meat

    As soon as she took a bite, the fresh and sweet taste spread in her mouth along with the beef soup.

    Just like to eat.

    Chu Qin was relieved, and did not explicitly say that the barbecue was to thank him for the screen he sent, but only said: "I like the screen sent by Saburo. Thank you, Saburo, would you like to come in and have a look?"

    "We'll see later . Let's go." Pei Yan snorted, seeing the situation in the yard, how could she still have the mind to enter the house, walked down the corridor and climbed the steps, she sat down directly where she was sitting, and then patted the side: "Come on."

    His movements were too natural, and Chu Qin hesitated for a moment before going to sit down. Xiao Zhang, who was waiting by the stove, glanced at them, and asked, "Then you will bake it?"

    "Bake it." Chu Qin nodded, and Xiao Zhang quickly got busy. In fact, besides him, there is a little girl of seven or eight years old who is in the pantry to help, but he is in charge of baking things, and the little girl is responsible for helping the delivery of meat, running errands, etc. Xiaozhang said what he wanted , she ran to the food box under the corridor to find it.

    The little girl didn't wear a bun, she had two braids tied at the back of her head, with a red headband tied on top of her head, and the braids swayed when she ran, looking very lively.

    Pei Yan, who was sitting on the porch waiting for the meat to eat, had nothing to do. His eyes floated up following her lively figure unconsciously. After watching it twice, he suddenly realized that Chu Qin seemed to be watching, so he raised his hand and slammed in front of her. snapped his fingers.

    Chu Qin regained his senses in one second, and then glared at him the next: "What are you doing?"

    Pei Yan clicked: "Why, are you envious of other people's braids? Go, come in, I'll call you one too."

    Chu Qin was surprised : Who envied her braids? What is there to envy!

    But when he asked, he was even more surprised: "You still have braids?!"

    Pei Yan really didn't expect her to take it seriously, and her expression suddenly became complicated. The two of them looked at each other for two breaths, and he twitched his brows and said, "No."

    Chu Qin: "..."

    Oh.

    tease her again.

    Annoying!

    She didn't want to pay attention to him anymore, and continued to wait for the barbecue coldly, looking so indifferent as if she wanted to eat people. Pei Yan saw that she was unhappy but even more excited: "Hey, did you have someone measure your clothes today?"

    "How many are you going to cut?"

    "Remember to show me when you're ready?"

    Chu Qin clearly felt him Looking for words when he has nothing to say, but he still has a good temper to ask and answer him.

    Xiaozhang quickly cooked the first meat, which was the beef brisket and ribs that had been marinated in a sweet and savory sauce for a long time.

    The meat has long been marinated and deliciously juicy. Seeing that the two were sitting under the porch, he didn't seem to have any intention of entering the house to eat, so he directly took two plates and put a few pieces of meat on each, and asked the little girl to bring it to them.

    The little girl ran up to him and was about to reach for the plate. Xiao Zhang wanted to get a tray and let her carry the two plates together, but when she looked up at the way Pei Sanlang and Mrs. Chu were getting along, she was suddenly moved. Nian, he poured the meat from the two plates together, and handed it to her in a low voice: "If the son and the lady ask why there is only one plate, you can say that there will be other meat in a while, I'm afraid there are too many plates. Let it go."     After saying this, he was a little nervous, but after thinking about it, it should be fine. His father said that the two of Muyuan are not mean people, and they can raise their hands for small mistakes. And if you do it right, this matter will probably be in their favor—at least it will be in Pei Saburo's favor.     On the stone steps, Pei Yan continued to ask, "Have you tasted the chicken soup? Is it delicious?"     Chu Qin said it was delicious, and when he looked up and saw the meat, he was relieved. Seeing that there was only one plate, she didn't ask any further, she just stretched out her hand to take it, and put it on Pei Yan's lap: "Sanlang, eat quickly, stop talking."     Oh, do you dislike him?     Pei Yan's heart skipped a beat, and he took the chopsticks that Qingqiu had given him and slammed it. He picked up a piece of meat and sent it to Chu Qin.     Chu Qin didn't expect him to be like this, so he avoided it subconsciously and glared at him through the chopsticks: "You're delicious!"

    Pei Yan smiled: "Hurry up, I will hold it for a while and it will be cold, and it will not taste good when it is cold."

    She didn't move, she still glared at him, but he held it like that when she didn't move. After a while, she had to compromise, leaned forward, and ate the piece of meat.

    As soon as she took a bite, the fresh and sweet taste spread in her mouth along with the soup from the cow. Pei Yan also ate a piece, chewing and saying, "It tastes good."

    Chu Qin: "It's good."

    He immediately turned to his side and fed her again: "Then you have another piece."

    "..." Chu Qin was speechless and choked . , ate the meat while staring at him, then ran to Xiaozhang with his skirt, and asked for a pair of bowls and chopsticks.

    Xiao Zhang stopped smiling and handed her something in a serious manner, but he was complimenting himself on how well he did it.

    Outside the courtyard wall of Muyuan, Pei Feng walked back while thinking about the article he taught today, walking slowly. Suddenly, he smelled a faint smell of meat. He didn't notice it at first, but he was gradually hungry because of the smell of meat. Then he looked over subconsciously, and his eyes touched the thin smoke again.

    ...Oh, co-authoring is to bake something to eat?

    I didn't hunt during the non-year or festival season, so I just roasted it in the yard?

    The third brother didn't know it, and the concubine's courage couldn't be that big, so it was probably the idea of ​​the Chu family.

    This little sister is pretty funny.

    Pei Feng curled his lips to himself, and inadvertently walked quickly under his feet, wanting to go back quickly to see what delicious food in his main courtyard tonight.

    In the main courtyard of Muyuan, Pei Yan and Chu Qin just sat on the stone steps under the corridor to eat, and unknowingly, they ate from 4:30 to 6:00. They all ate the beefy chicken, the tender lamb shank, the slippery fish fillet, and the delicious grilled shrimp, and there was not a single piece of pork belly that became tender on the outside and tender on the inside after being grilled and brushed with sauce.

    When they were full and full of food and went back to the house, Chu Qin was still holding a bowl of soup in his hand. This soup is unremarkable, with only finely chopped vegetables in it, but it's the perfect time to drink it to relieve tiredness. If it weren't for the fact that she couldn't eat it, she actually wanted to chomp on a few more crunchy cucumbers.     Pei Yan sat in the bedroom for a while and then went to study in the Westinghouse as usual. When he passed, Xiaozhang and the little girl were still cleaning up outside. He asked Wang Yu to call them into the Westinghouse, nodding and smiling: "Thank you. "     The third son is being polite, I don't dare to do it." Xiaozhang gave a big bow, the little girl beside him was too young, and she was doing just fine just now. Now that she was called in to talk, she was cowardly, and timidly grabbed Xiaozhang's head. The corners of the clothes did not dare to say a word.     This kind of behavior is actually a bit rude, Pei Yan didn't take it seriously, asked Wang Yu to give the reward, and prepared an additional copy for Master Zhang, and then looked at the little girl and said, "Go to my lady's house and let her get it for you. Candy." The     little girl became more cowardly when she heard this, lowered her head and ducked back, Xiao Zhang smiled and patted her: "It's alright, let's go." The     little girl timidly answered the promise and retreated from the Westinghouse. out.     Seeing that Pei Yan just sent her away first, Xiao Zhang raised his head and asked, "Is there any orders for you?"     "You are very smart." Pei Yan raised his eyebrows at him. Xiao Zhang knew what he was talking about, so he raised his hand and scratched the back of his head: "May the son and the lady be together for a hundred years, um... Qin Se and Ming, give birth to your son early, and grow old!"     Pei Yan was amused: "So many In auspicious words, do you want to be rewarded?"     "Don't dare!" Xiao Zhang lowered his head.     He could see that they were having a good time, and he knew that there would be a reward tonight. But the third son had just rewarded him with five taels of silver, and the purse he gave to his father was even more, far more than he thought.     It's just a meal, and this reward is enough for their family to have enough food and clothing for a year.     But he saw Pei Yan walking around to the desk, opened the drawer and took out something, walked up to him, and spread out his hand: "Take this, and tell your father clearly that you earned it by your ability. But you are still young. , you have to let him keep it, you know?"

    Xiaozhang was so frightened by the golden dagger in his hand that he stepped back: "This, this, this, this is not good... Young master, only one meal, slave can't..."

    "Take it." Pei Yan grabbed him With his hand, he slammed the golden clasp into his palm, and said with a smile, "When you grow up and marry a wife, you will understand."

    "..." Xiao Zhang could not refuse any more, so he could only thank him a lot. After accepting the gold coins, I was thinking ignorantly: Are you so happy?

    Husband and wife can be so happy to have a meal together, no wonder everyone wants to start a family!

    Xiao Zhang exited the study and waited in the main room, and the little girl who came with him also exited the bedroom. She still had a piece of candy in her hand and a few sesame seeds on her mouth. Holding a large oil paper bag in her hand, you can see at a glance that it is full of desserts. It can be seen that Mrs. Chu is also very generous.

    The two children left Muyuan together. They followed the rules and did not stop at random, and went straight back to the dining room. If they couldn't get those things like ovens and food boxes, they left them in the Muyuan Garden, and they would just send someone to pick them up tomorrow when there were people in the dining room.     When the two returned, they had already rested in the dining room. Master Zhang was resting in the bedroom in the innermost courtyard, and his wife, Mrs. Zhu, was doing needlework in the outer room. Xiaozhang entered the room and called Shengniang, Zhu Shi was happy when she looked up, and first brought the little girl to her to wipe her mouth: "Didn't I go to Muyuan to do an errand? Where did Yuner get a mouthful of sesame seeds?"     Yuner said this After a while, he stopped cowardly, picked up the package of snacks in his hand and handed it to Zhu Shi, and said crisply: "Ms. Chu rewarded me, and my wife eats it!"     Zhu Shi wanted to laugh even more: "These are all snacks made by our pantry. , I went back and forth and brought it back. Well, I'll keep it for you, if you want to eat, tell me, don't eat too much, or you won't eat well."     Yuner nodded obediently, and Xiao Zhang looked at it. Smiling at her, he went into the house to talk to his father.     Master Zhang had expected some rewards from Muyuan early in the morning. Hearing that Xiaozhang and Yuner each got 50 taels of silver, he thought it was too much, but he didn't say anything. Looking at Xiaozhang again, he took out a purse and said it was given to him by the Third Young Master. When he opened it and saw the seven or eight taels of silver in it, he felt more.

    Then Xiao Zhang handed over the golden scorpion again. Master Zhang couldn't hold back, and slapped him on the head: "I asked you to do something and you charged so much money? You are so daring!

    " Zhang frowned and rubbed his head: "I don't want to accept it, the third son has to put it on me, and I can't push it."

    Master Zhang felt uneasy: "What did the third son say?"

    Xiao Zhang nodded: "He said... ... He said that when I grow up and get a wife, I will understand."     Master

    Zhang: "?"     But why doesn't he understand? !     At the beginning of September, the palace can be considered to pass down a decree, calling the sons of various prominent families in Beijing to enter the palace to meet the prince on the seventh day of September. After receiving the decree, the various governments knew what they were going for. It was not yet dawn on the ninth day of September, and many residences were busy. Even Chu Qin didn't have the heart to sleep more that day, so she got up with Pei Yan and helped him prepare to enter the palace.     Xu Shi has been tensed up by this matter for too long, but now Pei Yan is not nervous anymore. Seeing Chu Qin yawning and getting out of bed, he washed his face and raised his head: "What are you doing up so early? Sleep a little longer."

    "Go to bed later." Chu Qin stood up sleepily and yawned again, "Mother said that she is going to say hello to the Empress today, and to go to the palace with you, so we don't have to say hello, I'll say hello when you leave. Just sleep."

    That's fine.

    Pei Yan stopped persuading him and continued to wash his face. Chu Qinzhuo pulled her shoes to the wooden rack next to it. This wooden rack could fully unfold the clothes and hang them. Usually, they were used to hang more solemn dresses. She carefully checked the moon-white crew-neck shirt that Pei Yan was going to wear today. After confirming that it was correct, he went to the tea couch again.

    There is a tray on the couch of the tea couch, and in the tray are jade pendants, sachets, leather belts, folding fans and other items, all newly purchased and neatly arranged. It stands to reason that there will be no problems with these things, because in such a major event, the Dingguo Palace will be both prosperous and damaged. Even if Mrs. Hu doesn't like Pei Yan, she will not give him a mess at this time.

    But she still checked everything seriously, and opened the seal of the sachet to pour out all the spices inside to take a look.

    At that time, Pei Yan was sitting in front of the mirror combing his hair, and Qing Qiu stood behind him and helped him put on the jade crown. He raised his eyes inadvertently, just in time to see Chu Qin busy on the tea couch in the mirror, and then he looked at it, and couldn't help laughing: "Why, afraid of people hurting me?"

    Chu Qin glanced at him and poured it out. She put the spices back and said, "I can't say it, but it's always right to be cautious." After the

    spices were packed, she carefully fastened the seal. Pei Yan still stared at her in the mirror, slowly asking, "Are you worried about me?"

    Her expression froze visibly.

    She lowered her head and put the sachet back in the tray, without answering him, neither denying nor admitting it.

    Pei Yan smiled to himself and waited. Seeing that she didn't speak, he gave up.

    Chu Qin calmed down silently for a while before raising his eyes again, his eyes fell into the mirror from afar, and what he saw was his lowered eyebrows.

    His expression was indifferent, the smile that he had just held has disappeared, and his face has no emotion, but she felt inexplicably that he seemed unhappy.

    He is actually a person who is accustomed to covering up his emotions, not to mention that his happiness and anger are invisible, at least his depression and annoyance will not be easily revealed. Maybe it was because they became husband and wife for two generations, she felt his emotions all at once, and after thinking about it carefully, she knew that it was probably because of her silence just now.

    She didn't have any intention of coaxing him, but at that moment she was very distressed. She knew in her heart that he was alone in this mansion. Madam Hu, the first-mother, wished she could not live without him. Although the old lady Lu took care of him, she was not very managerial after all, and she didn't see much of him. It wasn't easy for him to get a little bit of attention.

    But if she only said that she was worried about him now, it would be useless to think about it. It seemed that she said that because she saw that he was unhappy, and it seemed fake and perfunctory.

    Therefore, Chu Qin was not in a hurry to say anything, only Zuo could not see his mood, and the atmosphere in the room became silent. got some interest.

    After breakfast, he was going to go out. The will passed down in the palace was that they should enter the palace at four o'clock every hour. According to the time of the Western clock, it was eight o'clock in the morning. It was almost six o'clock after they finished this trip, and they entered the palace in a carriage, so they should be able to be a quarter or two earlier.

    Pei Yan put on the big cloak handed by Wang Yu as he walked out. The cloak matched the crew-neck shirt on him, the same color and material, and the sleeves were very wide, just like a dress should look like.

    Chu Qin followed him out and helped him straighten the back collar. When he reached the courtyard gate, she opened her lips faintly: "Sanlang."

    "Huh?" Pei Yan stopped and turned around. Tun said: "You go well, it doesn't matter if this is successful or not. Just don't cause any trouble in the East Palace. The most important thing is to be safe."

    Pei Yan: "Yeah."

    "I'll wait for you to come back for dinner tonight." She smiled After a while, his eyes lowered and his expression became solemn, "You are right, I am really worried about you."

    Pei Yan's eyes trembled, and for a while, everything around him seemed to freeze. He stared at her, stunned.

    Chu Qin noticed his gaze, and his cheeks became hot. She didn't have the confidence to look at him, hesitated for a while, and then continued gently: "If this happens, come back in the evening and I'll have carp served in the dining room, which is called the carp leaping over the dragon gate; Whatever you make is delicious, and you can do your best."

    Pei Yan didn't understand, and was stunned: "Why double-cooked pork?"

    In fact, Chu Qin couldn't talk anymore. She has never been someone who can coax people, and she felt that her nonsense statement was far-fetched, and every word she said bravely: "Twice-cooked pork needs to be cooked twice before it tastes good, the first time it was just passing through, It's not the result, don't worry too much..."

    Pei Yan suddenly laughed, he suddenly wanted to take a good look at her, but her head was lowered, so that he could only see the bun and pearl on her head. He then squatted down with a flip of his robe and looked up at her expression carefully.

    Chu Qin only felt that his face hit her line of sight all of a sudden, she subconsciously wanted to hide, but she couldn't raise her head to hide.

    Pei Yan squatted there and smiled: "I will definitely come back to eat with you in the evening."

    "..." Chu Qin looked at him and nodded, "En."

    "Let's go." Pei Yanfu stood up with another snort and strode out of the courtyard gate. In just this moment, he felt that the sky was brighter.

    so good.

    Pei Yan admired the green bamboos planted by the stone road while walking, and took a deep breath of the refreshing coolness of the late autumn.

    He walked briskly along the way. When he reached the gate, Pei Feng was already there. Pei Yan stepped forward and nodded: "Big brother."

    "Here you come?" Brother and fourth brother haven't come out yet?"

    Pei Feng choked: "Second brother hasn't come yet, fourth brother won't go."

    He stopped speaking at this point, but it was enough for Pei Yan to understand.

    Although the fourth brother is only one year younger than him, and the age of the prince is not too different, but the second brother is the elder brother of his mother, and the two brothers go together. It will be somewhat embarrassing.

    The two waited at the gate of the mansion for a short while before their second son Pei Yu came out. Madam Hu came out with him, saw Pei Feng and Pei Yan, and politely took care of them, and the four of them went out and got on the carriage.

    In fact, they could see that what Madam Hu said to ask the empress was just a pretense. In the end, I was just too nervous about this, so I simply found an excuse to enter the palace and stay there, thinking that it would be good to hear the news of my son a moment earlier.

    But so what - Pei Yan secretly thought inexplicably arrogantly: There are people on his side who care about him!

    He no longer has to envy others.

    The four-carriage rumbled up from the alley in front of the mansion and rushed to the palace. Chu Qin in Muyuan yawned and went back to bed. She planned to sleep for a while, but she felt more and more uneasy.

    It stands to reason that she should be the least nervous in this manor, because she knows the outcome of the matter, and knows that Pei Yan is determined to win this position in the palace.

    But it may be because she has seen many variables since her rebirth - although it is a small matter in the parents' life, it is enough to let her know that this life is not static.

    And those variables are all because of her. In the final analysis, it is because of her change of temper, which has caused a chain of differences. She couldn't help but think, Pei Yan's participation in the selection of the prince's servants... Wouldn't she be changed by her invisibly?

    In her last life, she never asked about this matter, and he just read books in a steady and steady way, so-called without distractions. And these days she frequently prepares late night snacks for him, will it make him different?

    Also, in his last life, he had been bored in the school all the time. Every time he had dinner, he would eat there while he was bored. After using it, he would read a book. But now he uses it almost every day in the main courtyard. After using it, he can't help but chat with her, which seems to have taken a lot of time to study?

    Chu Qin lay there thinking wildly, forcibly panicking himself. She stared at the top of the curtain and gasped, and while she was panting, she muttered to herself: It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it must be okay... In

    the carriage, Pei Yan closed his eyes and took a nap to calm down. When the carriage stopped, Wang Yu, who was driving the horse, called him twice before he woke up. He got off the carriage and asked Pei Feng casually, "Brother, what time is it?"

    Pei Feng took out his pocket watch and looked at it: "It's half past seven." Then he frowned, "Where is your watch? Lost it?"

    Madam Hu happened to walk beside her while she was talking, her brows jumped when she heard the words, but she didn't say anything. .

    When Pei Yan didn't see it, he smiled and said, "It's for my wife."

    "...You can really do it." Pei Feng looked a little complicated. Western timepieces are still rare items. There are not many households that can use them in Beijing, and not everyone in the palace uses them. Concubines and concubines who are not distinguished enough can’t see these things, and they still use hourglass sundial to keep time.

    Therefore, even in the Dingguo Gongfu, the clocks and pocket watches are very precious. The piece for Pei Feng was given by his father, the piece for Pei Yu was specially bought for him by Mrs. Hu, and the piece for Pei Yan was given to him by the old lady Lu as a gift when he got married.

    Then he gave it to Lady Chu like that?

    Pei Feng remembered going out for the festival during the Qixi Festival, and he said to him in a tone of voice, "Don't let your sister-in-law know, can I ask you?"

    Pei Yan was stunned, and his voice was hoarse: "I When I gave it to her, my sister-in-law was there."

    The author has something to say:

    I feel like my writing is shouting to everyone every day: Are you hungry? Are you hungry? Are you hungry? Are you hungry?

    Random 50 comments in this chapter to send red envelopes, alright

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 254 79
After waking up in the morning Cheng Chu went to the school . She discovered that the autistic and stuttering boy in the class turned out to be cut...
108K 2.1K 61
This is not my story: Credits to the owner/s: For Offline purpose only. "Then why don't I marry you!" Yu Dong suddenly proposed. "You..." Xia Feng...
829K 8.2K 67
𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ don't forget to vote, share and comment. 🤍
166K 2.9K 36
For my offline reading only.