Rebirth Not To Be A Good Wife

By Xiaoshuo_

In the last life, Chu Qin lived as a model "good wife". To her mother-in-law, she was respectful and filial... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 6

1.9K 23 1
By Xiaoshuo_

Chapter 6 Cold Noodles

    What's the meaning? Did you give her this bowl? Is he polite when he's angry? Is he this temper?

    Pei Yan left simply and neatly, and Qing Qiu's blessing was sent off, and he was relieved. Going back to the room to tell Chu Qin, Chu Qin also breathed a sigh of relief.

    She pulled her shoes and walked back to the dining table, and Qingquan carefully brought back the bowl of boiled fish. She grabbed the fresh fish and asked, "What's the matter with Saburo?"

    "It doesn't seem to be anything." Qingqiu thought about it, "The servant told him that the lady was asleep, and he left without saying anything. , It seems that there is nothing important."

    "Oh." Chu Qin nodded while drinking the mung bean soup.

    If such a situation happened in a previous life, she would definitely ask Pei Yan, for fear that she would not be thoughtful enough and make him feel that she doesn't care about the affairs of the house. But now she's relaxed, she thinks that if he really has something important, he can't say it tomorrow, and if he doesn't say it, it means that it doesn't matter.

    She continued to eat with peace of mind. She ate two bowls of rice with boiled fish. She also tasted a bite or two of other dishes, and drank a lot of iced mung bean soup.

    In the study room in the front yard, when Wang Yu went to the school to deliver meals, he rushed to the school again, and gave a box of good dishes to the book boy as before.

    But when he looked back, he was dumbfounded. He thought that the young master must have gone to the main courtyard of Lady Chu, but before he could enter the study, he saw him sitting in front of the book desk with a gloomy face.

    He was not reading a book, his legs were swayed on the table, his whole body was leaning on the backrest, his arms were folded in front of him, his eyes were closed, and there was a faint word of trouble between his eyebrows.

    Wang Yu was dumbfounded and asked carefully, "Young Master, have you eaten yet?"

    "No."

    Wang Yu's back suddenly became cold. It is impossible for him to "rob" the food he gave to the book boy and let Pei Yan eat it, but if he asks the pantry to cook it again, he will inevitably have to board for a long time. Looking at Pei Yan's obviously unhappy face, Wang Yu felt that he would be scolded if he didn't say much.

    He could only scratch his neck and said, "The slave is going to pick up the meal..."

    "Didn't you just go to pick up the meal?" Pei Yan still looked up from his eyes, without raising his eyelids, "Is it a reward?"

    "..." Wang Yu's scalp was numb.

    Pei Yan sneered: "Just right, I don't want to eat. Go and prepare water, I want to sleep."

    Ah?

    Wang Yu was even more dumbfounded, and looked at the clock that swayed left and right: It's only six o'clock.

    But looking at Pei Yan's frost-beating eggplant-like appearance, Wang Yu didn't dare to say a word of nonsense, and immediately went with someone to prepare water.

    So before seven o'clock, Pei Yan was lying on the bed in the study.

    But he couldn't sleep, partly because he was upset, partly because it was too early. He tossed pancakes over and over on the bed, thinking about whether to read a book first, then got up and relit the lamp. But when he sat in front of the book desk, he was so annoyed that he couldn't even read the book, so he finally turned off the light and went back to the bed to continue pancakes.

    Wang Yu stayed in the outhouse. Seeing the lights in the room turned off and on, on and off, he knew that Pei Yan had not slept at all.

    Unconsciously at ten o'clock, he heard Pei Yan getting up and pouring water again, and finally went out of the room and dragged the boy who was guarding the yard outside to ask questions: "I ask you, what's wrong with your son today? ?"

    The servant's name is Zhang Jue, who is only thirteen years old now, and was confused by Wang Yu's question: "I don't know..."

    Wang Yu frowned and asked in a different way, "What have you been doing since the young master came back from the school? Didn't go to the main courtyard?"

    "Go." Zhang Jue nodded again and again, "Xiao followed him, but by the time we got to the main courtyard, Mrs. Chu had already fallen asleep, and the son came back without letting the son in. This answer was different from

    what Wang Yu thought. Wang Yu was stunned and asked, "Didn't you quarrel with Mrs. Chu?

    " Are you arguing?"

    Wang Yu pondered for a while, then cautiously continued to ask, "When did the young master feel bad? But what happened in the school?"

    In the end, Zhang Jue said, "I didn't hear anything from the young master. If you want to say when you were in a bad mood..." He thought about it for a while, and said firmly, "It was after returning from the main courtyard."

    That would be strange.

    If it was said that he was in a bad mood after returning from the main courtyard, it should be because he was angry with Madam Chu. But if he didn't meet at all, how could he be angry with Lady Chu?

    The son is never an unreasonable person!

    After thinking about it, Wang Yusi still couldn't understand it, so he had to do it. After an unknown amount of time, Pei Yan finally fell asleep. He didn't sleep peacefully this time, and his dreams were all messed up with old things. When he saw that his four-year-old was sick, no one paid attention. Madam Hu hated him, his father was too lazy to pay attention to him, and the servants in the house also They are very perfunctory, and he often has to endure the discomfort when he wants to drink water.

    When he was six years old, he saw a cousin who lived in Dingguo's mansion for his birthday. The whole mansion was celebrating his birthday, and many guests came, sending gifts in an endless stream. But he happened to have the same birthday as that cousin, everyone forgot, only the eldest brother remembered.

    But the eldest brother was still young at that time and did not dare to disobey Mrs. Hu, the stepmother, so he had to ask the pantry to serve him a bowl of birthday noodles during dinner.

    He still remembers the taste of that bowl of noodles, and he is always grateful to Big Brother. Just thinking about it made him still bitter.

    When Pei Yan opened his eyes again, it was almost the same time as usual to get up. It was just dawn outside the window. He lay on the bed and stared at the curtain for a while before sitting up.

    He forgot for a while that the injury on his left hand was not yet healed, and the pain in his eyes warmed when he inadvertently exerted force.

    Pei Yan took a deep breath, slowed down expressionlessly, stretched his hand to the front of his face for a long time, and couldn't help but imagine how Chu Qin had helped him with medicine that day.

    The way she applied the medicine was serious and careful, and the ointment was applied little by little on his palm, for fear of hurting him.

    Such caution made him take it for granted that she cared about him.

    Thinking of this, Pei Yan laughed at himself. Then he got up and summoned Wang Yu, and calmly washed and dined.

    Wang Yu looked at him calmly while working hard, and he didn't have much effort to see that he was still in a bad mood, and then he tried to find out if it was because of the main courtyard: "Young master took it to the school yesterday. I haven't finished eating the sesame candy, so I still take it today?" He asked as usual.

    Seeing Pei Yan's brows wrinkling: "I don't take it. How old are you, you still eat candy every day."

    When Wang Yu heard it, it really was because of the main courtyard.

    He knew something in his heart, and after Pei Yan went to the school, he told his subordinates, so that they would not ask Mrs. Chu in front of the son recently. As for other things, they don't have to do anything deliberately, because Pei Yan is not a person who can take down people and vent their anger.

    However, Wang Yu thought about it clearly, but he couldn't help the people below him have other plans. Zhang Jue's elder brother Zhang Ji was also working beside Pei Yan. Hearing that Mrs. Chu had offended Pei Saburo, his mind suddenly became active. While Pei Saburo was studying at the school and there was nothing to do in the courtyard, he avoided people and went to the back house and knocked on the door of the west courtyard.

    An shi couldn't see Pei Yan all day long, and he was worried. When he heard that the servant next to Pei Yan came, he immediately ordered Zhang Ji to be invited into the main room and served tea.

    "I don't know what happened to Saburo?" An shi took his seat in the main seat, but he was only half seated on the chair, showing a little cowardly temperament inexplicably.

    Zhang Ji didn't want to look at her too much. He sat on the side seat, lowered his eyes and smiled and said, "Young master didn't give any orders. The slave found it by himself. There is some good news to tell my aunt, but I don't know if my aunt wants to hear it."

    "What's the good news?" An shi was curious, and then noticed something, and looked at him and said, "What do you want?"

    "Don't dare, don't dare." Zhang Ji waved his hand, "I just hope that if my aunt will come to life in the future. , you can get a small piece of the soup."

    This means asking for money. In the big mansion, it is easiest to ask for money.

    An Shi smiled lightly: "It's natural. If you can help me, of course I will remember you well - let's talk about it, what is the good news?"

    Zhang Yu lowered his voice: "Young Master and the student in the main courtyard. After the quarrel, it is said that I have been angry since last night, and I am still in a bad mood until this morning. You say, is this good news?"

    An's eyes suddenly lit up: "Of course it is!"

    Zhang Ji echoed He also smiled and said, "Then you can prepare for your life. I guess that the young master will not come back from the school too early today, this is an opportunity. You should go early at dinner time, before Wang Yu has brought the meal. , just go to the son first, it's just right."

    An Shi understood what he meant, suppressed his joy, and nodded: "Thank you."

    "You're welcome." Zhang Ji didn't mind selling one more favor, "You You might as well prepare your meal as you like. I heard that the pantry made a Su-style hot pot two days ago, and the young master ate it in the main courtyard, and he thought it was good." The

    Su-style hot pot, An shi firmly remembered it. With these four words, he said to Zhang Ji again, "Thank you."

    "Auntie is very polite." Zhang Ji smiled, and after saying that, he planned to get up and leave.

    This is the back house in the end, without Pei Saburo's instructions, he didn't dare to come over by himself. He came here at a risk.

    Then the whole day passed smoothly. Chu Qin didn't know that Pei Yan was angry with her at all. After taking a nap, he began to wonder what to eat for dinner, and finally decided to try the cold noodles with the oil and spicy seeds.

    Qingqiu went to the dining room again according to her instructions. Master Zhang was not surprised by this, and immediately started to prepare other condiments and side dishes suitable for cold noodles. It is best to walk, otherwise it will be cluttered if you leave it for a long time.

    In the west courtyard, Mrs. An started dressing at 2 o'clock in the afternoon, changing her clothes one after another, and she was finally at ease until nearly four o'clock.

    This time she chose an apricot dress, the kind that was gentle and dignified. She thought that since Saburo Pei always ran to Chu Qin before, it meant that he liked Chu Qin's style, so she just imitated that taste.

    At four o'clock, Mrs An urged the maid beside him to bring dinner back, and then went directly to the school.

    In fact, the time for dinner should be a little later, but she was nervous, fearing that Saburo Pei would be in vain when she came back early, so she felt that it was better to go earlier to be at ease.

    It was because Wang Yu hadn't come over when Mrs An arrived at the school. She politely asked the book boy in the yard which house Pei Saburo was in, took the food box from the maid, and searched for it by herself.

    She has a slender waist and a graceful posture. Although the book boy on duty is still young, her scalp is numb when she looks at her back.

    ——This style, at first glance, is a concubine! But according to the rules, the concubine's room should not be moved around like this. If she came here like this, either the sky has changed in Muyuan, or something will happen soon.

    The book boy didn't know what to do with this, so after thinking about it, he decided to go first. After doing a little chores at hand, he hurriedly slipped away, and slipped into the bedroom in the backyard of the school to play with a cat.

    An shi found the door of the classroom where Pei Yan was, and followed the crack of the door. Seeing that there was no one else in it except Pei Yan, he carefully opened the door and walked in.

    Her gait was very light, and she didn't make a sound, and the little noise when she pushed the door didn't disturb Pei Yan. So it wasn't until she put the food box on Pei Yan's desk that Pei Yan was surprised that there was someone beside her.

    His eyes narrowed, he raised his eyes, and when he saw that it was Mr. An, his heart tightened: "Is something wrong?"

    Although these two words were not polite, they were not annoyed. Mr. An lowered his head and smiled with a smile. : "I heard that Saburo read the light every day and night. I was afraid that Saburo was tired, so he prepared dinner and brought it here."

    Pei Yan said "oh", and his indifferent eyes returned to the page in his hand: "Let's leave it."

    An shi looked left and right, and seeing that the table next to him was empty, he put the food boxes over there, brought them out and placed them on the table, and said softly, "The wound on Saburo's hand is not yet healed, so don't be too tired. Now, the concubine will take medicine and apply it to Saburo."

    Pei Yan didn't say anything.

    An shi looked sideways, and seeing that he didn't mean to put down the book, he first served him a bowl of fresh soup in a Soviet-style hot pot, along with an egg dumpling, two shrimp balls and a few pieces of spring bamboo shoots. In the past: "I heard that Saburo likes this soup, so the concubine specially prepared it."

    Pei Yan didn't care, and casually glanced at the porcelain bowl at his hand, but his eyes narrowed when he fixed his eyes.

    In the next moment, An Shi was shocked by his Lingling's gaze, and before he could take a closer look, he saw that he had stood up, his face was ashen, and he strode away.

    "Sanlang?!" Mrs An shouted at a loss, Pei Yan walked out of the courtyard, and just as Wang Yu came over to bring a meal, unexpectedly saw him go out in a hurry, Wang Yu was also stunned, and then saw Mrs An chasing after him. When I came out, I felt bad.

    Pei Yan ignored Wang Yu and walked straight out of the school. Wang Yu took a few steps into the classroom with a heart in his head, met An's look of confusion, and said angrily, "Auntie, why don't you go back soon!"     "Oh...oh!" leave. Wang Yufu paced a few steps in again to look at the dishes on the table, his eyes touched the bowl of Su-style hot pot on Pei Yanshu's desk, and he immediately understood what was going on.     "Alas!" Wang Yu was so dizzy with anger that he slapped his forehead and rushed back in a panic.     In the main courtyard of Muyuan, Chu Qin was still unaware that something was going on outside. During dinner, Qingqiu brought back her favorite cold noodles, and even brought more than 20 dishes of various sizes, all of which could be eaten with cold noodles. s things.     Among them, there are about seven or eight kinds of seasonings. The simplest ones are soy sauce and vinegar, and the more complex ones include brine, prepared sesame sauce, and fermented bean curd. The other dozen or so are various side dishes, ranging from fresh shredded cucumber to small stir-fries such as scrambled eggs and shredded eel.     Chu Qin looked at the room full of dishes and rubbed his hands happily, and then looked at the urn of spicy oil with satisfaction.

    She first came with a small bowl of the simplest cold noodles, which is a little soy sauce, vinegar, sesame sauce, with a spoonful of oil and spicy pepper, and then mixed with some cucumber to relieve greasy. It was cold and sour and delicious in one bite. Chu Qin felt that even the heat was a little lighter, and he exclaimed in joy.

    This spicy oil is really delicious!

    Chu Qin remembered Master Zhang's goodness in his heart.

    This small bowl of noodles is only three or two mouthfuls. Chu Qin finished it quickly and was thinking about how to eat the next bowl when Qingquan came in.

    Wang Yu was afraid that things would end badly, and it was Muyuan who hurriedly took the path and ran back to it, earlier than Pei Yan. As soon as he entered the door of Muyuan, he brought someone from the study to the main courtyard to answer. He didn't care about the details for a while, he just told Chu Qin succinctly: "Aunt An went to the school, and the son was so angry that he left immediately.

    " As soon as Qin finished listening to the first half of the sentence, there was a buzzing sound in his head.

    Although the Dasheng Dynasty was civilized and the girls in the deep house could go to school, they were basically unmarried. Married people must guard against men and women, and it is not easy to walk around easily, so the important wives can occasionally visit their husbands on the grounds of visiting their husbands.

    An's is a concubine's room, and logically speaking, she should not even go out of the inner house. Even if you have to go out for a walk, you should at least come to her and say something, and she can go after nodding.

    I don't know if it was because she had successfully persuaded Pei Yan to go to An's house in the last life. This kind of thing never happened at that time, so Chu Qin really didn't expect An's to be so courageous. .

    As soon as this happened, Chu Qin would not be able to take care of it if he didn't come out. She may not be enthusiastic enough to Pei Yan, or not respectful enough to Madam Hu, but if she ignores her concubines who violate the rules, she is not even doing their most basic duties.

    The so-called pursuit of political affairs in one's position means that no matter how smart a person wants to be, he still has to do what he really should do.

    So Chu Qin put down the bowl and was about to go out, planning to go and accuse Pei Yan first, and then bring Mrs An over to teach him a lesson.

    As a result, as soon as she walked out of the inner room and walked to the door of the main room, she bumped into Pei Yan. Pei Yan walked in blindly with a dark face, and abruptly blocked Chu Qin who wanted to go out.

    Back in the inner room, Pei Yan didn't say anything, but he was obviously in a bad mood. He sat down at the dining table and looked puffed up.

    Chu Qin stood beside him awkwardly, and winked back and forth with Qingqiu Qingquan, and finally the three of them turned their attention to Wang Yu.

    Wang Yu came with Pei Yan, and when he entered the inner room, he stood by the door. Seeing that Chu Qin and Qingqiu Qingquan were both looking at him now, he also looked back, but he didn't know what to do with a bitter face.

    There was a stalemate in the room for a long time, Chu Qin had never seen his face so dark in his two lives, and he didn't dare to let out the air for a while.

    Just as she was carefully thinking about how to break the silence, Pei Yan suddenly moved - he still had a dark face, but he indifferently reached out and picked up an empty bowl, holding on to the noodles without saying a word.

    Chu Qin was dumbfounded: Hungry... Hungry?

    The dining table is not a small round table, just now Chu Qin ate alone, and the porcelain bowl with the noodles was on her right. Pei Yan came in like this and sat everywhere, sitting at the farthest position from his face. Seeing this, Chu Qin returned to his soul for a second, and hurriedly took the bowl to help him serve it, while smiling dryly: "Sanlang didn't eat..."

    She wanted to ease the embarrassment, but as soon as she said it - she didn't know what was going on. Feeling even more embarrassed.

    Qingqiu and Qingquan's two girls were still looking at each other. After several lawsuits, Qingqiu stepped forward and tugged on Chu Qin's sleeve.

    Chu Qin put the bowl of noodles back in front of Pei Yan and looked at her sideways, Qingqiu took her eyes to the other side of the desk, she was stunned for a while, and hurriedly gave Qingqiu a wink to tell Qingqiu to put the The urn oil and spicy seeds are withdrawn.

    Qingqiu naturally understood what she meant, and immediately went around the dining table to hold the porcelain urn. However, at the same instant, a slender hand reached out and held the copper spoon in the porcelain urn.

    Qingqiu raised her eyes in horror: "..."

    Pei Yan raised his eyebrows and glanced at her, she just froze, he just said that she wanted to help him pass the porcelain urn forward, but didn't say anything.

    Chu Qin's scalp was numb, and he watched as Pei Yan scooped the spoonful of spicy oil into the bowl and suffocated his expression.

    However, his expression was expressionless, and there was no emotion in that handsome face, and even the anger that he had brought when he came in just now faded. It seemed that he was just here for a meal, but at most he didn't want to talk for a while.

    Chu Qin raised his heart, and the whole room was full of people hanging with courage.

    Pei Yan took a deep breath.

    An's matter really made him very angry. He came to the main courtyard to understand the matter, but when he saw her eating, he held back his anger.

    Because he had read "Seven No Responsibilities" in the book, one of which was "Eat No Responsibility".

    The "Seven No Responsibility" originally meant that parents should pay attention to teaching their children. "No scolding for eating" means that they should not scold their children when they are eating. The reason is that eating is supposed to make people happy, and if it is unpleasant at this time, it will make people feel depressed, and even affect gastrointestinal health.

    Pei Yan thought that since it is about physical health, there should be no difference between adults and children. Children need to eat well, and of course the wife also needs. It is true that adults may not be as squeamish as children, but this time, things are not as clear as the last time when they took a concubine. Speak slowly.

    So Chu Qin watched him mix the bowl of noodles three or two times. The oil and chili peppers were mixed evenly by him, and the light orange-red dyed every noodle.

    Pei Yan raised his eyes and glanced at her. Seeing that she was still beside her, he took a breath and opened his lips: "Have you finished eating?"

    "Oh...no." Chu Qin said subconsciously.

    As soon as she said it, she regretted it - if she said she had finished eating, Pei Yan would probably be able to get straight to the point and get down to business. But now she says she hasn't finished eating, so what should I do! Are you going to eat noodles with him in such a tense atmosphere?

    Then she saw Pei Yan put the freshly mixed bowl of noodles in front of her and put it in front of her.

    Chu Qin didn't react for the whole time, and he stretched out his hand to help him to serve it again. Did you give her this bowl? Is he polite when he's angry? Is he this temper?

    Mingming has spent a lifetime together, but she doesn't know it very well.

    So when the bowl of noodles was served, Chu Qin had to sit back hesitantly, while absently picking out the noodles that had been mixed in the bowl, he watched as he scooped a spoonful of oil and spicy seeds into the new bowl of noodles.

    Chu Qin felt the emptiness in his heart, as if he was caught in bed, and couldn't help staring at his face again.

    The author has something to say:

    Pei Yan: Look at you? I'll just eat your chili? ? Are you staring at me like a thief? ? ?

    Chu Qin: You wait? ? ? ? ? ?

    ====

    Random 100 comments in this chapter will send red envelopes, what?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

730K 105K 39
Yaduvanshi Series #3 it is a book under yaduvanshi series. But it could be read as standalone too. Nitya Raghavendra is a telugu businesswoman earnin...
211K 1.8K 85
Xu Qianqian is the daughter-in-law of the Duke's Mansion. Since childhood, she has been clothed in brocade and food, enjoying all the glory and wealt...
4.3M 287K 61
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
108K 2.1K 61
This is not my story: Credits to the owner/s: For Offline purpose only. "Then why don't I marry you!" Yu Dong suddenly proposed. "You..." Xia Feng...