The Road To Her New Life

By jmichellem

Everything was good for only a minute. Naomi has just gotten her life together, she was happy, she had her fr... More

Author's Note
Characters
Changes
New People
Bullshit Rules
Shopping
"It hurts so much"
Not An Update
House Tour
Rika
Arguments
Phone Call
Pizza
Nightmare
First Day
First Day Pt.2
Plans
Coffee Date
Dinner
Racetrack
Attitude Adjustment
Cast
Planning
Anger
Can We Go Already?
Going Back
It's Not A Dream
The Wake
The Funeral
A Day With My Boys
Shenanigans
Goodbye... Again
"Friends?"
Girl Flu
First Date
Hurtful Disagreements
Weed cupcakes?!
Ms. Dance Captain
Afterparty
Who's Coming???
Meeting the Fam
Oh Shit
Tired

Football Game

181 9 0
By jmichellem

I read over the text Yasmine sent in the group chat one last time before looking around the huge, crowded football field. I didn't think the school had that many students but the field was already pretty full and even more students were still pouring in at the gate.

I crossed the field, my hand coming up to shade my eyes as I looked for Yas and the rest of the girls. "NAI!" I heard multiple voices shout. I turned my head in the direction and saw them waving their hands. I made my way up the bleachers to them, sighing when I finally got here.

It's too damn hot..

Eventually everyone got settled and the band began to play, the beat of the drums vibrating under my feet. The cheerleaders and dancers were out on the field performing. The principal's voice carried through the speakers as he shouted into a microphone.

"WASSUP WEST POINT!"

Students let out cheers and screams. "Alright, alright we finna get started, go ahead and give it up for our WEST POINT MARCHING BAND!" As soon as he finished their introduction, the band started to play Swag Surfin' and the crowd went crazy. The dancers were on our side of the bleachers and the cheerleaders were on the opposite side, both doing their thang.

Everyone started to do the little dance, moving side to side on beat with the song. The JV and Varsity football team came charging out of the field house, ripping through the banner that was held up by the girl football managers. "MAKE SOME NOISE FOR THE WEST POINT WOLVESSS!!" They crowd went crazy once again, all of us cheering.

"Which one is which?" I asked the girls, knowing the boys played football but I couldn't tell who was who because of their helmets. "Number 13 is Ezra, Zay is 86, Jmiere is 47, and Nikolai is 22," Desiree informed me while pointing them out.

They stood on the field and I watched as Zay and Ezra searched for their girls before sending them a smile and a wink. Jmiere spotted me and began to wave dramatically. Heads began to turn my way and I felt my face heat up in embarrassment, I quickly waved back in an attempt to get him to stop.

"Alright, now we finna play tug of war so first we're gonna do freshman and sophomore. Then juniors and seniors and the winners will go against each other to declare the champions. May the best grade win! Can I get 20 freshmen and 20 sophomores down to the field."

A DJ had started up some music from the press box while a couple of boys were coming down from the bleachers.

I'm F-R-E-E, f***-nigga free (f*** 'em)

That mean I ain't gotta worry 'bout no f***-nigga cheating (woo)

And I'm S-I-N-G-L-E again (yeah)

Outside hanging out the window with my ratchet-a** friends (let's go)

I couldn't help but get hype and rap along with the lyrics. I don't even know the point behind playing the clean version when everybody said the curse words anyway but whatever.

They played and the 10th graders won, no surprise there. Then the principal asked for 20 juniors and freshmen. "You don't wanna go out there Nai?" Jas teasingly asked.

I fiercely shook my head, "Hell nah, the fuck," They all laughed at my response. The 11th graders surprisingly won against the 12th graders so the two winning teams were now going against each other. Both teams were persistent in winning until 10th graders started joining in pulling the rope causing the ribbon to go over their line. "AHT AHT! Y'ALL SOME CHEATERS, THE WIN GOES TO THE JUNIORSSS!"

"Aight y'all," The DJ spoke into a mic, gathering everyone's attention. "We finna let the band play and the dancers do they lil thang. Then the cheerleaders gone do what they gotta do, then the spirit stick and we gone get up outta here because y'all starting to get a lil musty outchea in dis sun."

We cracked up as the band began to play a different song. The dancers did their routine which grasped most of the football players' attention. After they were done, we clapped for them and they ran to the track, picking up mini footballs before throwing them into the crowd.

Kaylyyn caught my eye before winking and throwing her football, aiming straight for me. i caught it, I turned it over and saw her handwriting. See you later, beautiful. I found myself cheesing, looking back down at her.

The band moved off the side of the field and the dance team sat on the track as the cheerleaders moved to the center. Only then did I notice the cheer team wearing two different outfits.

"If y'all didn't already notice, we have some cheerleaders with the wrong colors on!" Everyone started to boo, apparently maroon and gold were the opposing team's colors.

"WE GOT SOME RAYMOND CHEERLEADERS AND THEY WANNA BATTLE!!" The principal spoke into his microphone.

The girls had formed two sides, the "Raymond" cheerleaders on one side and the "West Point" cheerleaders on the other. The "Raymond" girls began their cheer with the crowd booing them excessively. "I'm not exactly sure what that was,"The principal clowned them and everyone started to crack up as the "West Point" girls taunted them. "Let's show 'em how it's done West Point High!" The West Point girls began their cheer, the crowd chanting it with them.

When they were done, the girls  spread out around the whole field before throwing t-shirts into the stands. "AIGHT WE GONE DO THE WAVE BEFORE THE SPIRIT STICK, START ON THE RIGHT SIDE AND DON'T DISAPPOINT!" The DJ yelled before leading the song.

We gone do the wave

We gone do the wave

We gone do the wave

We gone do the wave

We were doing good till one section fucked it up making people start to curse them out.

It ain't never that serious Jessica said.

We did the lil spirit stick thing and the seniors won that then the pep rally came to an end and everyone dispersed. "THE GAME START AT 6:30! COME OUT AND SHOW THE WEST POINT WOLVES SOME LOVE!" The DJ called out as we all started to come down the bleachers.

The girls and I held hands so as not to lose each other and made it to the parking lot. "Y'all are going to the game right?" I ask as we stand around my car. A collective 'yeah' went around and I nodded, glad I wasn't going to have to go by myself.

"You all wanna get ready and pregame at my house?" They agreed excitedly so I sent them my address in the group chat before we all headed to our respective cars. I headed home as we went our separate ways, them heading home to get a change of clothes.
...

I had showered and used a t-shirt to put my hair into a pineapple since I didn't really know what to do with it when my doorbell rang. I ran to the door, opening it to see all of the girls with a bag in their hand. They were all wearing similar clothes to me, a baggy shirt and shorts. I invited them in and led them up to my room.

"Girl look at all this fancy stuff up in here," Yasmine said to her twin, walking through my closet.

"I know right, she got two whole vanities. I'm scared to touch anything," Jasmine replied, making me laugh. "Y'all so stupid."

"It is really expensive in here, you sure I can sit on this bed?" Des asked, hesitantly running her hand over my bedding.

"Girl if you don't sit down!" I told her, moving over the outfit I had set out, sliding my shoes over with my foot. It caught her attention and she took it from me, lifting it up to examine it, "Ooh this is cute!" It was only a short, white romper with a blue and white varsity jacket.

The twins began to pull their clothes from the duffle bag while Desiree went to my bathroom to get dressed after she plugged up her flat iron. I turned on some music, hooking it up to my bluetooth speaker.  She stepped out of the bathroom and we began to hype her up as she smiled timidly.

"Ooo, yes ma'am! It's giving what it posed ta gave!"

"Okay Miss Mamas, yo man finna have a fit."

"She's a bad bitch, period!"

Desiree was wearing a blue and white cropped shirt that stopped under her boobs with Ezra's number on it, light blue jeans with holes in the knees and baggy around the ankles paired with blue and black Jordans. She began to hit different poses before stopping and laughing at us.

Jas and Yas both went into the bathroom to change together while Des started to straighten her hair. I looked on Pinterest, desperately searching for a hairstyle to do on my head. The twins had braids in and Des had a wig installed so their hairstyles were easy.

They both came out and similar compliments were thrown their way. Jas was wearing a white crop top, showcasing her belly piercing with black leather pants paired with white and black dunks and a black, red, and cream-colored varsity jacket.

Yas wore a brown, orange, and white varsity jacket over a white bralette with camouflage pants paired with white and orange dunks to match.

"Aww," Desiree pouted all of a sudden. "I didn't get the varsity jacket memo," She explained sadly, looking at all three of our outfits that were paired with varsity jackets.

"I probably have one, c'mon." I tell her, leading her to my closet. Going through my jacket section, I flipped through all of my jackets till I found one that was practically an exact replica of the one I was wearing.

Pulling it off the hanger, I passed it to her with a pleased smile. She grabs it from me, slipping it on her arms with a smile. She then gasps, "Our shoes match too! We're twinning!" She says with an adorable grin and I can't hold mine back as we exit the closet.

They began to style their braids while I changed into my outfit. After walking out and receiving my own compliments, I sat at my vanity with the rest of the girls, still not knowing what to do with my hair.

"Fuck it, I'm not going," I finally decide and they look at me confusedly, now having moved on to putting on makeup. "What's wrong with you?" Yas asked while lining her sister's lips.

"I don't know what to do with this." I whined, pointing to my head.

Jas ran her eyes over my head for a second. "Jassy can do it, she's really good at doing hair," Yasmine told me. After she had finished getting her lips lined, she got up from her seat and stood behind me, running her hand through my curls.

"Bitch why you acting like it ain't none you can do with this." She said picking up a rat tail comb and parting my hair down the middle. She then applied some gel and tried to slick my hair down all soft.

"I don't be having the energy to wrestle with my hair and girl if you don't just brush hard, I'm not tender headed." She let out a breath of relief and began to actually slick it down. "Thank the lord cause we would've been here all night." I chuckled at her statement.

Yas moved on to helping Des with her makeup when Jas asked, "You have any curl activator?" I nodded and pointed to my drawer that had all my hair products.

She came back with the gel in her hands and began applying it to my hair. She scrunched my hair to make the curls more defined before gathering it in a ponytail before using a hair tie to tie it back.

She combed out my curls with a wide-toothed comb before pinning it up with a white claw clip. She used her fingers to comb through my curls and fixed their placement before deeming it perfect. (a/n - at the top)

By the time she was done, everyone else had finished. I hurriedly did my lips, mascara, and added bronzer and highlights to my face. Des helped Jas put on her necklaces while she helped Yasmine.

I stood in front of Yasmine and she clasped my necklaces together for me. We all grabbed our accessories before heading downstairs, to the kitchen.

I went to the alcohol cabinet, grabbing four shot glasses and a bottle of cherry flavored liqueur. Coming back to the island, I place the shot glasses down in a row, before pouring up the alcohol.

We all grabbed a glass, "What are we even toasting to?" Yasmine asked, sniffing the liquid in her glass.

I shrugged, swiveling my head around to all of them. "Umm, how about to having a good first time out with Nai?" Jas suggested.

We all nodded our heads in agreement, raising out shot glasses. "To... what she said!" I toasted, laughing a little before throwing the shot back.

After three more shots, we decided to leave for the game. Des grabbed her red purse and matching sunglasses, Yas had white sunglasses and her sister wore orange sunglasses.

Deciding I also wanted glasses, I told them to stay put and rushed upstairs. I grabbed a blue pair off of my sunglass holder before going back downstairs.

I ran into Hakeem in the living room. "Where y'all headed?" He asked with a plate of food in his hands.

"The football game," I answered, swiping an onion ring off his plate, causing him to playfully glare at me. But then he furrows his eyebrows and asks, "Who's driving?"

I shrugged, glancing at the girls, "Probably me," I answered. Now he actually starts to glare at me like, "No way in hell are you driving! I can smell the alcohol on your breath and that girl over there is practically drunk." He told me in an angry tone, pointing at Desiree's slumped body.

"I'll drive y'all, let's go." He decided, already walking to the garage and grabbing keys off of its hook.

He led us over to a blacked out tesla, hitting a button on the key causing the wing doors to open upwards. My friends gasped in excitement, "I've never seen one of these in person!" Yasmine squeals.

We all pile in, me sitting up front with Ke and the girls in the back. He speeds down the road like a madman, "fucking hell Hakeem!" I shouted since he let down the windows and had the music blasting.

The girls seem to think differently though, hollering in exhilaration. We pulled up to the student parking lot in no time, everyone turning their heads to look at the car, waiting to see who would step out.

Ke switched the engine off and turned down his music. "Y'all gon need a ride back?" He asked.

I threw the strap of my purse over my shoulder, with my hand on the door handle. I shook my head, "Probably not but I'll call you if we do."

He nodded, swiftly pulling out his wallet, "Y'all need money?" He asked, taking out a wad of cash, holding it in his hand as his eyes jumped between the four of us.

The girls started shaking their heads no, but I grabbed the cash without hesitation. "Thank youuu!" I sang, placing a kiss on his cheek before opening the door and getting out.

We had to help Desi out of the car, she was stumbling and off balance while giggling with her eyes closed. I looked at her worriedly, it was only three shots..

We headed over to the ticket booth, paying then entering through the gates. We got good seats, close to the field, and watched as the football players ran through the tunnel of cheerleaders, getting hype. Four of the players that I recognized as our friends and my brother broke off from the team and ran in our direction. They took off their helmets in unison and I heard the group of girls behind us begin to swoon, making me roll my eyes.

Ezra and Zay went to their respective girlfriends while Nik and Jmiere came up to me. "You're not gonna wish us good luck?" Jmiere fake pouted, batting his eyelashes.

"God you're so needy," I sigh, giving them both handshakes and wishing them luck.

"Aye Nai," Ezra called for me, making me turn my attention to him. "You got my girl wasted?" He glared at me playfully. I held up my hands defensively, "I didn't know she was a lightweight, it was only three shots."

He turned back to her, his gaze and tone stern, "No more alcohol for the rest of the night." She nodded, probably not even fully comprehending what he was saying, "Yes dad," she hiccuped.

The shrill of a whistle blew before one of the football coaches was shouting across the field, "HARRIS! MARSHALL! IVANOV! AND WILLIAMS! GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE BEFORE YOU'RE BENCHED!"

They said bye and took off to their team and shortly after the game started.
...

It was now halftime and we were winning, the score was 43 to Raymond's whopping 7 points. The girls and I had just gotten back from the ridiculously long line at the concession stand. We had two trays of nachos, hot dogs, and a variety of candy and drinks. The dance team and the band were out on the field performing their field show and we cheered immensely for them before the winners of homecoming court went out on the field as they do every game.

Soon after, halftime was over the Wolves were back on the field beating ass. The Raymond team seemed to have newfound determination but it was too late by then, our team scored two more touchdowns before the game was over.

We left the bleachers and waited for the boys to change and come out of the locker room. They met us in the parking lot along with Kalynn, "Are y'all going to the afterparty at Asher's?" Nikolai asked the group. Apparently Asher's parents had a huge house and were throwing a celebratory party in favor of the win, open invitation. Everyone had agreed before all eyes were on me, I nodded my head yes even though I had planned to go to bed, I didn't want to be a party pooper.

"Okay, we'll meet back up there." I caught a ride with Kalynn while the twins rode with Zay and Desi rode with Ezra. Jmiere and Nik got in a car and we all headed over to the address that was plugged in the GPS.

a/n~

hey y'allll..

how was this chapter? you like, don't like?

I've never seen anyone write a pep rally before so I was just going off of what my school pep rallies are like.. I'm trying to make this book as original as possible

But fr y'all, I know y'all done waited 34 chapters but we finally finna get into the nitty gritty so put your big girl panties on

huge thank you to the people who are voting, commenting, and sticking with me even tho i update kinda slowly

Love you guys🤎

^their outfits.. they so fine y'all

Continue Reading